If it wasn't for Dean Brill

Brill pulled off a couple of good saves on Saturday.

Flav pulled off a couple of good saves last night.

Flav looked dire against Brentford.

Brill let a poor on in against Brighton.

Funny old game innit?

the same shots on sat that were mainly at him - which he comes out halfway thru half time to practice to put fans minds at ease to prove he CAN catch even tho he has all week to practice it?

nothing funny about the game we're playing now im afraid. wish i could find something to cheer me up

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it's a big mystery why Brill wasn't played after a clean sheet.

But, for me, the biggest mystery is that, wherever Dr Mark Sloane, Jessica Fletcher, Inspector Barnaby, Quincy, Columbo, Peter Suctliffe and DI Frost go, there is always a murder. I think them mentioned people have a lot to answer for.

But, for me, the biggest mystery is that, wherever Dr Mark Sloane, Jessica Fletcher, Inspector Barnaby, Quincy, Columbo, Peter Suctliffe and DI Frost go, there is always a murder. I think them mentioned people have a lot to answer for.

I feel a bigger mystery is who shot Monty Burns. I am still waiting for BBC2 to show the episode that reveals all.

And there are saves....and then there are saves...ya get ya routine, he should make them etc ones that Brill does....not seen him pull off anything like Flav did at Stockport tho and I've little confidence that he would be able to.

Flav....by miles and miles....

And there are saves....and then there are saves...ya get ya routine, he should make them etc ones that Brill does....not seen him pull off anything like Flav did at Stockport tho and I've little confidence that he would be able to.

Flav....by miles and miles....

It's an interesting argument you have. Yes the back 5 play together and yes the defence contribute to how many clean sheets we keep. However, Flav and Brill have played behind the same back 4 across the course of the season. In fact, Gregan and Hazell are the only constant so in many respects you could argue that statistically Brill has been better for the team this season.

I agree it's a big mystery why Brill wasn't played after a clean sheet.

I would also like to add Fr Dowling to this list.

And Rebus.

There all sly :censored:. There is more to them than meets the eye.

Everywhere that Banaceck went, you could be sure that an insurance scam was only minutes away. As well as a high-powered feminist woman who would start frothing as soon as he told her she was a slut who should know her place.

Double save against Tranmere away.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Will give you that one! I actually thought at the time he made a real hash of the first save but found on the replay I was being a little harsh. It's been rare though. I think this one is like Marmite. I personally don't feel comfortable with him net whatsoever. Even the Orient game where he let's the ball slip out of his hands for a corner or where he hacks down Byfield against Walsall...it doesn't have to be goals he costs...it's the danger he puts us in at times too.

Flav for me. Hope we sign him in the summer as No.1 and keep Brill maybe as a no.2 (rather than paying him off.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

Flav for me. Hope we sign him in the summer as No.1 and keep Brill maybe as a no.2 (rather than paying him off.)

Whoever the keeper is next season there won't be a number 2. We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope the No.1 doesn't get injured, suspended or suffer a loss of form.

Spoke volumes about the commitment to the playing squad when we let the Polish keeper go at the start of the season.

Already been said, but clean sheets are not just down to the keeper - mine weren't when I played; the defenders in front of you do their job to make your life easier. I had clean sheets and never made a save. Did Alex Smithies have a blinder to keep us out on Tuesday night? Didn't need to, apparently. How many other times have we fired blanks withoiut the oppo keeper having to break sweat? Of course, there are those games where the keeper does it almost single handedly - Williams at Colchester, fon Williams in first game of the season, Myhill at Spurs spring to mind.

Nah, it's not just down to Brill. Personally, he worries me. He can pull off a stunning save one minute then give you heart failure the next. Flav for me - hope we sign him at the end of the season.

Edited by Bristolatic

If it wasn't for Dean Brill we'd probably have about 5 more points from the first couple of games alone! His determination to turn it around after a bad start is impressive, but I'm not confident in him and more importantly I thought Fleming looked like a promising young player last year - one of my highlights of the season (albeit with plenty to learn).

So a poor signing for me - we didn't need him and he doesn't impress me very much. Add in the fact that he's apparently the highest earner at the club and you have a bad piece of business...

Add in the fact that he's apparently the highest earner at the club and you have a bad piece of business...

Even considering he will have been on a Division 2 contract I can't believe that. His options won't have been many from the non-league and there's going to be at least a few others on more. Taylor would be my guess for top earner.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Even considering he will have been on a Division 2 contract I can't believe that. His options won't have been many from the non-league and there's going to be at least a few others on more. Taylor would be my guess for top earner.

No guesswork - that rumour predates and goes beyond me pal.

No guesswork - that rumour predates and goes beyond me pal.

Not arguing the rumour has been out there a while. I just don't believe it.

As for Brill, after that initial start he's turned into a pretty average Division 3 keeper. I think Flahavan is a smidgeon better (and probably on more money :wink: ), but he's not under contract with us. If we get relegated I think this decision makes itself. If we stop up I guess it depends upon the guys that see him every day and think they can keep the second half of the season going/improve him further.

I would have gone for Gregan, in spite of the reduced wage for this season. But definitely not Brill. I reckon there will be a good few on more than him.

I would have gone for Gregan, in spite of the reduced wage for this season. But definitely not Brill. I reckon there will be a good few on more than him.

I think Dean Brill being the top earner (or one of them) is the biggest load of steaming dung I've heard in a long time. I don't like the guys "abilities" but unlike the trend, I ain't going to use every stick available to beat the guy with. Now ask me if he's earned his wage this season and I'll give you another answer :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

• 4 weeks later...