Keep Price for the Seaason for £10 each?

Despite seeing a little bit of potential in him, I said as much at the game today actually....there's no way he'd be my first choice and you get the feeling that after missing out on Brandy and Heffernan, Penney just ended up in a situation where he HAD to get someone in, very :censored:ing quickly

heffernon isn't a patch on price and more to the point any dog and his man can see a potential strike pairing here...jesus i'll put tenner in for youbut that'smy limit ..thirty squid..and that's it

Pay it to the Trust? You must be having a laugh. I was told that there would be a new website with the Trust's details and information on it about two weeks ago, and still there's nothing. I'm not sure they even know who is a member and who isn't! So that would be the LAST place I'd send a tenner. Nice that when the club has finally updated the advertising hoardings around BP, the out-of-date Trust ones are still there. Anyway...

I think I'd happily pay another £10 if it kept Price here for the rest of the season.

Couldn't agree with this more. Some of the trust hierarchy seem OK but I wouldn't trust the sainted leader to run a piss-up in a brewery with a bunch of alcoholics. If the trust want any money off me an open election of the leader would be a nice start as opposed to the masonic back-slapping affair they had about a year ago.

Whats your suggestion then? Tell us how to raise the money to improve the squad.

find a lottery winner,ask them to donate a couple of million for transfers for a place on the board.....

set up a fans group independant of the trust with its own bank account,and board and come up with fund raising ideas

im not a season ticket holder anymore but i would stick a tenner in to it,anybody who knows anything about football could see how much of a difference he made yesterday,the walsall defence couldnt handle him,he was holding it up,flick ons bringing others into the game and not doing anything rushed,not panicking which is what we normally do...unselfish player willing to put his foot in and give a bit of effort.

i hope the board can see it as well and make it happen he stays until end of season.

Pay £10 to stand a better chance of staying in the league - think we would all pay it! I travelled up yesterday and thought he was pretty solid, held up ball, got stuck in and if he lost the ball he would do his best to get it back again. Count me in. Also, I should really eat my words, cos I slated him as a signing, but after watching him yesterday he brought something to the team.

Its a decent idea in theory, and if enough people were on board it could actually generate a sizeable fund. However, not wanting to urinate on your parade I would be sceptical for the following reasons:

1. Latics used to run a lottery called "Starline" that was supposed to fund the weekly prize and the other half going towards buying a player. After the initial pomp n circumstance launching the fund nobody ever heard of a player being signed through it. No doubt this money eventually went to service some other debt. It would need to be fully accountable and as the majority of deals at the club are "not disclosed" I'd be very wary of this money actually being used for the purpose it was intended.

2. The ill-fated 'scoreboard' fund that the club were constantly asking fans for money to raise funds to buy a new/secondhand/reconditioned scoreboard, and I know of a number of fund raisers to generate money. Where the hell is THAT money? Because it should still be sat in some account in theory, and seeing as we don't appear to be getting a scoreboard anytime this decade, maybe we could find this cash and pay Prices' wages for the remainder of the season?

Like I said at the start, its a decent idea and maybe something the Trust/Club could look into for fans to possibly invest into a transfer fund on a regular basis. A bit similar to the Wildlife/Pet/Disaster appeals where they ask for a regular donation of a couple of quid a month. Assume we have 3000 ST holders, and half of them signed up and contributed say £1 a week (£4 a month) it would generate £6,000 a month. This money could be invested in a high interest account and each month it grows by £6k and produces £72k per year before any interest (less say £5k per year for admin costs in running the fund and managing everything). It might take a couple of years to develop a decent sized fund but managed correctly the fans' would see their money being used to buy players. By way of recognition from the club Fund members could be given a separate discount on their tickets and other incentives (EG 10% off at the Club Shop all year round).

Edited by Latics4Ever

We could set up a ‘Price Is Right Fund’. Hold on, I’m getting that déjà vu feeling again!

Back in 1848 Latics attempted to sign the Middlesbrough and England international Wilf Mannion, who was in dispute with his club. Mannion was one of British football’s all-time greats. Shareholders and supporters were asked to help raise part of the £25,000 asking price, and the ‘Mannion Fund’ was formed. Latics fans raised £1,500

4355344775_a401713ca8.jpg

Courtesy of Stewart W. Beckett’s book ‘Pine Villa & Oldham Athletic - A 100 Year Journey’.

Mannion was keen to join Latics and one of the Club’s directors fixed him up with a job in the area, to help until his dispute was settled and a deal between the clubs struck. That never happened and the transaction collapsed, leaving the question over returning the £1,500 to so many unknown donors. Consequently the cash was banked until the early 1950s, when it was handed over to a charity.

OK, I'll bite. :grin:

Pay it to the Trust? You must be having a laugh. I was told that there would be a new website with the Trust's details and information on it about two weeks ago, and still there's nothing. I'm not sure they even know who is a member and who isn't! So that would be the LAST place I'd send a tenner. Nice that when the club has finally updated the advertising hoardings around BP, the out-of-date Trust ones are still there. Anyway...

I think I'd happily pay another £10 if it kept Price here for the rest of the season. But I kind of think I've paid for it already...

BTW Rich, I'm posting this on my own behalf, not my brother's or anyone else's (I don't think it's libellous anyway). And yes, I'm now pissed off with OUR Trust.

Regards,

Andy James

I'm not a ST holder, but would support something like this if it made the difference. As ever with these things my tight-arsed side wants to know that it would be genuine extra money and not saving the club from spending cash that they would have done anyway but in principle, yes.

Er, maybe I missed something, but why do we need a whip-round?

Has someone suggested we can't afford to keep Price beyond one month? If we're winning I can't see TTA refusing to pay to extend the loan.

(And if his club want him back there's not much we can do anyway.)

I wouldn't donate.

It's the club's job to sign players, not mine.

If the club wants Price...if the TTA want Price then they can stump up the cash themselves, they're a lot better off financially than I and most of us are.

Agree, It's cost me nigh on £400 for my season tickets that's commitment enough in my eyes along with the extras I pay for over as season, and for most of the season that's been daylight bloody robbery.