Exeter Away

Here's a starter for ten...extract from Fans Guide:

Exeter City - Where To Drink?

There is a Social Club at the ground, which admits away supporters. Otherwise, the ground is walkable from the city centre where there are plenty of pubs. Mike Faulkner from Somerset, recommends the Duke Of York and the Amber Rooms in Sidwell Street. Tony Fort recommends 'The Victoria' on Victoria Road (follow Victoria Street from the back of the Grandstand). As Tony says 'You can park here (for free) but it is a good 10-15 minutes walk from the ground and steep! The pub is great, very "studenty", but full of friendly Exeter supporters. Both the food and ale were excellent both from a quality and value perspective'. Whilst Mick Hubbard adds; 'We walked on from the city centre towards the ground and, instead of following Old Tiverton Road which leads to the ground, we forked right, up Blackboy Road and stopped at the Bowling Green pub, which is about a quarter of a mile from the ground. We enjoyed this pub very much - good beer (i.e. proper ale), comfortable and quite airy, very friendly (locals were hospitable and fans of both clubs mixed amicably) and a separate pool table for those so inclined. A definite recommendation'.

Otherwise if you like your real ale then there is the Wells Tavern (formerly the Brook Green Tavern) on Well Street. This pub is a regular in the annual CAMRA Good Beer Guide and is located only 50 metres away from the football ground and is away fan friendly Sounds promising :drinking45:

but will people be playing out at night time?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did u manage that?!

booked it, end of september pal, block booking! then the travel lodge, exeter. the digs- are halfway between the airport, and town centre. £5 in a taxi - one way or the other. should be know problem with are numbers, picked it out start of the season! puts me on 87 league grounds. all good older lads, so should be a nice trip" :grin:

booked it, end of september pal, block booking! then the travel lodge, exeter. the digs- are halfway between the airport, and town centre. £5 in a taxi - one way or the other. should be know problem with are numbers, picked it out start of the season! puts me on 87 league grounds. all good older lads, so should be a nice trip" :grin:

oh goody..we are taking over travelodge again! :grin:

it's gonna get messi ! :drinking45:

ah right, im guna have a scout for flights but prob end up on train. lookin at same travel lodge tho.

Anyone planning to do this by train there are singles tickets priced 22quid each if you book now. Also 20quid singles for Colchester.

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/com...mmand=TimeTable

Interesting. Could you get that back up for us please mate because, well, it's being a bitch and won't load. Doesn't seem to want to help me out either 'cos it's telling me I'll be traveling for 11 hours...

A whopping 3.2% cashback on offer at Travelodge: http://www.quidco.com/travelodge/

Zorro, ever so slightly off topic I know, forgive me, but do you have a quidco account?

how does it work, how often do they pay you?

I am thinking of getting one, but sometimes the hassle and time for these things, and the amount of purchases mean it is touch and go for me personally.

how do you find them, if you have one?

I do have a Quidco account, yes. They pay on a monthly basis; see FAQ: http://www.quidco.com/help/15

As for your concerns about hassle and time, it literally takes about 5 minutes to set up and then that's it. All you have to do is use their link to the retailer's website and then shop as normal. I'm an infrequent internet shopper, too, but it's worth signing up and getting a bit of brass back when you do need something.

I'm currently in the process of using moneysupermarket.com to find out how much I could potentially save on dual fuel, then I'll use Quidco to place my order with the best supplier (looking like E.ON at the moment - potential saving of £300 a year, plus £70 cashback through Quidco...).

It's £5 a year to be a member, but that's only if you earn £5.

All in all, it's pretty much no-strings-attached. I'd be interested in finding out if anyone has experienced any problems with them.

I do have a Quidco account, yes. They pay on a monthly basis; see FAQ: http://www.quidco.com/help/15

As for your concerns about hassle and time, it literally takes about 5 minutes to set up and then that's it. All you have to do is use their link to the retailer's website and then shop as normal. I'm an infrequent internet shopper, too, but it's worth signing up and getting a bit of brass back when you do need something.

I'm currently in the process of using moneysupermarket.com to find out how much I could potentially save on dual fuel, then I'll use Quidco to place my order with the best supplier (looking like E.ON at the moment - potential saving of £300 a year, plus £70 cashback through Quidco...).

It's £5 a year to be a member, but that's only if you earn £5.

All in all, it's pretty much no-strings-attached. I'd be interested in finding out if anyone has experienced any problems with them.

Cheers Zorro, and ditto.