latics has meeting with council

Now the NIMBYs are on the rugbys case, what is it with Oldham?

It's a wonder we don't all still live in caves!

its a pity the home office dont have plans to build a new prison in oldham.

now that would give them something to moan about. :grin:

its a pity the home office dont have plans to build a new prison in oldham.

now that would give them something to moan about. :grin:

Maybe we should build a high walled town for all the nimbys to reside in their own little ideal world then the rest of us can get on with living in the 21st century!

Maybe we should build a high walled town for all the nimbys to reside in their own little ideal world then the rest of us can get on with living in the 21st century!

couldn't agree more!!!!!! I just worry that there will be no plans released until atleast april now and work behind the chaddy end is due to begin before then.

Howard Sykes, Council Leader, said: "This was a very frank and productive meeting."

Most meetings Howard attends are... :lol:

Isn't the definition of a, "frank," meeting that at least one person has used the c-word in it?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a few moments ago. :wink:

Do you know what? Councils ride roughshod over plenty of people all the time with various planning applications when it suits them. It's about time they did it again for the good for the town as a whole. F*ck the nimbys, F*ck FRAG or whatever lame-ass acronym they've come up with this time - It's time Oldham started to catch up with the rest of the developing western world.

Jesus, I don't even live in Oldham - never have - and it still makes be bloody angry.....

I drove through Failsworth last night on the way to somewhere, I went through the area that will be affected most by the new stadium and jesus wept, it isn't as if it is an area of outstanding natural beauty. That whole area is a way to get to and from Manchester or the M60 by motorised vehicle and I can't see what else. Dilapidated buildings, potholed roads (I know everywhere is like that at the mo but I nearly lost my front wheels down a couple), much like the rest of the area there was an air of despondency about the place rather than a thriving community where you can leave your door open and everyone knows their neighbours..etc..etc..

Actually that whole run from Great Ancoats St to the M60 is one of the most miserable corridors I have ever been on. Fortunately I didn't go beyond the M60 junction but from memory it just carries on the same way before prolapsing into Oldham Town Centre.

Actually that whole run from Great Ancoats St to the M60 is one of the most miserable corridors I have ever been on. Fortunately I didn't go beyond the M60 junction but from memory it just carries on the same way before prolapsing into Oldham Town Centre.

A fantastic turn of phrase. May I borrow it under licence?