one very angry fan !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because Saddleworth is in Oldham, which is in Lancashire.

Failsworth has always been in Lancashire, whereas Saddleworth has never been. Failsworth, like Saddleworth has never been part of Manchester.

Are you really this stupid or are you just trolling now?

Edited by real

Failsworth's in Oldham, which is in Lancashire - but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

Like i said, i couldn't care less where Failsworth officially is. The fact is that a lot of people don't see Failsworth as part of Oldham. I'm one of them. There isn't really anything else to say.

Like i said, i couldn't care less where Failsworth officially is. The fact is that a lot of people don't see Failsworth as part of Oldham. I'm one of them. There isn't really anything else to say.

Okaaay. Now, the ting is, a lot of people don't see Saddleworth as part of Oldham, a lot of people don't see Shaw as part of Oldham (especially gawbies), a lot of people don't see Royton or Chadderton as part of Oldham - Chadd voted against joining Oldham many times until the 1974 changes forced it. However most of them see themselves as part of OMBC, as do most Failsworth people. Cos it's just a plain fact.

Once you've taken out the bits that "some" people don't see as part of oldham, you're left with OL1, OL8 and OL4 as the options for a new ground. If you want anything outside those 3 postcodes, you have to accept a compromise. It might not be the one your are happy with, but a different one would leave a different group unhappy.

All you're left with is wieghing up the pros and cons of a move. If you can't overcome it, then tough.

Okaaay. Now, the ting is, a lot of people don't see Saddleworth as part of Oldham, a lot of people don't see Shaw as part of Oldham (especially gawbies), a lot of people don't see Royton or Chadderton as part of Oldham - Chadd voted against joining Oldham many times until the 1974 changes forced it. However most of them see themselves as part of OMBC, as do most Failsworth people. Cos it's just a plain fact.

Once you've taken out the bits that "some" people don't see as part of oldham, you're left with OL1, OL8 and OL4 as the options for a new ground. If you want anything outside those 3 postcodes, you have to accept a compromise. It might not be the one your are happy with, but a different one would leave a different group unhappy.

All you're left with is wieghing up the pros and cons of a move. If you can't overcome it, then tough.

Ohhh whatever, i can't be arsed arguing anymore :grin:

I'm never going to be in favour of the move to Failsworth no matter what anyone says or however many "facts" i'm told. Its a bad move for the club.

Edited by Ernie For England

Ohhh whatever, i can't be arsed arguing anymore :grin:

I'm never going to be in favour of the move to Failsworth no matter what anyone says or however many "facts" i'm told. Its a bad move for the club.

You stick to yer guns, son. Many on here and 'on the street' agree with you - that site in Failsworth is a :censored:e location for OAFC. The worst location in the whole of the Borough.

Could be courts and high courts and European courts to go through.

Then someone will discover a :censored:e crested newt or something and they'll say the site's protected!

isnt there a date in March though . . ive lost track

Rotherham suffered the same fate with an endangered Beetle :grin:

You stick to yer guns, son. Many on here and 'on the street' agree with you - that site in Failsworth is a :censored:e location for OAFC. The worst location in the whole of the Borough.

Well at least i know there's someone out there who agrees :grin:

Seriously though, i've spoken to a lot of latics fans who think failsworth is wrong for oldham athletic, and i think if it does actually happen (which, lets be honest, it probably won't anyway), it will be clear what the majority think when we're getting crowds of around 3000.

The main difference between Failsworth & Saddleworth is the accent/culture. Failsworth is full of Mancs, your home grown Saddleworthonian talks like most from Oldham ( Buzz for Bus, Lurry for Lorry etc) and doesn't say Hiyoh (for Hiya) or keckle etc.

I'm fully with Ernie - the love of a football team is an emotion and Failsworth offers no love. You can argue technical points till the cows come home about what belongs to where but Failsworth feels part of Manchester.

Its like the small pain you feel after a defeat - its a feeling. Not one that your average Man U or Liverpool fan who lives in Dublin or Surrey would understand. It's the thin end of the wedge.

The main difference between Failsworth & Saddleworth is the accent/culture. Failsworth is full of Mancs, your home grown Saddleworthonian talks like most from Oldham ( Buzz for Bus, Lurry for Lorry etc) and doesn't say Hiyoh (for Hiya) or keckle etc.

I'm fully with Ernie - the love of a football team is an emotion and Failsworth offers no love. You can argue technical points till the cows come home about what belongs to where but Failsworth feels part of Manchester.

Its like the small pain you feel after a defeat - its a feeling. Not one that your average Man U or Liverpool fan who lives in Dublin or Surrey would understand. It's the thin end of the wedge.

I'm getting really sick of this. I'm born and bread Failsworth. Grew up on Victoria Street which is parallel to Oldham Road at the bottom of Broadway.

I'm from OLDHAM! I think of myself as from OLDHAM! I say "lurry" not "lorry"!

Now I don't have the same irrational fear of Failsworth, or Manchester, that most of my fellow Oldhamers seems to have - admittedly - but I think that's because I'm more enlightened and less petty.

Grow up, the lot of you.

I'm getting really sick of this. I'm born and bread Failsworth. Grew up on Victoria Street which is parallel to Oldham Road at the bottom of Broadway.

I'm from OLDHAM! I think of myself as from OLDHAM! I say "lurry" not "lorry"!

Now I don't have the same irrational fear of Failsworth, or Manchester, that most of my fellow Oldhamers seems to have - admittedly - but I think that's because I'm more enlightened and less petty.

Grow up, the lot of you.

Ackey - you're a rarity, firstly a Tic who lives in Failsworth, and one who considers himself an Oldhamer. I don't have a fear and at 48 I don't feel the need to grow up after supporting my team for over 35 years.

Finally why are you and some of your pro Failsworth mates so aggresive? This move to Failsworth is akin to bullying and I ain't being bullied by anyone, especially Mancs!

Ackey - you're a rarity, firstly a Tic who lives in Failsworth, and one who considers himself an Oldhamer. I don't have a fear and at 48 I don't feel the need to grow up after supporting my team for over 35 years.

Finally why are you and some of your pro Failsworth mates so aggresive? This move to Failsworth is akin to bullying and I ain't being bullied by anyone, especially Mancs!

I don't consider myself 'Pro Failsworth' - I don't live there anymore and so I have no 'advantage' from it being there or anything like that.

I simply see the facts as they are - that at a rotten BP we're going to shrivel and die and if Failsworth offers a path out of that then we should take it.

I worked at BP for the last six months and whilst I love it with all my heart and have some phenomenal memories there I see the need to move away. The place is rotting and no amount of effort or maintenance will solve that.

I don't consider myself 'Pro Failsworth' - I don't live there anymore and so I have no 'advantage' from it being there or anything like that.

I simply see the facts as they are - that at a rotten BP we're going to shrivel and die and if Failsworth offers a path out of that then we should take it.

I worked at BP for the last six months and whilst I love it with all my heart and have some phenomenal memories there I see the need to move away. The place is rotting and no amount of effort or maintenance will solve that.

Yeah, agree with most of that but it doesn't stop me, or many others being totally against going to Failsworth. We've all got great memories - I don't count mine being more important than yours and vice versa. And we all know you did 6 months working there.................speaking of which I think you meant born and bred?