Football League Names New Sponsor

Am I being special or is that less than £100k a year per club (assuming it's not weighted).

Not exactly lucrative is it?

Just had a quick look and the Coca-Cola deal was worth around £6millon a year, the npower deal looks to be £7million so looks like a better deal for the football league and it's clubs.

I'm astonished how little that is.... what's the Parachute Payment these days? It's got to pushing £20m a club...?

I think it's higher than that, sure figures like that were quoted that Portsmouth would get when they go down. The Barclays deal with the Premier League is worth £27.5million a season and thats only for 20 clubs. A huge difference in value!

I'm astonished how little that is.... what's the Parachute Payment these days? It's got to pushing £20m a club...?

Its not a lot I grant you but how much of the parachute payment comes from whoever owns Barclays these days (I think the bloke who owns Citeh has a chunk) and how much comes from Rupert Murdoch?

Its extra cash and whilst its probably weighted extra cash is extra cash and shouldn't be sniffed at. I just wonder if the Germans who own npower know how much they are putting into English football.