Twenty Years On

Just read the article on OS about the 20 year anniversary. Is it really 20 years since those heady days?

I remember the queue of fans camping out overnight for their tickets and the queue snaking around the ground.

Then on the day of the final,the journey down and every other car or coach you passed being awash with blue and white.

When the team came onto the pitch i was so proud i couldn't hold back the tears....Never did i imagine i would see my beloved latics at wembley!

Aaah, happy days :)

Oldham rugby were there the day before too. I remember the sign hanging off the A627M bridge that said, "Will the last one out please turn off the light." :grin:

Oldham Rugby never played at Wembley

1990 was the semi final against Warrington at Central Park, Wigan on 31st March

one of the worst decisions by a referee stopped Oldham Rugby from playing at Wembley :disappointed:

edit: Oldham Rugby have won the Challenge cup 3 times, but none of the finals where played at Wembley

Edited by creepy

I along with my brother styed at Cambridge university on the campus ... to see how the other half lived ....... never a funnier night was had .... plus the uni bar had beer at 50p a pint ... reeeeeeeeeeeesult ..... I still will never get over the size of the kebab though... I thonk it would have fed the entire halls of residence for a week .. bargain at £2.50. Robbed the following day though ... £6.50 for a breakfast. What a weekend, followed up by the biggest p1ss up I have ever seen in Oldham... amazing scenes