The Krikkit

I'll take another one in the next test too please. I'd take a draw for the series actually, we weren't given much of a hope over there before the series but to win the one days then be in with a chance of winning the series going in to the final game is magic. Considering we have done this with only 4 bowlers too is a bit of a feat, we might have to drop a batsman for the last game but things aren't totally broken yet.

I'll take another one in the next test too please. I'd take a draw for the series actually, we weren't given much of a hope over there before the series but to win the one days then be in with a chance of winning the series going in to the final game is magic. Considering we have done this with only 4 bowlers too is a bit of a feat, we might have to drop a batsman for the last game but things aren't totally broken yet.

Nah, 4 bowlers for the final test.

Wanderers usually produces a result anyway I think, but the Saffers will IMO make sure the groundsmen produce a relatively poor wicket - a draw's no good to them, they may as well create a wicket that will give a result either way and hope they prevail.

So on the assumption it will be batting rather than bowling that will be the problem, then you play six batsmen.

Just to add to that, a quick google search shows 11 of the last 12 tests there have produced results - six for SA and five for tourists.

There'll be a result, that's for sure on there.

I think on a 'dodgy' surface we've currently got a good mix of bowlers to trouble their line up and Swann, Anderson and Broad are now showing that, on their day, they are capable of 5wicket innings, so therefore i would definately get an extra batsman in.

Edited by futchers briefs

Nah, 4 bowlers for the final test.

Wanderers usually produces a result anyway I think, but the Saffers will IMO make sure the groundsmen produce a relatively poor wicket - a draw's no good to them, they may as well create a wicket that will give a result either way and hope they prevail.

So on the assumption it will be batting rather than bowling that will be the problem, then you play six batsmen.

Nice logic. I reckon they're there for the taking now. Love the way Onions did that black power single fist salute that made Smith cry after the draw in the first test. Pure class.

Nice logic. I reckon they're there for the taking now. Love the way Onions did that black power single fist salute that made Smith cry after the draw in the first test. Pure class.

One friend tols me today that someone on the BBC site said it was like Rourke's Drift at the end. Another suggested that it was more like Mafeking. Ouch...