Brighton Post Game Thread

First-half we started well, were first to everything but suffered from a blatant lack of width yet again. We huff and puff, a few efforts off target, Pav misses a good chance by heading wide, Taylor plays one across the face of goal and Guy causes them problems with his pace.

Then Bennett scores an absolute beaut from out wide it goes into the top corner like a rocket WTF have we not even enquired about this boy, he's a great prospect and did ever so well on loan at BUry last season.

Right on HT Pav forces a good save from the keeper, before he makes an even better stop off Taylor's rebound. Second-half we did not turn up, it was directionless, clueless, gutless, passionless and absofeckinlutely clueless. As for the og it was a tap in anyway. We did nothing to get back into the game the players preferring to hide and the crowd got increasingly vociferous in their anti-Penney chants. It was clear to see we wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night. Left with 10 minutes to go, I was bored :censored:less.

Where do we go from here? Well Brentford will be another tough one, so will Gillingham. We need 4 wins out of 10 to stay up in my opinion. Can we get them? Not sure tbh...

whittacker....total waste of a wage...gutless clueless waste of a space....taylor second half,no width didnt want the ball didnt want to know wouldnt get wide even after greegs blasted him when he could of caused there defence trouble...

abbott...another :censored: game,aimless flickons to nobody...couldnt score in a brothel at the moment,:censored: penalty kick too easy for a massive keeper to save,how the rebound didnt go in off the underside of the bar i dont know.

smalley..see whittacker

hazell...stupid danger balls all the time putting defence in trouble or just hoof it away,showed he could cross it and get forward in injury time,too bloody late by then

greegan again good show but nobody with him or around him interested..

lewis guy,,like a breathe of fresh air seeing a striker getting stuck in,gets the ball passes it then heads for penalty box,feck all comes in

young eves....played better than half the team in his first 2 mins..should be given a crack imo with guy and drop abbott for a game or two.

pretty pissed off tonight by another gutless half hearted :censored: showing..if these guys are footballers ill show me arse on the town hall steps....useless and dissinterested.

i dont like the penny out chant or the thats why were going down chant..but they were very apt today....

i cant sit on the fence anymore..penney has to go for me

anybody know who was in the helicopter???

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whittacker....total waste of a wage...gutless clueless waste of a space....taylor second half,no width didnt want the ball didnt want to know wouldnt get wide even after greegs blasted him when he could of caused there defence trouble...

abbott...another :censored: game,aimless flickons to nobody...couldnt score in a brothel at the moment,:censored: penalty kick too easy for a massive keeper to save,how the rebound didnt go in off the underside of the bar i dont know.

smalley..see whittacker

hazell...stupid danger balls all the time putting defence in trouble or just hoof it away,showed he could cross it and get forward in injury time,too bloody late by then

lewis guy,,like a breathe of fresh air seeing a striker getting stuck in,gets the ball passes it then heads for penalty box,feck all comes in

young eves....played better than half the team in his first 2 mins..should be given a crack imo with guy and drop abbott for a game or two.

pretty pissed off tonight by another gutless half hearted :censored: showing..if these guys are footballers ill show me arse on the town hall steps....useless and dissinterested.

i dont like the penny out chant or the thats why were going down chant..but they were very apt today....

air ambulance mate, ambulance was transferring the casualty as I came out

First-half we started well, were first to everything but suffered from a blatant lack of width yet again. We huff and puff, a few efforts off target, Pav misses a good chance by heading wide, Taylor plays one across the face of goal and Guy causes them problems with his pace.

Then Bennett scores an absolute beaut from out wide it goes into the top corner like a rocket WTF have we not even enquired about this boy, he's a great prospect and did ever so well on loan at BUry last season.

Right on HT Pav forces a good save from the keeper, before he makes an even better stop off Taylor's rebound. Second-half we did not turn up, it was directionless, clueless, gutless, passionless and absofeckinlutely clueless. As for the og it was a tap in anyway. We did nothing to get back into the game the players preferring to hide and the crowd got increasingly vociferous in their anti-Penney chants. It was clear to see we wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night. Left with 10 minutes to go, I was bored :censored:less.

Where do we go from here? Well Brentford will be another tough one, so will Gillingham. We need 4 wins out of 10 to stay up in my opinion. Can we get them? Not sure tbh...

in a nutshell. we came out in the first half well but we let them get back into the game and they got a great goal.

second half was depressing, i knew we wouldnt score the pen. abbott, taylor, worthington, furman all awful. whitaker IS NOT A WINGER!

the only good thing to see from that game was guy. the only one who showed he wanted to play.

next game put jacobson back, drop abbott, taylor, worthington, furman and whitaker. let eaves, miller and colbeck play, we'll be crap but id prefer to see a team that wants to play lose than one that doesnt care and lets them give us that second half.

Dave Penney Football Genius

Dave penney football Genius

Dave Penney Football Genius

If I keep saying it maybe it'll come true.

can't see it after after that s*@t performance today.

I know at least 3 season ticket holders who won't be renewing whilst penney is in charge.

smalley..see whittacker

Spot on my friend.

I'm sorry for swearing, but :censored: off Penney. And take your signings with you.

That 2nd half (on top of all the rest of the rubbish I've watched all season) has left me fuming.

Spot on my friend.

I'm sorry for swearing, but :censored: off Penney. And take your signings with you.

That 2nd half (on top of all the rest of the rubbish I've watched all season) has left me fuming.

i actually came away from the ground ready to smack someone....my kids thankfully told me to calm down.....

really cant believe how much brighton took the piss.....they sussed us out and bang...played us off the park,i felt sorry for lee,no cover from whittaker at all,leaving him having to chase 2 players....

best quote i heard off someone today was we play like breezehill...lol

He did well. I suspect "different class" somewhat overstates things though.

“I thought they (Eaves and Millar against Wycombe) were different class, their ability on the ball and wanting the ball was a big thing. They wanted it to make an impact. They are only youngsters but they were excellent coming on.” Quote from Dave Penney post Wycombe.

Millar was sooooooo good he didn't even warrant the final substitution today.

E4e

SENSE

That was awful!!!!

We came out for the first 5-10 mins and attacked, missed a couple of half chances and then just sat back and gave the ball away the whole game! The midfield today was just dire!

I just dont know how the Rose Tinted Brigade can come on here week after week and defend the performances and the manager! Id love to see what the excuses are this week!

TTA must be crappin their pants at the thought of the season ticket sales for next season coz there can only be a few daft enough to want to shell out to watch that :clown: and his crap tactics.

It appears TTA - like most fans have lost interest.

Trouble is Bob, there is the same rumour every week.

Who could we realistically get in that would keep us up?

from ezine.... 1 of my mates knowes simon and he got a call during the game to go to a meeting and refused to go till after the game but to other directors went straight down the steps. so we will see what happens