Just setting off to Stockport

to check the pitch and that everything is in order.

Anyone want a lift?

Any chance you could pop by Milnrow?

I'd like your expert opinion as to whether the soil is ok to plant some wild garlic.

Now if there is a reason to call this game off then it is tomorrow. The pitch and surrounding areas are in a much worse state than Saturday 16th. The area around the stadium is just sheets of ice with me falling over twice. The area outside the turnstile is also severly surrounded by icey areas. I got a decent view on the pitch, and without going on it, it looks hard and frosty. Unless there is a sudden heatwave and higher temps to remove the icey areas, then this game will/needs to be called off asap, otherwise it is not safe for the OAP.

Surely if they called it off last time, then tomorrow is a no brainer.

Oh wait i forgot, they've signed some players now, so they'll make every effort to get it to go ahead, just like we should have done on the Saturday as the pitch that day was playable. Flaming rubbish Oldham, get it called off tomorrow, as with our form we don't want the game, and the conditions aren't suitable.

Ah leave him alone you big bully! I'm a big fan of Blue Pizzas threads

I agree, for the entertainment value alone - however Blizza copped for some right old stick on the other forum. If somebody told me to :censored: off or called me a bell-end I'd be wringing peoples necks. It seems however that he has patience in spades, where I do not.

I suppose that's the price he has to pay for posting "on the edge" with reqularity, as with many other missing characters from our OWTB community - they are eventually driven out of town just because they post differently. It's a shame.

I agree, for the entertainment value alone - however Blizza copped for some right old stick on the other forum. If somebody told me to :censored: off or called me a bell-end I'd be wringing peoples necks. It seems however that he has patience in spades, where I do not.

I suppose that's the price he has to pay for posting "on the edge" with reqularity, as with many other missing characters from our OWTB community - they are eventually driven out of town just because they post differently. It's a shame.

I agree his point of view seems a little leftfield sometimes but he does atleast provide the entertainment. But I do think people take this message board abit to seriously sometimes and forget the reason why we log onto this site anyway which is we are all Latics fans.

I agree his point of view seems a little leftfield sometimes but he does atleast provide the entertainment. But I do think people take this message board abit to seriously sometimes and forget the reason why we log onto this site anyway which is we are all Latics fans.

I suspect that you are slightly missing the point here...

a. Some of the posts seems to be, rather that 'on the edge' or 'a little leftfield, rather intentionally controversial and provocative, and not in a good way.

b. It seems questionable sometimes whether all the posters on here who claim to be Latics fans, actually are. (And no, I'm not starting the Real Fans debate up again!)

c. As an ex-moderator, I would expect you Rummy, at least, to be sensitive to the fact that it seems blatantly obvious that there are various people roaming these halls using multiple identities (again schizos excepted). It could well be that rather than provocotive posters are driven away because of their 'differences', maybe we will see a dwindling of the genuine population who can't be bothered to wade through the torents of junk to be replaced by a few people using multiple profiles.

d. Ah, just can't be bothered. This place really wears you down, doesn't it.....

c. As an ex-moderator, I would expect you Rummy, at least, to be sensitive to the fact that it seems blatantly obvious that there are various people roaming these halls using multiple identities (again schizos excepted). It could well be that rather than provocotive posters are driven away because of their 'differences', maybe we will see a dwindling of the genuine population who can't be bothered to wade through the torents of junk to be replaced by a few people using multiple profiles.

In Blizza's case, not that I have to justify this to anybody, his account was above board at my time of departure. And I personally don't think he posts anything that I can't either avoid completely if I so wish, comment accordingly, read with a wry smile and tongue firmly planting in cheek, or any combination of the three. Like BeckfordsRightFoot - you know what to expect - either join in on some of the fun (and nobody can deny that he could bring in a few message board ideas from elsewhere for us to try on here) or pass it up.

At this point I'll attract the usual "You've changed your tune" cheapshots, well - :censored: you.

The point is that there ain't a forum on the internet that doesn't have it's fair share of characters - and this one is no different. In fact this is probably the best run and best populated forum I've frequented - I don't go on many, but it's stillt he truth. It's that forum diversity that attracts - stale and staid is what everything else is that's related to the club, please don't wish it on it's message board as well.

d. Ah, just can't be bothered. This place really wears you down, doesn't it.....

But I do think people take this message board abit to seriously sometimes

What he said BpMarko.