Penney Keeps the Faith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one certain thing I'll draw from this post match LW interview is that Lomax will not start on Saturday. He also mentions how the players dropped off after the goal kinda indicating this wasn't a plan of his. Which also points out those that believe he asks them to isn't correct. That said it is his job to make the players do what he asks.

The only one certain thing I'll draw from this post match LW interview is that Lomax will not start on Saturday. He also mentions how the players dropped off after the goal kinda indicating this wasn't a plan of his. Which also points out those that believe he asks them to isn't correct. That said it is his job to make the players do what he asks.

+1

Regardless of whether the players are not doing as he tells them (as we heard countless times under Shez) or he is telling them to play as negatively as they do, the buck stops with him.

Penney signs the players

Penney picks the team

Penney picks the tactics

and its penneys job to make sure the players stick to the tactics he picks

Lomax has barely played this season, yet starts ahead of one of Penneys Signings.

An unknown kid starts ahead of one of Penneys signings on the right wing.

March and we're still chopping and changing. No settled team because the players just arent good enough!!

It pains me to make an example of a scum player showing great regard for the scum manager and willing to carry out to the letter his instructions. Did anyone see Park's interview on SSN the other day when the interviewer was praising him how he's been a major improvement playing his new role in the team?. Took no pat on the back and clearly stated it was what the boss asked him to do so he does it to the best he can. That's how to manage sadly.

Lomax has barely played this season, yet starts ahead of one of Penneys Signings.

An unknown kid starts ahead of one of Penneys signings on the right wing.

March and we're still chopping and changing. No settled team because the players just arent good enough!!

Isn't Jacobson injured and therefore couldn't play last night? Not sure what was wrong with Paul Black last night, is he injured too?

I'll give you the unknown kid instead of Colbeck however Kirk's performance last night clearly warranted his selection. Plus the game today is sadly lacking players with names like Kirk Millar, proper footballer's name that, should be first name on the sheet every week. Sadly he was wearing red boots, no Kirk Millar would wear red boots in my day, thems were proper players...... and they had steak and chips before the game, none of this pasta rubbish and "taking on fluids".

Edited by beag_teeets

Isn't Jacobson injured and therefore couldn't play last night? Not sure what was wrong with Paul Black last night, is he injured too?

I'll give you the unknown kid instead of Colbeck however Kirk's performance last night clearly warranted his selection. Plus the game today is sadly lacking players with names like Kirk Millar, proper footballer's name that, should be first name on the sheet every week. Sadly he was wearing red boots, no Kirk Millar would wear red boots in my day, thems were proper players...... and they had steak and chips before the game, none of this pasta rubbish and "taking on fluids".

Lol Black was benched, after playing one game. Jacobson wasnt in the squad so was probably injured.

I wasnt saying that Millars selection was wrong, I'm saying what we already have at the club is better than what he's brought in!!

Mistake by Penney to leave Black out, if Lomax had a proper left foot he could have put the ball into f row and stopped them crossing for their first. Not Lomax's fault, he is right footed and does the best he can at left back, Black is left footed and might have got a better contact on the ball, done enough to get it into touch and stopped the cross. Would he have got in the position Lomax did? Maybe, maybe not.

Mistake by Penney to leave Black out, if Lomax had a proper left foot he could have put the ball into f row and stopped them crossing for their first. Not Lomax's fault, he is right footed and does the best he can at left back, Black is left footed and might have got a better contact on the ball, done enough to get it into touch and stopped the cross. Would he have got in the position Lomax did? Maybe, maybe not.

I thought Aljofree was a left back, it begs the question, what is he doing here ?

:lol:

What would you prefer ? DP admits the end is neigh ? :lol:

He got stick last week from someone for looking too happy when he was spotted outside of work. It doesn't matter what he says or does, those who have decided they don't like him will use any soundbite and make out like he's the spawn of Satan.

He got stick last week from someone for looking too happy when he was spotted outside of work. It doesn't matter what he says or does, those who have decided they don't like him will use any soundbite and make out like he's the spawn of Satan.

Dammed if he does; Dammed if he doesn't.

DP won't play the Youth - he starts with & plays Kirk Millar - and it's why is Millar starting instead of one his signings?

JJ is injured again; it was reported on the OS and on SSN before the game so that's why he wasn't playing LB for us last night.

I'd guess that Black didn't start due to his F-Up for the Brighton 2nd (incidentally; where he had a chance to clear on his left foot and didn't.re: would he have cleared where Lomax failed? Hmm) [* Not a dig at Black; just saying its not a given that he'd have cleared just because he's left footed]

I'm not his #1 fan - far from it; but I'm finding that I'm being drawn to defend him from some massively overcritical & factually incorrect posts on here - he's obviously a massive way off being our all time greatest manager; but by that same token; he's equally a massive way off our worst.

As I say; Dammed if he does; Dammed If he Doesn't though now isn't he?

Edited by slystallone

yup,

why not come out today and say Im very unhappy we have lost and I will work with the lads to turn it down ,

to say he was happy with it is just a fkin joke!

because if he did that he is admitting he isnt doing his job properly..and nobody likes to admit to that.

i would much prefer him to come out and say.hands up,i got it wrong,we didnt perform and ill take all the flak on my shoulders and not the team...we must improve 100% or were going to make it very difficult for ourselves...

but he wont.

think if we get beat saturday then he has to go..its the proverbial 6 pointer now saturday

because if he did that he is admitting he isnt doing his job properly..and nobody likes to admit to that.

i would much prefer him to come out and say.hands up,i got it wrong,we didnt perform and ill take all the flak on my shoulders and not the team...we must improve 100% or were going to make it very difficult for ourselves...

but he wont.

think if we get beat saturday then he has to go..its the proverbial 6 pointer now saturday

If he showed half the integrity Gregan showed last night he would be much more liked than by the fans,

Impressed me that did from Greegs !

but its the fact he never ever admits he got it wrong or that it was a bad performance!