One of Sheridan's Barmy Army here guys (in peace).

The stadium looks good but the club shop looks small.

http://www.b2netstadium.co.uk/ Click on videos.

The shop is only an artists impression.

The thing about our build is that it was only September last year that they started the build, so once everything is in place the stadium appears from no where so to speak.

It has been 10 yrs in the coming though and without the arrival of our new owner (Dave Allen, ex Sheffield Wednesday) and his 6 million investment it would still be a brown field site.

The ground is handed over in July this year and for a 63 yr old git like myself I feel immense pride in whats been achieved but at the same time mourn the loss of Saltergate where all my memories lie.

On the webcam site if you click 'others' you will get some fantastic ariels of the build programme and the speed at which things have moved.

THANKS FOR THE NICE WELCOME GUYS, ' I'LL BE BACK ' BOYS AND KEEP AN EYE ON YOU AND HOPEFULLY YOU'LL BE VISITING US NEXT SEASON IN DIV 1. BEST REGARDS DAVE.

I'm tired of reading cliched criticsims and total imbalance in weighing up the relevance of his undoubted pros and cons as a manager. Particularly when we're 'enjoying' what we have here today.

Football fans only know cliched criticisms. There is a list of them, and I think most people just have a tick list for each manager and use them....once they have used 10 or 15 its time for a change. It's always the same old rubbish too, "no plan B / players are lazy / players are lacking heart and commitment / he has lost the dressing room / he has his favorites / he can't motivate the players / he must be crap at half time team talks 'cos we are always rubbish after the break / he changes it too much / he doesn't change it enough" etc etc...

I hadn't realised that Dave Allen was there now. Isn't he a first rate :censored: ?

You don't expect me to condemn the man after what he has brought to the table. You seem to have formed your own opinion so maybe you should answer your own question.

One thing for sure, he is a first rate businessman. Personally I know little about the guy business or otherwise.

You don't expect me to condemn the man after what he has brought to the table. You seem to have formed your own opinion so maybe you should answer your own question.

One thing for sure, he is a first rate businessman. Personally I know little about the guy business or otherwise.

My views may be flavoured by my Rotherham supporting mate, who has been known to froth at the mouth and suffer apoplexy at the mention of anything Sheffield Wednesday related. IIRC it was Allen who promised them European football in 5 years, shortly before we finished above them in the 3rd division, and he didn’t cover himself in glory with legal action against the Wendy’s own fans. Far enough he doesn’t seem to be doing Chesterfield much harm so far.

My views may be flavoured by my Rotherham supporting mate, who has been known to froth at the mouth and suffer apoplexy at the mention of anything Sheffield Wednesday related. IIRC it was Allen who promised them European football in 5 years, shortly before we finished above them in the 3rd division, and he didn’t cover himself in glory with legal action against the Wendy’s own fans. Far enough he doesn’t seem to be doing Chesterfield much harm so far.

ROTHERHAM MATE!!!!!! 'THERE'S ONLY ONE (lONG BALL) RONNIE MOORE' TELL HIM YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO DAVE THE SPIREITE, BET HE KNOWS ME.

We've learnt ourselves that it can be risky to believe everything a new owner promises, even if he is genuine. Judge him when everything he's brought to the table actually comes to fruition.

We've learnt ourselves that it can be risky to believe everything a new owner promises, even if he is genuine. Judge him when everything he's brought to the table actually comes to fruition.

At the back of all of this is his accrimonious exit from Sheff Wed where to be honest he kept throwing his own money at bringing in new players and giving the Trust there 10 percent free shares.

He has in veiled terms stated in interviews that Wednesday could have had what we now have (Stadium) but the vitriol drove him out. He happens to be big mates with our current chairman and was attracted to the club because of no debt.

I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't been true to his word to date.

Did you know he is one of the top Pigeon fanciers in the country - spends thousands on the birds.