The rarely wrong Birmingham Mail

By the way, thanks for a more constructive reply than O4U's "Err, ok...." which is hardly the opinion of an intelligent poster.

Have you read it in the context of the statement that you made?

Perhaps the new ground will be the only one in the UK with a tram that goes straight past without stopping.

Come on then, name the ones that have trams that do stop.

As Man Utd's ground is a good half mile away that doesn't count for starters.

Edited by opinions4u

Back to ground level at Failsworth, although the area might have some other fame to claim for Latics, closest ground to another Borough perhaps ? :wink:

At the risk of repeating myself, The Hawthorns is closest, as the Birmingham boundary passes through part of the Hawthorns site.

Locally Citeh play closer to the Tameside boundary than the Failsworth site is to the Manc boundary.

At the risk of repeating myself, The Hawthorns is closest, as the Birmingham boundary passes through part of the Hawthorns site.

Locally Citeh play closer to the Tameside boundary than the Failsworth site is to the Manc boundary.

Just by way of repeating a very valid point without causing Diego to be accussed of repeating himself

Incidentally, I wouldn't trust the Birmingham Post, as I hear that their journalists spent half their time sneaking off to snort Marmite off mirrors in their offices*

Hope that isn't libelous*

Have you read it in the context of the statement that you made?

Come on then, name the ones that have trams that do stop.

As Man Utd's ground is a good half mile away that doesn't count for starters.

Hillsborough has a dedicated stop, as does the Hawthorns, and Newcastle's St James' Park has a dedicated Metro stop.

I wouldn't know if there were any grounds that have a rail line that goes straight past without a stop, which is why the point I was trying to make was 'Are there any others apart from the proposed Failsworth site?'

Sorry if it was misconstrued, but your posts are usually a lot more interesting than 'Err, ok...' (I'm with Rummy on this - there's nothing worse than a post that begins with Er/Umm/Eh).

Hillsborough has a dedicated stop, as does the Hawthorns, and Newcastle's St James' Park has a dedicated Metro stop.

I wouldn't know if there were any grounds that have a rail line that goes straight past without a stop, which is why the point I was trying to make was 'Are there any others apart from the proposed Failsworth site?'

Sorry if it was misconstrued, but your posts are usually a lot more interesting than 'Err, ok...' (I'm with Rummy on this - there's nothing worse than a post that begins with Er/Umm/Eh).

Sorry for peeing you off.

:icon_peace:

Edited by opinions4u

regarding Hillsborough it was always gonna have a stop due to Hillsborough being a mini town in Sheffield with shops, bars etc

there isnt the same appeal in Failsworth for a stop to be installed apart from obviously the stadium

Grimsby, yes (Think their ground falls under Cleethorpes). The others are just abbreviations of their original name (Woolwich Arsenal and Burslem And Port Vale).

Since 1974 Grimsby's ground has been in Grimsby as a result of local government reorganisation..

Edited by LaticsPete

Or, only team to play in a diferent town to their name .... ?

Millwall, Charlton, West Ham....all play in boroughs with different names. Mind you so do Huddersfield, Accrington, Everton, West Brom, Yeovil, Gillingham and many others. . Nottm Forest ground in Rushcliffe Borough I think.

Edited by LaticsPete

That's got me wondering which two grounds in England are closest to each other?

Would it be Liverpool and Everton?

Latics and city wouldn't be far off being closest.

Perhaps the new ground will be the only one in the UK with a tram that goes straight past without stopping.

The train to Hull goes past the stadium and stops half an hours walk away.