Enticing fans to Project Failsworth

Went to have a gander at the early drafts tonight, felt I was fairly impressed with the overall look of it, although doesn't answer many questions regarding the future. For a first draft, and if the stadium looked like the horseshoe (Horseshoe? Who's nicknamed it that already?) I think aesthetically it'll do us fine.

Anyway, It did get me thinking about enticing existing fans to Failsworth, those that have reservations about the area we're moving to. How about a substantial discount on any Latics fans who have to travel further to the new ground than they did do to BP. This could be easily done, using a simple system and the fan bringing a recent utility bill with home address on to the ground for their discount, with ST holders receiving an little discount on their ST's? I think this way would show the club are serious about retaining older fans and rewarding them for following the club to the new venue. I just hope the club don't simply rest on a "we'll the fans will just come of their own accord" attitude.

I appreciate small monetary rewards won't appease some people who are dead set against the move purely due to the location, but it would appease some and make them still feel valuable to the club.

Went to have a gander at the early drafts tonight, felt I was fairly impressed with the overall look of it, although doesn't answer many questions regarding the future. For a first draft, and if the stadium looked like the horseshoe (Horseshoe? Who's nicknamed it that already?) I think aesthetically it'll do us fine.

Anyway, It did get me thinking about enticing existing fans to Failsworth, those that have reservations about the area we're moving to. How about a substantial discount on any Latics fans who have to travel further to the new ground than they did do to BP. This could be easily done, using a simple system and the fan bringing a recent utility bill with home address on to the ground for their discount, with ST holders receiving an little discount on their ST's? I think this way would show the club are serious about retaining older fans and rewarding them for following the club to the new venue. I just hope the club don't simply rest on a "we'll the fans will just come of their own accord" attitude.

I appreciate small monetary rewards won't appease some people who are dead set against the move purely due to the location, but it would appease some and make them still feel valuable to the club.

What is stop me using joe bloggs utility bill down the road, and then passing it on to the next mate? Nice idea but don't see how it could be policed succesfully!

What is stop me using joe bloggs utility bill down the road, and then passing it on to the next mate? Nice idea but don't see how it could be policed succesfully!

Probably not on utility bill alone but accompanied with a passport or driving licence? I just think it'd be good to reward fans for sticking with them. Ain't the answer to all our woes, but it'd be a start.

Probably not on utility bill alone but accompanied with a passport or driving licence? I just think it'd be good to reward fans for sticking with them. Ain't the answer to all our woes, but it'd be a start.

I think it's an interesting and good idea. Maybe needs refining a bit (that's not a put down) but it's good that we start looking at the possibilities sooner rather than later.

There are quite a few people who will have to travel further but to give a discount is a bit silly. I will have to travel further as will the bloke who lives on Sheepfoot lane but the 5/10 minutes further I have to travel is only about 5-10% of my travelling time whereas the 5-10 minutes he has to travel means his travelling time is increased by 500-1000%, its the same 5 minutes and costs the same extra but it makes no real difference to me but might make all the difference to him. So who should get a discount?

Discount- not for me. Value for money- play better football (than what we have been doing), in a new ground with decent facilities and 99% of people who are going now will still go and anyone who doesn't can NEVER claim to be a super-fan, its not like we are playing our games 60+ miles away.

I think it's an interesting and good idea. Maybe needs refining a bit (that's not a put down) but it's good that we start looking at the possibilities sooner rather than later.

A nice idea in theory, but then you don't get any more from the many people whose journey will be easier. Just money down the drain to be frank, if people have reservations that stop them coming to a new ground with decent facilities then the bus fare home won't change their minds. TBH we'll lose fans whatever we do (including staying put), just have to make the best of it and try to go forward.

A nice idea in theory, but then you don't get any more from the many people whose journey will be easier. Just money down the drain to be frank, if people have reservations that stop them coming to a new ground with decent facilities then the bus fare home won't change their minds. TBH we'll lose fans whatever we do (including staying put), just have to make the best of it and try to go forward.

When there is so much criticism for lack of marketing, innovative ideas .... well done FMS for at least floating an idea.

i know at stockport last year, i went down without tickets to try and get a home ticket. when we tried to pay with card, they asked for a postcode and as it was oldham, we couldnt get in. we ended up going in the other stand and paying cash and watching the game.

for an example, what if stockport played city, how would they manage that? i think something could work but it is hard to police as latcismad says

When there is so much criticism for lack of marketing, innovative ideas .... well done FMS for at least floating an idea.

I quite agree, I've floated a few myself only for fans to show that my well intentions wouldn't work out. Doesn't stop me trying again though :)

Now, where did I leave those lesbian traffic warden uniforms...