Latics fans disgrace themselves

I thought the lads who were winding Jones up were funny. "Do you work out Jonesy", "Where did you get your underwear from Jonesy", "Nice arse" etc. Who knows, it may have worked, he flapped at the corner in the second half from which we scored.

Didn't hear any "nonce" comments, nor the ones about Alexander.

Just to compare this to an incident that happend at Goodison over the weekend, a mate of mine who follows Hull saw someone being arrested outside the ground for singing E E EDL and God Save The Queen, the conversation was overheard by my mate and the OB arrested him for 'rascism' When the said offender asked the OB why it was racist the offence changed to drunk and disorderly after the OB had smelt his breath and picked up on the alcohol. IMO the police should have arrested the 3 in question and let them face racism charges which the punishment now is a custodial sentence if I'm not mistaken, oh and Dartmoor prison looks bad enough from the outside let alone inside, so not only were the 3 fans in the wrong but also the stewards and the police for not following correct procedures.

Just to compare this to an incident that happend at Goodison over the weekend, a mate of mine who follows Hull saw someone being arrested outside the ground for singing E E EDL and God Save The Queen, the conversation was overheard by my mate and the OB arrested him for 'rascism' When the said offender asked the OB why it was racist the offence changed to drunk and disorderly after the OB had smelt his breath and picked up on the alcohol. IMO the police should have arrested the 3 in question and let them face racism charges which the punishment now is a custodial sentence if I'm not mistaken, oh and Dartmoor prison looks bad enough from the outside let alone inside, so not only were the 3 fans in the wrong but also the stewards and the police for not following correct procedures.

You want 3 people to go to prison because one person maked sick remarks and the other 2 laughed? :shock:

I think getting kicked out the ground would be enough.

That lad getting nicked as well for singing 'God Save The Queen'? how mads that!

Edited by bowl

why would anybody be nicked (never mind 3) for singing EDL songs? or the National Anthem? why is that racist? :blink:

why would anybody be nicked (never mind 3) for singing EDL songs? or the National Anthem? why is that racist? :blink:

I got the impression that the OB were after the lad anyway and then when they smelt booze on his breath decided to move the goal posts and lift him for something different.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that someone singing EDL songs at a football match probably intended it to be known that he was a tinge racist, whether he should have been arrested for it or not is a different question. I only started this thread as I don't think it was right how some of our fans chose to behave during the minute's silence, not any wider question.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that someone singing EDL songs at a football match probably intended it to be known that he was a tinge racist, whether he should have been arrested for it or not is a different question. I only started this thread as I don't think it was right how some of our fans chose to behave during the minute's silence, not any wider question.

Well said.

My parents were in the seats and my dad said that during the minute silence, a guy behind them said "Why are we being silent for a nigger?" After that, the same guy and his mates gave the players (especially Taylor) dogs abuse and my parents moved at half-time. The guys left after we went a goal down. They are part of our regular away following and I cannot say I was surprised when my dad pointed them out. Sadly, we have this element in our midst.

My parents were in the seats and my dad said that during the minute silence, a guy behind them said "Why are we being silent for a nigger?" After that, the same guy and his mates gave the players (especially Taylor) dogs abuse and my parents moved at half-time. The guys left after we went a goal down. They are part of our regular away following and I cannot say I was surprised when my dad pointed them out. Sadly, we have this element in our midst.

The club should root them out and ban them for life.

Part of the reason why I don't bother going to games anymore. Crap football is bad enough, crap fans as well is too much.

The club should root them out and ban them for life.

All right-minded latics fans have a responsibility here too.

Casual racism is not, has never been nor ever will be an acceptable part of what has become known as "the match day experience".

All right-minded latics fans have a responsibility here too.

Casual racism is not, has never been nor ever will be an acceptable part of what has become known as "the match day experience".

i agree people who witness it should say something. however how many are going to when doing the right thing leads to you feeling threatened as in leeslovers group of friends on saturday. stewards at football matches are hardly the best at resolving any situation especially ones such as this.