Protest at the Brentford game?

Its a call to put the club up for sale along with the land... Well as far as I see it anyway...

Who to say it isn't or that if someone appraoched TTA with a good offer they would accept it.

..... some seem to think its a Penney out, not enough pies and out of date beer protest :blink:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough's a enough, Penney's a bad 'un yep but time to let TTA know just how pissed off we are. The Trust are up TTA arse so surely it is Time for the stayaways to grow some balls and do summat for a club that has given them so much pleasure over the years or are they just willing to sit back and let us die like many of ORLFC's 'diehards'.

Over to you lot...

Everyone get their arses to BP on Saturday, get the place rocking and let Corney and co just what we think, let them know they may own the club lock, stock and barrel but it is still OURS and we want it back!

'Brentford' that should be in the title obviously...

To be honest, Prozac (and I wish I felt differently), I would rather stage my own protest by not going to the matches and saving the money I will spend on a programme/strike it lucky, pie, drink, another pie, silly bet on Whitaker first goal, another pie, crisps, tea, another pie.

Them set of :censored: don't deserve the satisfaction of knowing I have paid to watch them.

Edited by Markoasis
Swearing - nice try, its still swearing

Who to say it isn't or that if someone appraoched TTA with a good offer they would accept it.

At the risk of being accused of repeating myself like you lot do with corp, it either up for sale and being pushed or its not... This idea of a good offer is pointless one as how would people know whats going at BP ? aka good land + planning permission...

I have nothing to ask TTA other than for them to put up the plans for Failsworth and show how they take us to the next level... Where are they ? Why does that need to happen in private ? Its a public action that one...

because it's the correct course of action. Do it privately and formally, even state you'll mobilise public protests if you're not satisfied with that. Then go public, you'll get more backing that way, rather than a "put up or feck off" Ill-conceived vigilante protest.

Because I wouldn't back anything if it weren't done properly like that.

because it's the correct course of action. Do it privately and formally, even state you'll mobilise public protests if you're not satisfied with that. Then go public, you'll get more backing that way, rather than a "put up or feck off" Ill-conceived vigilante protest.

Because I wouldn't back anything if it weren't done properly like that.

So you saying I should be able to see the plans in private ? Just me ? The plans should be made visible to everyone... Like TTA said they would be...

I think you are dead wrong and its not the correct course of action. Its a public action everyone is entitled to I feel.

Nice idea but I reckon there will be about five of us there :)

Cracking idea because many of those that claim they have got the clubs best interest at heart cannot be arsed to pay to get inside the ground (Using a multitude of excuses)

That could be a reason wht the club is in such state at the moment

Rant Over

Cracking idea because many of those that claim they have got the clubs best interest at heart cannot be arsed to pay to get inside the ground (Using a multitude of excuses)

Rant Over

I have explained why i am not longer coming on many occasions... I stopped at the end of last season, you really think our problems started then ?

Edited by oafc0000

So you saying I should be able to see the plans in private ? Just me ? .

no, a small group with similar fears/concerns, who would approach formally with someone taking minutes. It can be done, quite easily with this forum, but there always seems a "what's the point" answer.

There's every point.

Rant Over

I've spent approaching £1,000 this eason getting to games all over the frigging country and get repaid by negative tactics, inevitable 1-0 defeats, gutless displays from the likes of Smalley/Parker/Furman/Whitaker and after Norwich, when we conceded the second and decided just to keep the score down, it was the final straw.

I am not watching the gutless performances served up by Dave Penis and his men! The club still have my money cos I paid for a ST but no chance on this earth am I watching until that clueless :censored: has left.

Not that I have to justify myself!

I have explained why i am not longer coming on many occasions... I stopped at the end of last season, you really think our problems started then ?

