My all time Premier League XI

Criteria - have had to have played at least 3 years in the top-flight thus no Hoddle, Gullit or Klinsmann.

Schmeichel -Awesome in his pomp

Petrescu - One of the most exciting rightbacks ever to grace the English game, scored goals made them and an integral part of that very good Romanian side.

Tony Adams - Ridculed, then respected then ultimately lauded. Terry isn't fit to lace this guy's boots!

Steve Bruce - Played 100s of games for Norwich before even signing for United, cool, calm collected and scored for fun.

Denis Irwin - Hard to fathom he played 160 odd games at BP and nearly 100 for Leeds at Right-Back before Taggart turned him into the most consistent left-back in the world.

Ronaldo - Love him or hate him, he was a devastating threat with the goals record to back that up.

Scholes - Not the most talented but a true Mr. reliable for both United and England.

Gerrard - Same as Scholes

Giggs - An example to all of what can be achieved, despite injury set-backs

Shearer - A whingeing tosser but probably the finest centre-forward we have produced in a generation.

Drogba - Shades it on having been here longer than Torres. A player that has it all, can do it all but wants more. Can be a cheat or sublime, depends what mood he is in. Great player but absolute W*****!

So that's mine

Schmeichel

Petrescu

Adams

Bruce

Irwin

Ronaldo

Scholes

Gerrard

Giggs

Shearer

Drogba

What's everyone else think?

What's everyone else think?

I'd have Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Thierry Henry up top :wink:

Vieira over Gerrard.

Not sure about Scholes not being the most talented. I've read comments from many players over the years about how they try to be like him. Not your League One players, lads like Zidane and Nedved. Always remember Beckham saying he arrived at Madrid and the one player they all wanted to talk about was Scholes.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Just pick 10 randomers and Thierry Henry for me.

Great great player of course but I've never managed to hold those who have a significant dependancy on their pace in the very highest of regard.

Had I done a serious one I'd have had Shearer and Cantona upfront. :peepwall:

Schmeichel

Neville

Bruce

Adams

Irwin

Beckham

Scholes

Keane

Giggs

Cantona

Shearer

Campbell (much as I can't stand him), Terry (or him), Vieira, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen and Bergkamp would make the bench.

Give it a year or two and the likes of Vidic, Fabregas and Rooney will be automatic picks - if they stay.

Great great player of course but I've never managed to hold those who have a significant dependancy on their pace in the very highest of regard.

Henry is still the only player to compel me to tune into Match of the Day rather than doing something else.

His style perfectly encapsulates my opinion of how football should be played.

Henry is still the only player to compel me to tune into Match of the Day rather than doing something else.

His style perfectly encapsulates my opinion of how football should be played.

I'm the same for Wayne Rooney. Funny isn't it.