Firstly, I don't want to start anything that will get out of control and end up with everyone calling for TTA's heads. Equally, I don't want a load of abuse as this is simply what I've heard mixed with my opinion. I would like everyone elses opinion though.

OK here goes...

First time I heard this I didn't think anything of it, but now 4 people who have no connection to eachother whatsoever have informed me that SC alone is the 36th richest business-man in the UK.

If this is the case, he must have a fair few bob. Combine this with the personal fortune's of Blitz and Gazal and we SURELY can't be as hard up as they make out...

Now for my "theory" for what it's worth...

Lets say the 3 of them pumped £750,000 each into the transfer kitty, we spent this on good quality players and they bit the bullet wage-wise for a season. We at least make the play-offs...if we go up playing attractive football, crouds may increase, we get more TV rights and whatever money we'd get for securing promotion and doing well in the cups etc...all this money goes into keeping us in the Championship and pushing on. The gate receipts would, in my opinion, easily pay for wages considering we'd be in the Championship and we'd have the usual band-wagon jumpers.

Then...the money being used to build a brand spanking new ground that the majority don't even want, use this to redevelop our HOME...we have the land to put all the corporate facilities around the ground to make us self sufficient as a club, the money from this goes to gradually pay back whatever we owe TTA.

I might not have put this accross well but what I'm trying to say is, if TTA are as rich as people are saying and I've suspected for a while, why the feck have we got one of the lowest budgets in League 1? Why are we not doing what the likes of Wigan, Doncaster, Burnley, Scunthorpe etc did and bite the bullet, take the gamble of investing and pushing on to higher leagues where we would generally make more money and get more fans in the ground?

Sorry if I've rambled on, but what are everyone's thoughts?

Firstly, I don't want to start anything that will get out of control and end up with everyone calling for TTA's heads. Equally, I don't want a load of abuse as this is simply what I've heard mixed with my opinion. I would like everyone elses opinion though.

OK here goes...

First time I heard this I didn't think anything of it, but now 4 people who have no connection to eachother whatsoever have informed me that SC alone is the 36th richest business-man in the UK.

I'll stop you there, because that is absolute bollocks.

OK here goes...

If this is the case, he must have a fair few bob. Combine this with the personal fortune's of Blitz and Gazal and we SURELY can't be as hard up as they make out...

Now for my "theory" for what it's worth...

Lets say the 3 of them pumped £750,000 each into the transfer kitty, we spent this on good quality players and they bit the bullet wage-wise for a season. We at least make the play-offs...if we go up playing attractive football, crouds may increase, we get more TV rights and whatever money we'd get for securing promotion and doing well in the cups etc...all this money goes into keeping us in the Championship and pushing on. The gate receipts would, in my opinion, easily pay for wages considering we'd be in the Championship and we'd have the usual band-wagon jumpers.

Then...the money being used to build a brand spanking new ground that the majority don't even want, use this to redevelop our HOME...we have the land to put all the corporate facilities around the ground to make us self sufficient as a club, the money from this goes to gradually pay back whatever we owe TTA.

I might not have put this accross well but what I'm trying to say is, if TTA are as rich as people are saying and I've suspected for a while, why the feck have we got one of the lowest budgets in League 1? Why are we not doing what the likes of Wigan, Doncaster, Burnley, Scunthorpe etc did and bite the bullet, take the gamble of investing and pushing on to higher leagues where we would generally make more money and get more fans in the ground?

Sorry if I've rambled on, but what are everyone's thoughts?

I think you mean Simon Cowell!!

Just to put it into some kind of context, according to the 2009 Sunday Times richlist, the 37th richest person in the UK is Lord Sainsbury (and famiily), with an estimated wealth of £1.1 BILLION.

:lol:

TTA must have double that then easy :wink:

On the Times Rich List

Now at Nubmer 39 is Howard de Walden.

He owns Harley Street and half of Marylebone, where I work, one floor flats cost £3m.

The only phone company person on the main list (except Branson) is John Caudwell, who they might mean, He sold Phones4U.

But has a string of othe businesses.

25= (44=) John Caudwell £1,400m £200m Mobile phones

27 (35=) Eddie and Malcolm Healey £1,350m £550m Property, Kitchens

28= (56=) Clive Calder £1,300m - Music

28= (47=) John Whittaker £1,300m £200m Property

28= (44=) Sir Adrian and Sir John Swire and family £1,300m £300m Transport, Property, Trade

31 (58) Bruno Schroder and family £1,275m - Finance

32= (31=) Laurence Graff £1,200m £800m Diamonds

32= (60=) Lord Grantchester and the Moores family £1,200m - Retailing, Football pools

32= (30) Mikhail Gutseriyev £1,200m £815m Oil, Finance

32= (27) Nadhmi Auchi £1,200m £950m Finance

32= (20) Sir Richard Branson £1,200m £1,500m Transport, Internet, Mobile phones

37= (65=) Lord Ashcroft £1,100m - Business services

37= (56=) Lord Sainsbury and family £1,100m £200m Supermarkets

39 (44=) Baroness Howard de Walden and family £1,070m £530m Property

40= (47=) Alki David and the Leventis family £1,000m £500m Industry

40= (60=) Peter Cruddas £1,000m £200m Finance

40= (40=) Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay £1,000m £700m Property, Media

40= (71=) Wafic Said £1,000m - Finance

44= (35=) Richard Desmond £950m £950m Media, Property

44= (34) Sir Anthony Bamford and family £950m £1,000m Construction equipment

44= (55) Viscount Portman and family £950m £365m Property

47 (71=) George Weston and family £900m £100m Retailing

48 (98=) Simon Keswick and family £870m £110m Finance

49 (89=) Roger and Peter De Haan £840m £10m Leisure

50 (71=) Gerald Hines £800m £200m Property

FourFourTwo magazine recently compiled a list of the 100 richest people in English football.

I'm afraid TTA aren't on that list either, although that might be because their assets are in the US and not that easy for your average football magazine hack to trace.

The 100th on that list (can't remember who it was) was worth about £25M. It wouldn't surprise me if the combined assets of TTA were more than that, but I would expect most of those assets are tied up in their company/ies.

The FourFourTwo list was interesting - it's surprising (or at least it was to me) just how many lower league clubs have someone worth tens of millions on their board able (and often willing) to under-write significant director loans.

"First time I heard this I didn't think anything of it, but now 4 people who have no connection to eachother whatsoever have informed me that SC alone is the 36th richest business-man in the UK."

amazing...not only are there 4 completely independent from each other,but they all stated "36th richest"!!!!

do one!

"First time I heard this I didn't think anything of it, but now 4 people who have no connection to eachother whatsoever have informed me that SC alone is the 36th richest business-man in the UK."

amazing...not only are there 4 completely independent from each other,but they all stated "36th richest"!!!!

do one!

I think it is easy to accept there are four lying idiots in the world :D

Edited by oafc0000