For the long term ST holders

For the long serving ST holders  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a ST holder?

• 1st Time
    • 1-5 Years
    • 5 years+
  2. 2. Will you be renewing next season?

• Yes, regardless of manager
    • No, regardless of manager
    • Only if we change manager
    • Undecided
    • No, but for other reasons (not manager)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont mind can you write a comment stating how long youve been a ST holder (just from the options will do) and what you have chosen for the second question please?

was a season ticket holder from about 1987 until about 4 years ago....

wont buy one again i dont think,it doesnt represent great value for money even if they are discounted on full price...

i shall pick and choose when it suits me to attend games by paying on the day

If you dont mind can you write a comment stating how long youve been a ST holder (just from the options will do) and what you have chosen for the second question please?

Since 1986.

Can't afford it - made redundant.

I have held an ST for many years and will continue to do so as it is one of the few tangible ways I can really "support" the club rather than being a fan not contributing to the financial stability of the club.

Whoever is the manager is irrelevant, it will not impact my support even if what is occurring on the pitch isn't what we would all hope it was

At the moment no, but once the season ends emotion kicks in and more often than not I give in and buy a season ticket. at the moment put me down as undecided. I've had a season ticket every year but one since 2002 and had another 2 previous to that. Before that I had a membership book every year and even the years I haven't had a season ticket I've paid in every week instead.

02-03

03-04

04-05

06-07

07-08

08-09

09-10

Over the last three years - since the play off debacle it has become increasingly difficult to justify shelling out £400 for me and my boy's tickets. The players have no affinity to the club, a procession of loanees and full-time journeymen arrive year on year - I know Latics aren't unique and this is the way lower league football has gone but it has ripped the heart out of the club and I am now struggling to identify with the club I have supported for 25 years.

I walked out with 15 minutes left on Saturday, I've left early occasionally before, mainly because I've been raging at an inept performance but Saturday and the other week v Millwall was different, previously I've hung on to my hope of a flukey late goal or the dream that something just something may happen. That hope has died over the last couple of years, when we go behind that usually means curtains and I left on Saturday, same as I did v Millwall because I was bored, bored of a team that I have seen in far worse positions, bored of a team I saw lose 7-1 to Cardiff yet still stayed, bored of a team I saw lose 5-0 at Reading, bored of a team I saw 3-0 down in 7 minutes at Spurs, bored of a team I saw 3-0 at home down to Bristol Rovers within 11 minutes - What's changed? Well we wouldn't have scored in either game (Millwall, Brighton and a many others over the last few years) if we had played all night. Since February 2007 and more so since the second half of last season the team on the field has been in a downward spiral, we may scrape to safety but looking at our run in i'm not so sure. People say 47 points will be enough, I think no way - teams at the bottom pick up many more points in their last ten games - analyse the statistics and you'll see i'm right. Aim for 47 points and we'll end up going down - anyhow I digress, even if we do tunnel our way to safety, relegation under the current management set-up is inevitable next year. I feel sorry in a way for Penney, not for the injuries he's endured Shez and Ronnie Moore suffered just as badly and we finished in 10th and 8th respectively. By his own admission despite a blank chequebook he couldn't kick on with Donny - ok he won Division 2 and the Conference but his players were found out at this level and he quit. Penney's budget will again be cut in the summer. The outcome will be inevitable...

When you are pissed off at winning a game, like i was with the performance at Stockport - then perhaps it may be time to throw in the towel, even when we score the reaction has died. Once you begin to feel like that how do get the passion back? It's like a marriage that has run its course. Maybe it's 13 years in League One and maybe a few were feeling like this in the mid-80s when we'd spent a similar amount of time in the division above. The last time I can honestly say the flame was on full power was when it was us against the world in 03/04.

Edited by oafcprozac

When you are pissed off at winning a game, like i was with the performance at Stockport - then perhaps it may be time to throw in the towel, even when we score the reaction has died. Once you begin to feel like that how do get the passion back? It's like a marriage that has run its course.

