Protest at the Brentford game?

Enough's a enough, Penney's a bad 'un yep but time to let TTA know just how pissed off we are. The Trust are up TTA arse so surely it is Time for the stayaways to grow some balls and do summat for a club that has given them so much pleasure over the years or are they just willing to sit back and let us die like many of ORLFC's 'diehards'.

Over to you lot...

Everyone get their arses to BP on Saturday, get the place rocking and let Corney and co just what we think, let them know they may own the club lock, stock and barrel but it is still OURS and we want it back!

'Brentford' that should be in the title obviously...

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be fabulous if all the stayaways could be mobilised to attend a game, get the place rocking, and show TTA what the potential of the club is if they invest in it.

So if I come to protest then TTA could read that as an encouraging thing :) Maybe I should stick to voting with my feet then...

Assuming they have something to invest

"They" could refer to TTA or any other investors then!

So if I come to protest then TTA could read that as an encouraging thing :) Maybe I should stick to voting with my feet then...

There is something counter-intuitive about it all. Interested to see if it can build a little momentum though.

Edited by opinions4u

Nope, those that choose to attend could arrive 15 minutes late, make banners, chant loudly - yes it will swell the coffers but it will also demonstrate just how big the groundswell of apathy is. They can ignore the chants, protests etc... but it will again be there for all to see when we again get barely 3,500 against Walsall. It is up to us as fans to do something. That is assuming we still want a club or was that hell in 2003 all for nothing?

Nope, those that choose to attend could arrive 15 minutes late, make banners, chant loudly - yes it will swell the coffers but it will also demonstrate just how big the groundswell of apathy is. They can ignore the chants, protests etc... but it will again be there for all to see when we again get barely 3,500 against Walsall. It is up to us as fans to do something. That is assuming we still want a club or was that hell in 2003 all for nothing?

Well I am sick of them to be frank. Even there new dream seems to be going nowhere... Weren't we meant to be seeing plans in Jan ? 7 days left and no plans for a meeting...

Useless...

Needs some headline to this though if it's happening! Which goes along the lines of if we have to accept Failsworth then we at least want a club/proper squad to take there. Not a car-boot-sale squad!

I wanted to see how much support there would be for this sort of thing, and I don't suggest direct action lightly. I know you were involved in the J W Lees boycott protest in 1998 and SAFE, (perhaps we may need to form a dedicated protest group further along the line) We need someone who can devote the necessary time to organise the protest. But something needs to be done and bloody quick.

I wanted to see how much support there would be for this sort of thing, and I don't suggest direct action lightly. I know you were involved in the J W Lees boycott protest in 1998 and SAFE, (perhaps we may need to form a dedicated protest group further along the line) We need someone who can devote the necessary time to organise the protest. But something needs to be done and bloody quick.

If I'm honest, and this sounds really defeatest, but having seen the odd text Simon Corney has sent to 1 or 2 that I know and after the conversation he had after the Tranmere game with a friend who's invested quite a lot of money in the club...it's quite clear that the fan isn't important in the regime anymore. I do have some sympathy, but not the extent things have been done! Ala the stealth land stripping, the use of us against the council to gain planning permission to increase land value only to rip up redevelopment on the sly and railroad us down to Failsworth. Hey...I must accept that now I'm told...fair enough...but at least give us something in return on the pitch. This budget is :censored:e...utter :censored:e! Or we'd be looking for more Heffernans and Timars....looking higher up for calibre and not picking from Hudds reserves and League 2.

The fans left (or those more hardened ones walking away now) are starting to be taken for as a mug by the owners with the spin and propaganda over Failsworth and budgets! That yesterday was the 1st sub-4000 league game crowd on a Saturday for over 20 plus years!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I would like to see TTA put us up for sale... Land and the club for whatever price they deem fare... and advertise us promoting the planning permission which has already been obtained and see if anyone will take us on...

Under no circumstance do I want to see the Trust taking control of the club in anyway at all...

I know its a minority view point but I would rather die with pride than survive as a shadow of our former self. If the club ever went pop then we would emerge in a Wimbledon fashion anyway...

I am prepared to take the ultimate risk at the moment... Failsworth just feels so wrong and the proof I am wrong just is not forthcoming while stands are being dropped...

Edited by oafc0000

If I'm honest, and this sounds really defeatest, but having seen the odd text Simon Corney has sent to 1 or 2 that I know and after the conversation he had after the Tranmere game with a friend who's invested quite a lot of money in the club...it's quite clear that the fan isn't important in the regime anymore. I do have some sympathy, but not the extent things have been done! Ala the stealth land stripping, the use of us against the council to gain planning permission to increase land value only to rip up redevelopment on the sly and railroad us down to Failsworth. Hey...I must accept that now I'm told...fair enough...but at least give us something in return on the pitch. This budget is :censored:e...utter :censored:e! Or we'd be looking for more Heffernans and Timars....looking higher up for calibre and not picking from Hudds reserves and League 2.

The fans left (or those more hardened ones walking away now) are starting to be taken for as a mug by the owners with the spin and propaganda over Failsworth and budgets! That yesterday was the 1st sub-4000 league game crowd on a Saturday for over 20 plus years!!!

:(

If people like BB80 have given up there is no hope :(

We really are on our arse aren't we? It's :censored:ing depressing! The dream has turned into a nightmare and we have well and truly been shafted.

or want to...which i suspect they don't.

business is business...latics are just a small part of the final deal to them.

For me there is still valuable land at BP with massive potential and there is planning permission to realise it. All that is needed is the £££ to make it happen. If TTA do not have it then put us up for sale and lets see what happens.

Are people prepared to take that risk ?

For me there is still valuable land at BP with massive potential and there is planning permission to realise it. All that is needed is the £££ to make it happen. If TTA do not have it then put us up for sale and lets see what happens.

Are people prepared to take that risk ?

I'm not. If it backfires and we do enough to piss them all off leaving us in a worse-than-Stockport scenario I'd hold people like you personally responsible.

I don't want to go through 2003 again. No way.

I'd hold people like you personally responsible.

Feel free to, if it makes you feel better... Nowt to do with me though, I have no power or control over anything...

By the same token you going to take it on the chin if TTA screw us over?

Edited by oafc0000