Say NO to Failsworth?

Nonsense. I dares you to do a straw poll on a Saturday night and ask the locals in Newton Heath, Gorton and the Manchester side of Failsworth if they consider themselves Oldhamers.

Why would people in Newton Heath and Gorton consider themselves as Oldhamers, cos they're places obviously in Manchester. You might as well ask the folk in Birkenhead if they're Oldhamers.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moan Moan Moan! I know people have the right to air their opinion but god we are a dour moaning bunch of %%^%%!!!!

Lets face it who drinks in pubs around Oldham, its full of United and City fans, moving down the road wont make a jot of difference! We are too far down the line its gonna happen, it will happen if you dont approve don't come............................ simple!

The off field money the club can make will be invaluble, also if we are shrewed enough (through mini soccer leagues etc) we will bring in additional fans.

Crowds of under 4k we get at the moment, 4k! and I would suggest even if Mourinio himself took the helm we would get no more that 6k. We need to inject new life into this club. Bet we get less than 5k average next season cos all the "i'm staying away cos of Penney brigade" will now say "Dickovs (insert name if not him!) not the man" and not bother anyway.

We have to get into the modern times and if the club/TTA make money, the club will benefit, it has to benefit.

Not keen on the move down Broadway myself (I live 2 mins walk from BP) but I would rather have the club I love survive for the sake of a ten minute drive every other saturday.

Moan Moan Moan! I know people have the right to air their opinion but god we are a dour moaning bunch of %%^%%!!!!

Lets face it who drinks in pubs around Oldham, its full of United and City fans, moving down the road wont make a jot of difference! We are too far down the line its gonna happen, it will happen if you dont approve don't come............................ simple!

The off field money the club can make will be invaluble, also if we are shrewed enough (through mini soccer leagues etc) we will bring in additional fans.

Crowds of under 4k we get at the moment, 4k! and I would suggest even if Mourinio himself took the helm we would get no more that 6k. We need to inject new life into this club. Bet we get less than 5k average next season cos all the "i'm staying away cos of Penney brigade" will now say "Dickovs (insert name if not him!) not the man" and not bother anyway.

We have to get into the modern times and if the club/TTA make money, the club will benefit, it has to benefit.

Not keen on the move down Broadway myself (I live 2 mins walk from BP) but I would rather have the club I love survive for the sake of a ten minute drive every other saturday.

Mostly agree

is the thing at the Lancaster Club today??

nothing on the official site.

Bingo on a Wednesday afternoon. Think the kids train (football not bingo) on a Wednesday evening so might be worth a trip down for some on here. :peepwall:

Edited by ritchie82