maybe latics should try it?

The West African nation of Benin has sacked every member of its international football team.

team sacked !

chester players refused to board the team bus and their away game was postponed. now the wrexham game is off as the police will not

man the game for fear of non payment.

looks like they will now be expelled from the league.

chester players refused to board the team bus and their away game was postponed. now the wrexham game is off as the police will not

man the game for fear of non payment.

looks like they will now be expelled from the league.

sad times when small clubs carn't afford to pay the players , its time the big boys give them some help , but even manure are in big debt too !and as of portsmouth only 7days to find a buyer or its goodbye pompy

No, it's time clubs got their financial affairs in order and started living within their means. Proper governance, not handouts, is the only sustainable way to keep clubs afloat.

Damn, could that have been a more po-faced response?

Po-faced it may have been. But also absolutely correct. Pompey going under is the best thing that could happen at the moment I'm afraid. It might just make people sit up and take notice.

Po-faced it may have been. But also absolutely correct. Pompey going under is the best thing that could happen at the moment I'm afraid. It might just make people sit up and take notice.

Sadly Dan, I don't even think that would have any effect. Sky run football, not the FA, or the Premier League itself. And whilst people will still pay them millions to sit at home and watch the glamour clubs and foreign owners come in and place a game on one-upmanship, nothing will change (not for the greater good at least).

I'd go so far as to say that within 10 years we'll have a European super league of some sort, or the Premiership will be a closed league like the NFL where nobody goes down or comes up.

Either that or the closure of at least Div 4 as a professional league, and quite probably Div 3. Both will be semi-pro at best.

Arguably they should be. As much as Sky has damaged the game, clubs have to run within their means, and if that means wage/turnover caps and more going semi-pro, that's fine with me. It's too late to break up monopolistic TV deals now - there'll be other companies paying out, or if not then clubs will set up their own deals or their own channels and the income disparity will continue. The turkeys (clubs and the associations representing them) won't vote for Christmas and return to free-to-air football, sadly, because they know without the money they'll collapse now.