Top Performers this season

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GREGAN!

Goes without saying, after our fall from grace last year I was happy to see him gone.

Without him this year we would be down already, says a lot really.

You have to add Stephens into the mix, he can't win a header and gives possession away occasionally but for one so young he is certainly showing promise and can interlink play with a great range of passing.

Edited by Omar Don't Scare

You have to add Stephens into the mix, he can't win a header and gives possession away occasionally but for one so young he is certainly showing promise and can interlink play with a great range of passing.

I'm not knocking Stephens, like you say he's come in and done well. But there seems to be a misconception that he's really young. He's older than both Deane Smalley and Dean Furman - players who routinely get moaned at (not by you, perhaps) on here and never get away with the "he's only young" excuse.

As an example:

Taylor '86

Jacobson '86

Stephens '87

Smalley '88

Furman '88

I'm not knocking Stephens, like you say he's come in and done well. But there seems to be a misconception that he's really young. He's older than both Deane Smalley and Dean Furman - players who routinely get moaned at (not by you, perhaps) on here and never get away with the "he's only young" excuse.

As an example:

Taylor '86

Jacobson '86

Stephens '87

Smalley '88

Furman '88

A misconception perhaps as he only looks twelve :lol:

Furman & Colbeck as we paid fees combined of around 100k I'm led to believe, they have been awful.

Smalley, I expected more of, the same with Taylor.

I don't buy into Abbott being so great either.

As an example:

Taylor '86

Jacobson '86

Stephens '87

Smalley '88

Furman '88

This is because the manager of the team regularly states that he is 20 when he is 22.

Comfortably second behind Gregan.

Not a natural poacher and that's obvious, but with Hughes or Porter alongside him he'd have another 5 goals and they'd have 25.

He's too greedy at times and at over times unable to shoot because he is being to clever.

As one mate pointed out you're not Berbatov son!!

Bad when he is all we have got though :unsure:

I don't buy into Abbott being so great either.

He can't do it all by himself.

If he's got a crap strike partner alongside him and a midfield incapable of running past him to pick up on his passes/flicks, what the hell is he meant to do?

He's a class above the rest of them and if he had a Lee Highes alongside him ..... well, I'll let others speculate.

Edited by opinions4u

If he's got a crap strike partner alongside him and a midfield incapable of running past him to pick up on his passes/flicks, what the hell is he meant to do?

He's a class above the rest of them and if he had a Lee Highes alongside him ..... well, I'll let others speculate.

Maybe so but you can also look at the amount of times he has had a players 3 yards to his left with a gaping goal and he hasn't passed.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing him, just don't think he's all that.

i would just be happy if he did a bit of running every now and then and maybe show a bit of effort.

think gregan and stephens are the top performers with lee getting a mention but dont think he has played enough to be classed as one of our top performers.

i would just be happy if he did a bit of running every now and then and maybe show a bit of effort.

think gregan and stephens are the top performers with lee getting a mention but dont think he has played enough to be classed as one of our top performers.

And who is out of contract?

Abbott does his fair share of running if you ask me. Not all players have to bust a gut for every single ball to put their shift in. Abbott works hard enough bringing the ball under control and he does this in most cases if you ask me. He does his job a damn sight better than a lot of the others we have out there, and, although not as often as I'm sure we'd all have liked, has got himself a few goals this season, which is a contribution none of our other strikers can brag about.

Abbott does his fair share of running if you ask me. Not all players have to bust a gut for every single ball to put their shift in. Abbott works hard enough bringing the ball under control and he does this in most cases if you ask me. He does his job a damn sight better than a lot of the others we have out there, and, although not as often as I'm sure we'd all have liked, has got himself a few goals this season, which is a contribution none of our other strikers can brag about.

How many penalties I wonder?