Dave Penney's Blue and White Army

I am all for giving people time but what has DP done or what have you seen which gives you hope ? Or is it just blind faith / hope ?

I've seen games where we have played well and not won but it always comes back to the same problem - we can't score goals. I think that if DP can solve this problem then we're a decent side. The defence is solid (5th best in the league?) and the midfield is looking better thanks to dale stephens. All the injuries we've had haven't exactly helped have they?

Success takes time, just look how long it took joe royle. What if he'd been sacked after a few months?

I'm still backing DP even if no one else is. I genuinely believe he will turn this around. Patience is a virtue...

I was like this too, and I genuinely hope he does. However, time is definitely running out and if he gets nothing at the Brentford game, then I think he will be out.

we'll be in league 2 next season then.

we were unlucky to lose today and again individual mistakes cost us - parker ,abbott, smalley, greagn etc.

so im not sure what else penney could have done today. he set up an attacking team and we should have been clear by half time. dont have a go at penney for this one, the players should take the blame. if you dont take your chances, you're going to come away with nothing

I've seen games where we have played well and not won but it always comes back to the same problem - we can't score goals. I think that if DP can solve this problem then we're a decent side. The defence is solid (5th best in the league?) and the midfield is looking better thanks to dale stephens. All the injuries we've had haven't exactly helped have they?

Success takes time, just look how long it took joe royle. What if he'd been sacked after a few months?

And the fact that we are one of the most negative, boring teams to watch in the division. At the end of the day fans are voting with their feet. todays crowd was 3656, wednesdays was 3688. So far the average attendance in the league this season is 5086, down approximately 10 percent from last year. And if these sub 4000 crowds persist, which I firmly believe they will do as long as Penney is in charge, I think TTA's arm will be forced.

we were unlucky to lose today and again individual mistakes cost us - parker ,abbott, smalley, greagn etc.

so im not sure what else penney could have done today. he set up an attacking team and we should have been clear by half time. dont have a go at penney for this one, the players should take the blame. if you dont take your chances, you're going to come away with nothing

But 8 out of the 11 players who started the game today were signed or resigned by Penney. This was his team out there, he brought in these players, he picked the tactics, the buck falls with him. Once we went one down that was it, the management didn't have a clue how to change it round.

But 8 out of the 11 players who started the game today were signed or resigned by Penney. This was his team out there, he brought in these players, he picked the tactics, the buck falls with him. Once we went one down that was it, the management didn't have a clue how to change it round.

after the goal the head dropped yes, but once you're at a club, you play for them and earn your wages. its easy to blame the management but i think they werent to blame today. SOME of the players were.

I know i was but i'm just getting fed up of his s**t management.

RITCHIE IN! oh god i sound like blue_pizza :blink:

I don't think Ritchie would be the right appointment at the mo based on the type of manager he is.

As a set of fans we need to stop looking to the past whenever a managerial appointment goes tits up and we need a new manager. I would be a rich man if I got a pound for every time I heard a fan say "bring ritchie/shez/joe/eyres back". We need to judge any manager on his ability to do the job.

Although I think we would be more positive with our style of play under Ritchie, I think this lot need someone who could put the fear of god into them, and the only manager we would stand half a chance of getting who could do that should Penney go is Gannon, as much of a :censored: he is.

I'm still backing DP even if no one else is. I genuinely believe he will turn this around. Patience is a virtue...

But from practically the first match of the season every man and his dog has seen we needed another striker and he still hasn't sorted it. You can't keep putting square pegs in round holes....it's driving me mad :angry:

But from practically the first match of the season every man and his dog has seen we needed another striker and he still hasn't sorted it. You can't keep putting square pegs in round holes....it's driving me mad :angry:

but we dont know the whole story. maybe he and gray have spent most of the week trying to get a striker in but noone wants to come. i just hope theyre not waiting for heffernan to become avaliable again. why not enquire aboiut warren feeney?

after the goal the head dropped yes, but once you're at a club, you play for them and earn your wages. its easy to blame the management but i think they werent to blame today. SOME of the players were.

I am not saying its entirely the managers fault, but these are players he has signed. And it was also glaringly obvious before the transfer window opened that scoring goals were a problem......so he goes and brings in a centre half and a defensive midfielder.

Three weeks in and we still have not signed any attacking players.

In my opinion the stats dont lie

- We are 21st in the league and the lowest scorers

- We have won just twice in the past 15 games, drawn three and lost nine.

- Regarding the budget, Simon Corney stated "I can categorically say that, given the money we've spent on players this season, it's higher. There are teams with bigger budgets in the division, but it's certainly not a bottom-four budget."

I listened to the game today and it sounded like we played well apart from not scoring and the penalty was abit of a wierd one. I would blame players more than the manager today, from the sounds of it we had a few chances that should definitely have been goals (thats how it sounded anyway) but they wern't taken. I'm sure this was incredibly frustrating for Penney but credit to him he never once blamed the players he just said 'we're not scoring'. He took a chance on Eaves and i was hoping he would, didn't have long enough to make an impact but i hope he keeps getting time on the pitch. Our position at the moment is abit false i think. When we get players back (as we are starting to now) then i think we'l start winning and there's only 4 points between relegation and 13th so there are plenty of teams above us that will be just as worried about relegation.

I listened to the game today and it sounded like we played well apart from not scoring and the penalty was abit of a wierd one. I would blame players more than the manager today, from the sounds of it we had a few chances that should definitely have been goals (thats how it sounded anyway) but they wern't taken. I'm sure this was incredibly frustrating for Penney but credit to him he never once blamed the players he just said 'we're not scoring'. He took a chance on Eaves and i was hoping he would, didn't have long enough to make an impact but i hope he keeps getting time on the pitch. Our position at the moment is abit false i think. When we get players back (as we are starting to now) then i think we'l start winning and there's only 4 points between relegation and 13th so there are plenty of teams above us that will be just as worried about relegation.

exactly, we're not the only ones down here and i dont think we're playing to badly, just no end product. the results will come. i just hope none of the penney-out-ers will suddenly jump back and be his biggest fan.

exactly, we're not the only ones down here and i dont think we're playing to badly, just no end product. the results will come. i just hope none of the penney-out-ers will suddenly jump back and be his biggest fan.

How naive. How many who were chanting "Deano" at Brill today had previously offered a different opinion on him and his future at the club?