Protest at the Brentford game?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I would rather avoid it but not at the expense of a slow death which Failsworth will give us...

and therein lies the dilemma. Too many sat back and believed Chris Moore - no point in moving anywhere if we are staring down the barrell of the Conference, if we go down the budget will again be slashed appropriately. Some of us have been stating our concerns since the summer, i'm glad that many more have finally cottoned on...having said that the footballing side is a side issue. As Ross says we have been in the process of being shafted by stealth for a good couple of years.

I'm not. If it backfires and we do enough to piss them all off leaving us in a worse-than-Stockport scenario I'd hold people like you personally responsible.

I don't want to go through 2003 again. No way.

Thats a bit like how I've felt about our last real promotion chance which fans binned and for me, led us down this path. I want us up for sale...properly advertised...not token gestures, not cosy meetings with John Wardle. If no-one comes in...so be it...if it's happening, let's see the proof. Let's have it on the website, in the FT etc.

Thats a bit like how I've felt about our last real promotion chance which fans binned and for me, led us down this path. I want us up for sale...properly advertised...not token gestures, not cosy meetings with John Wardle. If no-one comes in...so be it...if it's happening, let's see the proof. Let's have it on the website, in the FT etc.

Agreed

I remember once seeing a protest staged by the fans of an Italian club - possibly Lazio. They all stayed at the back of the stand for the first ten minutes of the game, leaving the entire stand deserted, their intention being to demonstate what future games would look like if the club did something against their wishes.

Edited by meatpaste

I remember once seeing a protest staged by the fans of an Italian club - possibly Lazio. They all stayed at the back of the stand for the first ten minutes of the game, leaving the entire stand deserted, their intention being to demonstate what future games would look like if the club did something against their wishes.

WOW that is pretty cool...

I think our support is to divided on the issue for that to work...or any protest...

Didn't a recent poll suggest 60%+ where behind tta ?

Edited by oafc0000

The problem we would have with that is that our stands are empty before people start going to the back, I'm not sure anyone would notice TBH.

The problem we would have with that is that our stands are empty before people start going to the back, I'm not sure anyone would notice TBH.

Trouble is then we have a protest within a protest, people under the stand would be heard to be singing...":censored: ground no pie, :censored: ground no pie..." latics fans are not known for prioritising their grievances!

Feel free to, if it makes you feel better... Nowt to do with me though, I have no power or control over anything...

By the same token you going to take it on the chin if TTA screw us over?

screwing us over with what? If it's making an exit after building a new ground in Failsworth but with no debt and a platform to attract new investment, yes. I'm all for protesting about how the budget is being handled, or how perhaps a change of management may help us but it's a dangerous stunt to pull. Never lose sight of the fact that TTA could walk away tomorrow AND demand the money they have sunk into the club back. Effectively this is what is a possibility.

TBH they could have done that already, and if rumour is to be believed then a couple of them would do so tomorrow. The exit strategy is happening, make no bones about it. But rocking the boat is a bit too dangerous for me too be comfortable with, I mean if there was a clear buyer interested publically then fine. But there isn't and with an council that doesn't give a toss, fans not caring any more then I really can't see investment coming soon.

Also, Corney has always stated that anyone is welcome to come in for a meeting, look at the books and raise their grievances personally. Why not focus your energy on doing that? Get 4 or 5 of you together as some "Action Group", go down and report back. If that doesn't come off, THEN start the public protests off.

get rid of the TTA then we have no football club,it's that simple.No one is going to come in and invest for fcuks sake,look at the mess at notts county,some people really have short memories.

I don't have a magic ball and I don't rub shoulders with people who have enough money to buy a football club or any major multi million pound development but I would of thought valuable land + planning permission would of attracted interest even if whoever bought it would have to fund the club as well...

Oldham Arena is only not happening because TTA can not raise the money to make it happen. Is it really beyond possibility there is someone out there who could / would ? I don't think it is as clear cut as you think.

Its a simple choice isnt it... Vote Failsworth and all the risks that go with it or vote to take a different risk...

I don't think any of our options are currently great to be frank and all have the potential to lead us to having no club. Although it should be said OAFC 2004 would become OAFC 20XX if the club ever went bust. The club would reform.

What exactly is it that you want to protest about?

I'm as frustrated as anyone about what's happening at the moment but I don't know what people see as the alternative.

No matter what people believe or do not believe, the fact is that TTA are still ploughing in the kind of money at the moment that most of us could only dream of. It seems clear that the amount of money they are putting in, however , has reduced in the last season or so but that's hardly surprising considering the global economic sitauation at the moment.

If they walk away, and i've no doubt that if we piss them off enogh, they will, what are we left with? An unsustainable club and little hope of finding someone to save us (look at the other clubs in financial trouble at the moment, they are not exactly fighting off suitors.

As for the decisions that they have made over the last few years, most people were in favour of the appointment of Penny, a manager who had proven himself at this level. Shez was given significant funds but we just came up short. Despite what people want to post now, most people thought it was time for him to go when he did. Anyone who was at MK Dons last season and witnessed the arguments amongst our own supporters over Shez know that he couldn't have stayed.

I want a successful football club but I do not want the boom bust we went through under Chris Moore. The only way you can have both (if indeed you can) is to appoint the best manager for the job and support him as far as your means will allow. I genuinely believe that this is what they have done. It is simply unfortunate that the man who looked perfectly capable of doing a good job has, so far, failed to deliver.

I agree that it would be wonderful if the club could be sold to someone who could give the manager more to work with but I also believe that if someone came along, TTA would sell. I don't believe that people buy football clubs because they see an advert in the FT. The people out there who have the available funds to buy a football club know which ones are available and which aren't. If they know that little about football that they don't have this knowledge, we are probably better off without them.

Also, Corney has always stated that anyone is welcome to come in for a meeting, look at the books and raise their grievances personally. Why not focus your energy on doing that? Get 4 or 5 of you together as some "Action Group", go down and report back. If that doesn't come off, THEN start the public protests off.

What needs to be said / asked in private ?

Bingo, you can't be more open and clear than that

you're asking me? Christ! You were asking where to sign up a page back.

I have nothing to ask TTA other than for them to put up the plans for Failsworth and show how they take us to the next level... Where are they ? Why does that need to happen in private ? Its a public action that one...

If the plans are not coming any time soon / they will not take us to the next level then I vote to take our chances... They really need to show us the vision now...

Edited by oafc0000

What exactly is it that you want to protest about?

Thats what I thought ...... one to many people with time on there hands yesterday, sat in fornt of the tv watching the news about the pompie fans (who have an actual reason to protest)!!!

Daddy I want to do that :bored:

Thats what I thought ...... one to many people with time on there hands yesterday, sat in fornt of the tv watching the news about the pompie fans (who have an actual reason to protest)!!!

Daddy I want to do that :bored:

is that really fair to say ? i don't think it is...

Oh well... I really hope TTA get it right with Failsworth....