Latics invite to kidnap boy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think that if anything was sung (and it will be whether they go or not - the numpties won't know) then it will be by so few that they won't hear it clearly enough. And if they do I'm sure whoever is looking after them will try to reassure them that a small handful of idiots is not representative of the support as a whole.

If they do attend, I truly hope their lasting memory will be of a rousing standing ovation in celebration of the boy's safe return home.

Perhaps. But its not how its meant, its how its percieved.

Onto the main topic - I think its nice that the club have made a gesture to the boy and his family - and the idea of offerring him the chance to lead the team out is a great one.

However I would fully expect that this offer is graciously turned down unless the boy/family are already Latics fans.

I'd go along with that; but in all honesty I can't see the family coming along to BP when the young lads only been in back in the country 2 days; surely they'd want to have 'family time' that doesn't involve being a cold and (potentially) unwelcoming BP??????

If they do come; and certain songs / chants are sung; and it then appears on the TV news or in the written press - It'd be the final nail in the coffin for the club I think........

I'd go along with that; but in all honesty I can't see the family coming along to BP when the young lads only been in back in the country 2 days; surely they'd want to have 'family time' that doesn't involve being a cold and (potentially) unwelcoming BP??????

If they do come; and certain songs / chants are sung; and it then appears on the TV news or in the written press - It'd be the final nail in the coffin for the club I think........

i doubt that, we have been recognised many times for our work in the community etc havent we?

a few boos, songs etc by a few will not be the final nail in Oldham Athletics coffin

i think you are a going a bit over the top there fella :grin:

thats what i thought, and i doubt the family would want even more press coverage with world new outside their house for two weeks.

Bearing in mind there is an edl march on in Bolton today I think a fair few of the herberts will be attending that..... It is a nice gesture from the club yes, however, if I were his parents I think this weekend would be a family & friends affair & the only other people doing the chanting would be the pre-pubescent, I'll not hold my breath though.

• 1 month later...