9 home wins since October 28th 2008

To be honest, Ed,I'd rather have a bunch of pissed up idiots who fight with each other in public playing decent football and scoring goals, than have a tea full of nice, honest, hard working people playing the dross we have seen all season.

you know what....your not far off the truth...

i cant comprehend how they have no pride for the shirt.....they really are just a bunch of talentless over priced mercenary tossers.....and our club and fans deserve a lot more than these so called professionals are giving us....

when i played i didnt like concedeing corners never mind goals..and i never gave up no matter how futile it became....

Pretty much the same. But sheridan did f all in 3 seasons. DP hasn't even had one yet. I get the feeling the "fans" will treat all our managers the same unless they have played for us or are called joe royle of course.

Sheridan did f all for 3 seasons? We didn't go up for sure but there was plenty of great moments along the way. Everton was only 2 seasons ago. It feels like forever.

we played better under shez,but in reallity it was a waste of time as we didnt progress,just a waste of 2 and a half seasons..

penney has tried to instill discipline and that but sacrificed the playing style....but the team is now moving backwards again...

'but the team is now moving backwards again...

If you could see little snippets of progress then you could handle it.....TTA say there's a much better atmosphere and a more proffesional attitude behind the scenes, but on the pitch where it really matters there has been NO improvement whatsoever!!!

This guy will never get bums on seats and regardless of this seasons outcome he simply has to go!!!!!!

Pretty much the same. But sheridan did f all in 3 seasons. DP hasn't even had one yet. I get the feeling the "fans" will treat all our managers the same unless they have played for us or are called joe royle of course.

What?

He turned us from Ronnie's also-rans into a regular fixture in the top third of the table, recognised as promotion competitors by the other top sides, who were regularly well beaten by us, on a budget reported as being as low as a bottom four one. Furthermore, crowds were some 50% higher meaning losses were significantly less.

Those who drove him out must feel a tad regretful, foolish even.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Shez put enough on the table to make me want to pay £20 every week...

For half a season in 06/07 and the first 7 odd games of 08/09.

But apart from that is was pretty dire....as was the whole of 07/08. Last season the cries for Sheridan out after the likes of Bristol Rovers at home and Colchester at home were a lot more unanimous than the divide between the Penney in and Penney out this season. The team of the second half of last season was just an inept as this season's, if not more. We ended up with 5 wins after January last season. This season we've had 4 wins since January and have 10 games left to beat it. Hell it's not completely far fetched that we match the amount of wins after January we had in our 06/07 playoff season, which was 8.

This idea that it was so much better under Shez is completely superficial....like I said under Shez we had an orgasmic spell of around 4 months where we were winning most of our games and playing good football, in the 06/07 season and we bottled it. Then followed a very terrible season where we barely won before New Year. We picked it up a little bit that season but we were still forced to see terrible performances like losing to Hartlepool at home 1-0.

On the whole Shez' reign was "great" for two spell which were a season apart. Apart from those two spells it wasn't much better than it is now.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

But apart from that is was pretty dire....as was the whole of 07/08. Last season the cries for Sheridan out after the likes of Bristol Rovers at home and Colchester at home were a lot more unanimous than the divide between the Penney in and Penney out this season. The team of the second half of last season was just an inept as this season's, if not more. We ended up with 5 wins after January last season. This season we've had 4 wins since January and have 10 games left to beat it. Hell it's not completely far fetched that we match the amount of wins after January we had in our 06/07 playoff season, which was 8.

This idea that it was so much better under Shez is completely superficial....like I said under Shez we had an orgasmic spell of around 4 months where we were winning most of our games and playing good football, in the 06/07 season and we bottled it. Then followed a very terrible season where we barely won before December. We picked it up a little bit that season but we were still forced to see terrible performances like losing to Hartlepool at home 1-0.

Compare the attendances... Compare the results... Compare the league positions...

They are all things outside of the realm of opinion...

What?

He turned us from Ronnie's also-rans into a regular fixture in the top third of the table, recognised as promotion competitors by the other top sides, who were regularly well beaten by us, on a budget reported as being as low as a bottom four one. Furthermore, crowds were some 50% higher meaning losses were significantly less.

Sure they do... but I am sure they won't let it show...

This idea that it was so much better under Shez is completely superficial....like I said under Shez we had an orgasmic spell of around 4 months where we were winning most of our games and playing good football, in the 06/07 season and we bottled it. Then followed a very terrible season where we barely won before December. We picked it up a little bit that season but we were still forced to see terrible performances like losing to Hartlepool at home 1-0.

Who gives a :censored:? Where you are at the end is all that counts.

6 - 8 - 7

Pretty good given his budget - obviously money doesn't always talk.

What?

As I said the other day (to oafc0000, I think), just because Dave Penis has been our worst manager in recent history, doesn't mean it was wrong to sack Shez. He'd been here three years, we hadnt progressed. His time had run it's course. Still a legend though.

As I said the other day (to oafc0000, I think), just because Dave Penis has been our worst manager in recent history, doesn't mean it was wrong to sack Shez. He'd been here three years, we hadnt progressed. His time had run it's course. Still a legend though.

You might be somewhat right there... Thing that annoyed me was Shez was sacked with 9 games to go with a shot at the play offs still there. He never got the chance to see it through...

I was prepared to discuss it in the summer... The muppets that run this club though knew better and look where we are now...

Edited by oafc0000

Who gives a :censored:? Where you are at the end is all that counts.

6 - 8 - 7

Pretty good given his budget - obviously money doesn't always talk.

He gets more credit for that 8th position for me. Because he pulled us back from a relegation scrap, got us winning away including a cup scalp over Everton and steadied our home form. Had he knocked up just a couple more wins before New Year we could have finished in the playoffs.

