O'grady scores again

Named Man of the Match too.

His hold up play and general movement was better than anything i've seen from us all season. Won everything in the air and never wasted a ball - constantly turned his man inside out and Rotherham just didnt know how to defend against him. Set up the first as well.

Named Man of the Match too.

His hold up play and general movement was better than anything i've seen from us all season. Won everything in the air and never wasted a ball - constantly turned his man inside out and Rotherham just didnt know how to defend against him. Set up the first as well.

Yeah, a mate of mine went to the match and said COG was unplayable. Apparently if it wasn't for their keeper having a good game he could have easily had hatrick.

So people are saying he would only get half that in this league,

that will still make him our top scorer :ranting:

Assuming ‘Dale do indeed get promoted to L1 next season; I’d back COG to be in and around 12-15 goals mark; if these variables continue as they currently are:

Hill to remain manager

Hill sending the side out with the same (or as similar as possible) tactics

Player retention is held; and COG is upfront with Dagnall with the same wide men & central midfielders

His confidence is up, he’s playing in a side bang in form, he has a manager who clearly believes in him and for fans that value and appreciate his efforts – when this is all taken into a new season; I see him making more than fist of this league. I’ve seen nothing in the defences we’ve faced this season that would say to me that neither COG nor Dagnall wouldn’t be able to reach double figures at least on current form.

It was a mistake in letting him go without giving him a proper run of games for us IMO – but he has gone now; he’s at ‘Dale and doing well – good luck to the lad but it’s the goal scoring; or more to the point; the lack of goal scoring of our players that is of concern to me; rather than an ex-player reaching 19 for the season.

Assuming ‘Dale do indeed get promoted to L1 next season; I’d back COG to be in and around 12-15 goals mark; if these variables continue as they currently are:

Hill to remain manager

Hill sending the side out with the same (or as similar as possible) tactics

Player retention is held; and COG is upfront with Dagnall with the same wide men & central midfielders

His confidence is up, he’s playing in a side bang in form, he has a manager who clearly believes in him and for fans that value and appreciate his efforts – when this is all taken into a new season; I see him making more than fist of this league. I’ve seen nothing in the defences we’ve faced this season that would say to me that neither COG nor Dagnall wouldn’t be able to reach double figures at least on current form.

It was a mistake in letting him go without giving him a proper run of games for us IMO – but he has gone now; he’s at ‘Dale and doing well – good luck to the lad but it’s the goal scoring; or more to the point; the lack of goal scoring of our players that is of concern to me; rather than an ex-player reaching 19 for the season.

I could understand people writing him off if he played say 20+ games for us on the trot and didnt impress, he never got the chance to and moved on and bagging for fun,

I think of the loan :censored:e we had when we had COG on our books and it baffles why he was never given at least 5 games instead of Kabba et al

One season doesn't make a player. What we can say is that he's doing great for Dale at the moment as are Dale in general. I can also say without fear of contridiction that whilst at Latics, first team the stiff's or loaned out clubs he never looked like a goal machine. Hold up play..ok, but nothing more. Lets pat the lad on the back for his work this season to date and watch from afar and see how he does over the next 3 seasons or so. I am sure he is getting attension from scouts currently.