Never have been one to get involved in discussions like this but

You pay your dues - You have a vote

And PLEASE dont take it personally

Its a call to put the club up for sale along with the land... Well as far as I see it anyway...

yep and no longer are we prepared to see the club ran into the ground so their exit strategy can become a reality. An exit strategy that may or may not be good for the club but certainly good for them. An exit strategy that so far there's been very little detail released and one that is very likely to cost us our third tier status. Everyone around them has stated the importance of getting it right on the field before looking at such a move, instead they have played at it, instead we see a squad that year after year is so inadequate in make up and sheer numbers it is simply not up to the job (05/06 apart) even in 06/07 when top of the league the club failed to bring in the cover that could have seen us promoted. The procession of loanees that have ripped the heart out of the club, and have people struggling to recognise any affinity with the club thay have supported for decades, the refusal to speculate to accumulate with people like Wellens and Porter has cost us millions! TTA have cut their nose off to spite their faces, they've nigh on doubled season ticket prices and matchday admission, money has been made on transfers and tv money that wasn't budgeted for in their wildest dreams along with several high-profile cup-ties etc... But all we hear is what they have done for the club.

The identity and heart has been ripped out of the club bit by bit, we have an MD referring to his players as 'Donuts' we have him constantly whigeing about attendances in the local press, then at loggerheads with the local press. The emotional blackmail card is played all too often, we fell for it and marched in massive numbers for the good of the club. Then without prior notice the scheme was binned in favour of a better pay out. We have a stand ripped down for no good reason other than a cost-saving exercise, that has alienated 25% of the gate and that is showing in the attendances now. The demolition of the Clayton Arms was a criminal business decision, the lack of marketing for nearly four years, the all round matchday experience. A bit of nouse here and there would have seen this club in the Championship instead a stubborn refusal to even speculate to accumulate a little has seen us wind up in the situation we have. Too often the owners have given up at the first hurdle. Ferney Field, Oldham Arena, investing in the team in 05/06 nthen binning the budget and the manager instead of sticking to the original plan, the scoreboard debacle and we all know the moment the going gets tough over the Failsworth project then again the dummy will come out. I've had enough I want action not piss and wind and that's all we've had for 6 years.

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO PROTEST ABOUT!

The austere make do and mend mentality will see us take very little of a club to Failsworth.

Edited by oafcprozac

no, a small group with similar fears/concerns, who would approach formally with someone taking minutes. It can be done, quite easily with this forum, but there always seems a "what's the point" answer.

There's every point.

I think we're past small groups, the owners talk a very good game and are very convincing. However, it's action we want not telling people what they want to hear. That's happened for six years.

There's every point.

All my fears / concern are about the stadium. They can only be tackled by the promised public unavailing of the plans. I think that is the part you just do not get.

Edited by oafc0000

All my fears / concern are about the stadium. They can only be tackled by the promised public unavailing of the plans. I think that is the part you just do not get.

oh I get it. But why are you on here giving backing for a vigilante protest when your just awaiting the answers to this supposed public unveiling.

Paul, the only piss and wind going on is the ranting on messageboards. They ain't delivered, but a protest is the wrong course of action at the moment. I want to see people taking on the gauntlet that Corney threw down.

oh I get it. But why are you on here giving backing for a vigilante protest when your just awaiting the answers to this supposed public unveiling.

I would hope any protest is a peaceful one :blink: Please do not suggest such thing again please without a source to back it.

I feel Failsworth is really wrong... The plans might prove otherwise and I will change my opinion but in their absence and with all my other concerns (again which any sort of private meeting would not effect) I have simple had enough of the current direction of the club.

Our problems started long before then, we were already inexorably set on our present course at the end of last season.

Anyone who thinks fans opting to stop going is the cause of the clubs problems is way off the mark. Fans not going is a result of those problems.

Paul, the only piss and wind going on is the ranting on messageboards. They ain't delivered, but a protest is the wrong course of action at the moment. I want to see people taking on the gauntlet that Corney threw down.

It's about the state of the club Jamie, it's dying on its arse something needs to be done to bring the fanbase together, to get allow the stayaways to get involved and show the owners just how pissed off they are. It's not the football that's keeping many away (it is partly to blame) but it is the joke the club has become. Intimate meetings with the owners will do little to allay people's wider fears people want action - a decent budget to compete (nothing on the scale of the richer clubs in the league) a real sense of pride in their club that everything is being done in the best interests of the club. No amount of pandering to spread sheets and popping in for coffee with the owners can dispel the rumours doing the rounds. Two forums have been held and people are still suspicious of the owners motives. If a large collective's fears are not satisfied then a group of three or four people reporting back will do little to calm the growing band of dissenters.

It's just my opinion but I do not subscribe to the belief that the status quo and not rocking the boat is the only option we have.