The 06/07 season was just gutting, as he threw it all away....we were high flying, playing good football and just crumbled...why did he let that happen?

The 08/09 season overall was just as poor as this apart from our first 7 games....he did well to chalk those up so early, 'cause if he hadn't we'd have been in a similar position to where we are now.

Anyway, my point isn't that Penney is better. My point is, irrespective of whether Penney has done a better job or not Sheridan probably still should have gone....most fans wanted him out. We were on a sinking ship and we were just appalling on the pitch too. And the product Sheridan was producing by the time he left was no better than the product Penney is producing now.

I think we progressed well, the problem was it all happened overnight as soon as he took over. Our shortminded fans eventually took him/it for granted, fantasised that TTA were bankrolling a promotion budget, consequently grew impatient at our inability to win the division (which they inadvertently came to expect as a result of his good work) and forced him out.

TTA did make it known, but they should have stated in no uncertain terms just how well Shez has done in relation to his budget once they began considering his position given fan pressure. Unlike most sacked managers, he unsurprisingly went and got another job inside 5 minutes, is pretty much guaranteed play-offs and is in the shout for auto.

What an absolute :censored: up all round.

He gets more credit for that 8th position for me. Because he pulled us back from a relegation scrap, got us winning away including a cup scalp over Everton and steadied our home form. Had he knocked up just a couple more wins before New Year we could have finished in the playoffs.

The 8th was very decent given the injuries we sustained that season - I remember us having 20 one weekend. Remember the calls for a proper physio?

The 06/07 season was just gutting, as he threw it all away....we were high flying, playing good football and just crumbled...why did he let that happen?

I don't know, nor do I know how he ever got us into that position in the first place.

The 08/09 season overall was just as poor as this apart from our first 7 games....he did well to chalk those up so early, 'cause if he hadn't we'd have been in a similar position to where we are now.

Anyway, my point isn't that Penney is better. My point is, irrespective of whether Penney has done a better job or not Sheridan probably still should have gone....most fans wanted him out. We were on a sinking ship and we were just appalling on the pitch too. And the product Sheridan was producing by the time he left was no better than the product Penney is producing now.

It all began to turn sour once some over-expectant idiots started getting on his and the player's backs, magnifying the pressure to succeed. If we had stuck by him he would have sorted it. I base this belief on his affinity for the club, his then past record and his record since.

At the moment we're lacking a creative midfield. Last season this was provided by Whittaker, Smalley and Taylor. All three have been our biggest let downs this season. We would never have been in the position we were last season if these three played with their current form. A creative midfield is the biggest contribute to an entertaining football team. This is where the blame lies.

I happened to drive past DP a couple of weeks back on a Sunday morning after a depressing result and he looked as if he hadnt a care in the World. I only clocked him because he had a latics logo on his top, but he looked far, far too happy considering the state of results. I have watched his reactions closely in two games and he doesnt give the impression of anyone with a heart beat. It looks like another sod the fans I will stick it out as I do know better than them

Not sure what your profession is, but you should be a journalist you know!!

At the moment we're lacking a creative midfield. Last season this was provided by Whittaker, Smalley and Taylor. All three have been our biggest let downs this season. We would never have been in the position we were last season if these three played with their current form. A creative midfield is the biggest contribute to an entertaining football team. This is where the blame lies.

Which makes you wonder more about penneys tactics.

These 3 were all playing good football under shez and scoring goals (23/24 between them last season? 4 so far this season i think?) and now penney is in they all look like thye dont want to be playing, no confidence.

Get it sorted DP & fast, yesterday was the first time i had heard the chaddy sing in ages (the penney out chants)

I happened to drive past DP a couple of weeks back on a Sunday morning after a depressing result and he looked as if he hadnt a care in the World. I only clocked him because he had a latics logo on his top, but he looked far, far too happy considering the state of results.

Dear oh dear. Should he be permanently miserable because things at work aren't going well? He does have a life outside of OAFC.

Edited by jsslatic

Which makes you wonder more about penneys tactics.

These 3 were all playing good football under shez and scoring goals (23/24 between them last season? 4 so far this season i think?) and now penney is in they all look like thye dont want to be playing, no confidence.

I'd put that in context a little bit.

1) Taylor had a decent season last season, although struggled when returning from a couple of injury breaks.

2) Whitaker started well, but (literally) faded.

3) I'm not sure Smalley has ever been more than pace or promise.

There is, however, no doubt in my mind that Penney's tactics don't encourage midfielders and full-backs to get forwards. While the goals against statistics benefit from this, the attendance statistics suffer big time for it.

I'd put that in context a little bit.

1) Taylor had a decent season last season, although struggled when returning from a couple of injury breaks. 21 in 188 overall

2) Whitaker started well, but (literally) faded. 10 goals in 77 overall

3) I'm not sure Smalley has ever been more than pace or promise. 10 goals in 108 appearances overall suggests this to be correct

There is, however, no doubt in my mind that Penney's tactics don't encourage midfielders and full-backs to get forwards. While the goals against statistics benefit from this, the attendance statistics suffer big time for it.

41 goals between them in over 350 games, therein lies the problem. I bet their assists column is no better either...

As you have only been to one home game all season - exeter you claim - you decided not to pay £20 without seeing any matches under DP.

I stated last season that by sacking shez we would have a dire season and I had no intention of sitting through it...

I happened to drive past DP a couple of weeks back on a Sunday morning after a depressing result and he looked as if he hadnt a care in the World. I only clocked him because he had a latics logo on his top, but he looked far, far too happy considering the state of results.......

My word; I don't rate him as a manager at all - but on a Sunday morning he looked happy when you feel he should be in some sort of depressive gloom....

That is taking Penney slating too far...

He might; just might, have a family life outside of football that he may well be very happy about - just a thought like