Exeter Post Game Thread

Just One shot in 90 minutes, surely that can't be right?........absolutely diabolical!!!!!!!

Our games in hand are irrelevant if we don't shoot!

And that was from a centre half. That's why it was so laughable when Penney said 'once we win our games in hand we'll be mid-table'. 1-no we won't,there's a gap opening up at the bottom of the table 2-that's one hell of an optimistic assumption, Dave.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...more bollocks being spouted on here...I'm sure when the penalty went in, it was "game over", "no plan b" etc. etc. blah....blah!!!

Penney plays 3 strikers...but supposedly he went to shut up shop and not take the game to them! Erm....yeah, ok lads! He tried something different and it didn't work hence he took Price off. Penney did make a mistake (Joe Royle did once...) today by playing 3 strikers...it unbalanced us and we sounded poor in 1st half for it. Better in the 2nd half but nothing magic. A draw sounded the right result.

5 games out of 6 at home now!!! Get behind ya f***ing team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Haha...more bollocks being spouted on here...I'm sure when the penalty went in, it was "game over", "no plan b" etc. etc. blah....blah!!!

Penney plays 3 strikers...but supposedly he went to shut up shop and not take the game to them! Erm....yeah, ok lads! He tried something different and it didn't work hence he took Price off. Penney's did make a mistake today by playing 3 strikers...it unbalanced us and we sounded poor in 1st half for it. Better in the 2nd half but nothing magic. A draw sounded the right result.

5 games out of 6 at home now!!! Get behind ya f***ing team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if some of those who are armchair generals really got behind "their" club and turned up at matches?

Edited by LaticsPete

Penney plays 3 strikers...but supposedly he went to shut up shop and not take the game to them! Erm....yeah, ok lads! He tried something different and it didn't work hence he took Price off. Penney did make a mistake (Joe Royle did once...) today by playing 3 strikers...it unbalanced us and we sounded poor in 1st half for it. Better in the 2nd half but nothing magic. A draw sounded the right result.

But we did not take the game to exeter. That game was there to be won and there is no excuse for not going all out to win it, which we did not do. It is this that bothers me more than the result.

Wouldn't it be nice if some of those who are armchair generals really got behind "their" club and turned up at matches?

Cop out reply! Pot...Kettle...

I don't need to put my attendance credentials on here! Missed Exeter today for a few reasons but we can share dick sizes on PM if you want to know my games over this season or any other! I had a choice (moneywise) between Colchester away or Exeter away...I chose Colchester!

Support ya f***ing team!

Huzzah! Voice of reason....

But we did not take the game to exeter. That game was there to be won and there is no excuse for not going all out to win it, which we did not do. It is this that bothers me more than the result.

We tried playing 3 strikers to take it to them. It didn't work. Was a mistake in hindsight. Managers make them...we've 5 home games and a game vs basement side Stockport. I'll take that!

It isn't so much the draw although that is a bad outcome, it is the things we have to build on and be positive about for the next supposidly 6 winnable games.

ONE - YES - ONE SHOT ON GOAL FOR THE ENTIRE GAME from a PROFESSIONAL TEAM is an absolute DISGRACE!

Southend lost 3-0 and managed 3 on 4 off.

We will not win another game this month with this goon in charge, i am betting you that now.

PENNEY OUT!

We tried playing 3 strikers to take it to them. It didn't work. Was a mistake in hindsight. Managers make them...we've 5 home games and a game vs basement side Stockport. I'll take that!

i thought price played on the right? i cant see his loan being extended and we will probably return to 442 on tuesday

i thought price played on the right? i cant see his loan being extended and we will probably return to 442 on tuesday

He did...altho my mate who was there said he couldn't tell if it was more 4-3-3 than 4-4-2. Essentially, he shouldn't have been playing there. A RW should...but Penney's thought he might nick us a goal by having a 3rd striker on. Didn't work. I'm hoping we go back to Colbeck on RW and Abbott with Price or Nardiello upfront on Tues. I doubt it'll be Price there though. Some will say he shouldn't be gambling on it in a game vs Exeter, others will say he had to change it. I'll say we got a point, stayed above them and out of relegation and have a run of game now that will decide our season one way or the other.

I'm far from saying Penney's a top manager, but the :censored:e this season about him has been ridiculous. But I predicted what would happen this season so I've not been surprised by it once.

well said that man ...cometh the hour etcetera etrcetera...can i be on your team please :grin: :grin:

Cop out reply! Pot...Kettle...

I don't need to put my attendance credentials on here! Missed Exeter today for a few reasons but we can share dick sizes on PM if you want to know my games over this season or any other! I had a choice (moneywise) between Colchester away or Exeter away...I chose Colchester!

Support ya f***ing team!

I was agreeing with you not having a go! I know you attend matches ...as do I. I think we're on the same side.

Chill.

with mr bad penneys tactics the teams in the next few weeks could play with nobody on the pitch and mr bad penney would still go for a draw or in his words "lets try not to lose" f*****g pathetic :ranting:

Price played on right - 3 strikers on, one out of position

with mr bad penneys tactics the teams in the next few weeks could play with nobody on the pitch and mr bad penney would still go for a draw or in his words "lets try not to lose" f*****g pathetic :ranting:

if he was asked what game he would rather play if not football, i think he would go for CHESS. :lol:

good point in the end, although we could have lost. its not good that we gave away 2 pens and our goal was scored by a defender.

what were the forwards doing all afternoon.

And the fact we didnt have a single shot on goal in the first half, and that we didn't take the game to a team who are below us in the league, we beat without too many problems at boundary park, we could probably beat again had we gone for it amd the fact that we didn't take the game to them and go all out for the win in a situation when we desperately needed three points.

+1

And the fact we didnt have a single shot on goal in the first half, and that we didn't take the game to a team who are below us in the league, we beat without too many problems at boundary park, we could probably beat again had we gone for it amd the fact that we didn't take the game to them and go all out for the win in a situation when we desperately needed three points.

I think what you and most others have to except right now is that we're no better than where we're at, for whatever reason - it's not important at this time. Let's do the autopsy after this season, right now we've got to scrap for every point.

Today was one of those points.

I think what you and most others have to except right now is that we're no better than where we're at, for whatever reason - it's not important at this time. Let's do the autopsy after this season, right now we've got to scrap for every point.

Today was one of those points.

We should have scrapped for all three though in what was a very winnable game. I could accept the result if we really had a good go at them and really went for it. We didn't do this.

Not a single shot in the first half, one or two in the second, and we were only saved from defeat by a penalty saved where it matters. We were desperate for three points today, we had the personnel on the field who were good enough to get three points from this game.

We should have scrapped for all three though in what was a very winnable game. I could accept the result if we really had a good go at them and really went for it. We didn't do this.

Not a single shot in the first half, one or two in the second, and we were only saved from defeat by a penalty saved where it matters. We were desperate for three points today, we had the personnel on the field who were good enough to get three points from this game.

No better than what we are...