TTA – Time To Abdicate?

Banging on about it on here is about all that's left to us.

After being sold the ideal of transparency only to be let down by the trust / fan on the board role you are right really...

I think a lot of people should really put CJ on ignore if you are sick of reading his opinion.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know for sure what happened at Ferney?

As for trying, it's a pity that more effort wasn't put in from February 2007, when promotion was there for the taking.

Abysmal, knee-jerk managerial appointments and various examples of harebrained gimmickry haven't exactly helped either, although it could admittedly all be classified as trying.

the tta went to visit the farmer and see the land for themself and came up with an idea,asked the farmer what he wanted for the land and waited.

the farmer was/is a big rugby fan,and having had time to consider his options and the fact the club were pissing the rugby club about decided he could maybe get a better deal elswhere so upped his price for the land,then ignored repeated phone calls from the club.

the club sent someone down to see him and said look,if your not going to accept our initial offer for the land we have no option but to consider other sites,we need a definate answer by such a date if we dont hear from you by then the deal is off....

the farmer is broke these days and is willing to listen to any offers i believe,hence rumour of a prison being built there,i do believe he is now pinning his hopes on the housing market picking up and a subsequent developer making him an offer he wouldnt refuse.

the club wont go back to him because he keeps pissing them about changing his mind.hence why most weeks he cries into his beer in various pubs around chadderton

You love me really. All the Nodders do.

Haha! I don't have you on ignore because some of the stuff you come out with, and your put downs are pretty good, so I like reading those. The only thing that grates that I find crushingly tiresome is the fact that quite correctly we have been left behind. But you feel you have to mention it repeatedly in every other thread.

I love the Oldham Insider better though corp. He only mentions it once, but gets it across perfectly.

x

I think a lot of people should really put CJ on ignore if you are sick of reading his opinion.

I do normally, but not by "sticking him on ignore". I just normally avoid threads that have suddenly jumped to 6 pages in an afternoon.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Banging on about it on here is about all that's left to us.

There's the option of pointing out formally to TTA where their perceived lack of ambition is leading the Club and its little band of meerkats/lemmings/happy clappers/nodders, and asking for changes to their draft proposals to avoid that course of action.

the tta went to visit the farmer and see the land for themself and came up with an idea,asked the farmer what he wanted for the land and waited.

the farmer was/is a big rugby fan,and having had time to consider his options and the fact the club were pissing the rugby club about decided he could maybe get a better deal elswhere so upped his price for the land,then ignored repeated phone calls from the club.

the club sent someone down to see him and said look,if your not going to accept our initial offer for the land we have no option but to consider other sites,we need a definate answer by such a date if we dont hear from you by then the deal is off....

the farmer is broke these days and is willing to listen to any offers i believe,hence rumour of a prison being built there,i do believe he is now pinning his hopes on the housing market picking up and a subsequent developer making him an offer he wouldnt refuse.

the club wont go back to him because he keeps pissing them about changing his mind.hence why most weeks he cries into his beer in various pubs around chadderton

Evidence?

Evidence?

he goes drinking with two friends of mine who are also big rugby fans,one is the lanlord of the cartoon pub in chadderton,knows him very well and can often be found propping his bar up moaning and growning on how much he lost or will lose and how he triumphantly pissed the amigos off because they hate rugby and he doesnt.

There's the option of pointing out formally to TTA where their perceived lack of ambition is leading the Club and its little band of meerkats/lemmings/happy clappers/nodders, and asking for changes to their draft proposals to avoid that course of action.

Obviously, they will make all the necessary adjustments to reverse the downscaling of the club just because I suggest they should.

For a man who's just retired, you seem to have more credulity than a school leaver.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

he goes drinking with two friends of mine who are also big rugby fans,one is the lanlord of the cartoon pub in chadderton,knows him very well and can often be found propping his bar up moaning and growning on how much he lost or will lose and how he triumphantly pissed the amigos off because they hate rugby and he doesnt.

This isn't evidence. It's anecdote again.

Obviously, they will make all the necessary adjustments to reverse the downscaling of the club just because I suggest they should.

For a man who's just retired, you seem to have more credulity than a school leaver.

Just think Corp, if you took up TTA's invitation and came back here with a 'get stuffed' reply from TTA, you would be glad you'd made the effort to prove your point even to any doubters you may have.

Once again you cannot resist making a personal point. :disappointed:

Maybe you could pop in and torture him?

Just think Corp, if you took up TTA's invitation and came back here with a 'get stuffed' reply from TTA, you would be glad you'd made the effort to prove your point even to any doubters you may have.

Once again you cannot resist making a personal point. :disappointed:

It isn't a personal point. It's a comment in direct response to the kind of thing you typically say, which is all I've got to go on.

It isn't necessary to meet anybody at the club to get that kind of answer (or as good as.)

It isn't a personal point. It's a comment in direct response to the kind of thing you typically say, which is all I've got to go on.

It isn't necessary to meet anybody at the club to get that kind of answer (or as good as.)

If you choose to refuse to take up the Club's invitation, you are wrong to say "banging on about it on here is about all that's left to us".

No offence at all intended Ed but if we took everyone's word on here as fact then...well....

Edited by oafc0000

So we are just supposed to consider anything that anybody posts as lies or heresay until he/she can back it up with 'evidence'?

Wouldn't that make 99% of the posts on the board completely irrelevant?

If someone says he knows something tobe true can't we just take it as read? Unless it's BluePizza ......

We're asked to keep the Faith in the Club. TTA are the Club's owners.

So your idea of "Keeping the Faith" (the most pathetic slogan I've seen, anywhere) in the club is blindly believing everything the club's officials and owners tell you?

I suppose fan is short for fanatic...

Maybe you could pop in and torture him?

i think he is doing a very good job of that himself...

if i owned the amount of land he does,and got offered a very good amount of cash for it,i certainly wouldnt be sitting in a pub in chadderton moaning and groaning,warmer climate would win the day every time,and jet in for the games,lol

So your idea of "Keeping the Faith" (the most pathetic slogan I've seen, anywhere) in the club is blindly believing everything the club's officials and owners tell you?

I suppose fan is short for fanatic...

Well surely it's better to beleive the word of the people that can actually affect the direction of the club, rather than beleiving the supposition and general rubbish that's posted on here most of the time.