I'm not as far down the road as you are Prozac but I'm certainly treading the same path.

I've had my paddock seat next to the dugouts for years and have always retained it for fear of losing my place. I look around me on matchday now and wonder how difficult it would be to pay on the day and sit in one of the many empty seats around me. Not very I'm guessing.

Tuesday's victory at Stockport left me empty like never before and I left the ground without clapping. I could appreciate that the pitch hadn't helped either team's cause but our uber-defensive tactics against a 10-man, bottom of the table team left me angry and upset. The result was great but the manner of the victory was not.

Saturday was slightly different as I actually felt sorry for the management and playing staff. The abuse Penney was receiving clearly affected some of the players and contributed to our downfall. I know a lot of people will say that they need to grow a pair of balls etc, but when you can see heads dropping with every boo-boy chorus, it's time to call in the dogs. Nobody wants to see us relegated so why add to the problems?

Anyhow, in answer to the OP, I will renew next season but only because the club needs me more than I currently need the club.

At the moment I feel really down about the whole situation. I'm really fed-up with seeing poor performances. Games at BP are not enjoyable anymore. I used to really look forward to match days but now it feels like a burden. I love this club but it feels as if the club doesn't love me. It's a 230 mile round trip to see a home game. I used to travel on a Tuesday for night games but have stopped doing that. I use the excuse that I wouldn't be back 'til after midnight and I have work the next day (but it's really the whole situation). The fans need hope and something to cheer about not jeer about. For the last 18 months or so that has been missing.

I put myself down as undecided as the emotional pull for the club is still there deep down. It needs something to bring it to the surface. My football soul is hurting right now.

Its funny how the ones who are going to renew are happy to say so but the others seem to be hiding behind a poll :lol:

Come you soft arses, take some of the heat off me for once :wink::grin:

No hiding here... :grin:

I have been a season ticket holder for over five years.

I voted "No, but for other reasons (not manager)".

Primarily because after such high hopes in the first two or three years under the current owners I'm now sick of watching the club slowly die.

Secondary reasons include Barry-gate (yes, really) and - there's no real way of putting this politely - the abject stupidity of a large number of so-called fans.

That latter one is one of the reasons I gave up last time too.

5+years and i will be renewing regardless. i still look forward to the next home game but perhaps its more out of habit and for the social aspect as apposed to 3 or 4 years ago when i couldnt wait to get to BP to see us play an enjoy the matchday atmosphere and a good chant (positive)

I reluctantly gave mine up this season, thank god, as I was sulking about Shez/Joe, still miss the Lookers and half-expected to be abroad anyway.

I'll probably get one out of duty once the club start bleating about the inevitable shocking sales. That would prove much easier if Penney has either :censored: off or at least pulled his act together.

I reluctantly gave mine up this season, thank god, as I was sulking about Shez/Joe, still miss the Lookers and half-expected to be abroad anyway.

I'll probably get one out of duty once the club start bleating about the inevitable shocking sales. That would prove much easier if Penney has either :censored: off or at least pulled his act together.

TBH unless Rob Purdie really is one hell of a player, I think what we have seen from Penney is what we are going to get, unfortunately.

TBH unless Rob Purdie really is one hell of a player, I think what we have seen from Penney is what we are going to get, unfortunately.

bloody hell i had completly forgot we had even signed that guy. if he is good enough to make penney look good then he wont be with us for long

Apparantly he was the one he was really happy about signing, but we havent seen anything of him all season, and even if he is a decent player, hes going to take a while to get his game form and sharpness back after being injured for an entire season,

from what ive seen of him through going to rochdale games with my friend he was a half decent player who could easily have made it into a lot of clubs, he seemed to be good at playing through balls, he had very good vision and could see the space and execute the pass quickly,

but like i said, a season is a long time to be out and is going to take a while to get to match fitness, to get his sharpness and to get used to our style of play,

either way we need a decent winger for next season, should be a top priority signing and should see a bulk of our cash going to one, id say a left winger so we can play taylor on the right (if he would play him on the right that is)