Penney Keeps the Faith

because if he did that he is admitting he isnt doing his job properly..and nobody likes to admit to that.

i would much prefer him to come out and say.hands up,i got it wrong,we didnt perform and ill take all the flak on my shoulders and not the team...we must improve 100% or were going to make it very difficult for ourselves...

but he wont.

think if we get beat saturday then he has to go..its the proverbial 6 pointer now saturday

Nah; not having it.

Again; for the record; I'm not a massive DP 'inner'; nor am I an angry DP Outer.....

BUT; if not for 2 bits of ludicrous defending; we were the better team last night; and IMO showed that; given time and personnel; DP just might turn it around.

We were a threat going forward, scored 2 and went close on numerous other occasions plus a solid save from their 'keeper from Lewis Guy and a top class saved from Eaves header to boot.

DP has no control whatsoever in terms of Reuben & Greegs decision making in the split seconds it took for them to f-up -anyone who thinks he's directly responsible for that is a fool. Yes, defending should be worked on all week in training & I'll wager it is; but individual errors cannot be attributed to DP; I mean it's not like he has a pair of boots on and is out on the pitch is it?

I happen to agree with DP comments post match:

Lomax was poor (& I bet good money he wont be near the starting X1 come sat) - I agree

We were much improved; were a threat and played pretty well for large parts - the defensive mistakes aside we were good value for the win IMO. - I agree

Millar was a bright point on full debut; Eaves did well when he came on. - I agree.

This Penney bashing has gotten to point now where anything & everything he does will be criticised on here and during games (encouraging the team anyone? No; ah we'll - bat on with your sh*te Yorkshire Barsteward song then.....)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This Penney bashing has gotten to point now where anything & everything he does will be criticised on here and during games (encouraging the team anyone? No; ah we'll - bat on with your sh*te Yorkshire Barsteward song then.....)

At which point would you support the fans being legitimately pissed off enough to have a say ?

by the way the wool is pulled over a few fans eyes on here by the time we are relegated is the only time they will be pissed off

Reminds me of the American generals at Pearl Harbour ignoring all the warnings of impending doom...until it was too late :)

I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! this morning :)

Edited by oafc0000

At which point would you support the fans being legitimately pissed off enough to have a say ?

End of the game; whilst counter-productive IMO - if you have to, do it then.

During the game - nah - not at all.

All nice & quite until the 3rd went in; then they came out. We had 20+ mins left to play at that point. I wonder if 2 of the many chances we created had gone in and we got a result whether all those who were singing the anti songs would then have been big enough to admit their mistakes? Doubt it. Supporting the team in a positive manner in our current plight gets in the way of that brilliant Sh*te Yorkshire Barsteward song don't you know?

During the game erks me like mad - it's really going to spur on the team hearing that isn't it.

End of the game; whilst counter-productive IMO - if you have to, do it then.

During the game - nah - not at all.

All nice & quite until the 3rd went in; then they came out. We had 20+ mins left to play at that point. I wonder if 2 of the many chances we created had gone in and we got a result whether all those who were singing the anti songs would then have been big enough to admit their mistakes? Doubt it. Supporting the team in a positive manner in our current plight gets in the way of that brilliant Sh*te Yorkshire Barsteward song don't you know?

During the game erks me like mad - it's really going to spur on the team hearing that isn't it.

So once all the players, manager and board members have gone home... Then we get to have our say :huh:

by the way the wool is pulled over a few fans eyes on here by the time we are relegated is the only time they will be pissed off

But surely; hand on heart after pre-season and lets say the first 10 games into the season; did you honestly think that it would be any different?

Poor comparative budget = poor standard of player.

He inherited poor players; was able financially wise to bring in only a poor standard of player - and you were expecting Play-offs.

Reality check needed.....

And; I'm as gutted as the next man / women about our current predicament; just I was realistic enough to see it coming a while ago. I still think we'll be OK; as there are unbelievably 4 poorer teams than us in this division.

But surely; hand on heart after pre-season and lets say the first 10 games into the season; did you honestly think that it would be any different?

Poor comparative budget = poor standard of player.

He inherited poor players; was able financially wise to bring in only a poor standard of player - and you were expecting Play-offs.

Reality check needed.....

And; I'm as gutted as the next man / women about our current predicament; just I was realistic enough to see it coming a while ago. I still think we'll be OK; as there are unbelievably 4 poorer teams than us in this division.

Thought TTA said he has the same budget as Shez?

You must one hell of a loud voice then; to be heard at BP from that way away?

Oh I saw this mess long before and got out and saved myself the misery... Around the same time everyone was saying what a fantastic appointment it was going to be :(

I got out partly down to the happy clapper mentality leading us off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings.

Edited by oafc0000

Thought TTA said he has the same budget as Shez?

In relation to:

Leeds

Norwich

Charlton

Colchester

Millwall

Southampton

to name but a few.

We've had what was to be expected this season - I'm gutted about that; I really am; but it was surely to have been seen coming no?

I see your point Sly but they're was big teams in the league when Shez was in charge and we managed top half finishes,

I personally think a better manager would have us mid table this season, it was never going to be a promotion charge but I thought it would be comfy mid table transition not the bag of :censored: that its turned out to be :angry:

I see your point Sly but they're was big teams in the league when Shez was in charge and we managed top half finishes,

I personally think a better manager would have us mid table this season, it was never going to be a promotion charge but I thought it would be comfy mid table transition not the bag of :censored: that its turned out to be :angry:

I think we would of excepted mid table this season.. Two points from relegation isn't on though...

Not directly popping at you at all; just today i'm feeling drawn to defend DP & I dont like it one bit!!!

I looked at the pre-season games (as best as you can with them) and on the early games; and rapidly came to the conclusion that we'd struggle this season.

You need your fair share of luck in Football; and but for bad luck; we'd have had sodd all this season!!

That withstanding; I do think DP has deficiencies as a Manager tactically; there are things I'd have liked him to have sorted out by now & addressed and there are times when I wish he'd think how things he says are going to come across before he says them - but he is far from the anti-Christ and he is undeserving IMO of the level of personal abuse he is being subjected to.

But as I say; with players of the standard of Brill, Whittaker, Lomax, Parker, Worthy (on ability not effort) and others; then, hand on heart; I knew we were on for a struggle.

Edited by slystallone

Lomax has barely played this season, yet starts ahead of one of Penneys Signings.

An unknown kid starts ahead of one of Penneys signings on the right wing.

March and we're still chopping and changing. No settled team because the players just arent good enough!!

Penney didn't sign Jacobsen, Corney did, ditto Colbeck.

Oh yea, he signed Furman an all.

Who's the boss?

Not directly popping at you at all; just today i'm feeling drawn to defend DP & I dont like it one bit!!!

I looked at the pre-season games (as best as you can with them) and on the early games; and rapidly came to the conclusion that we'd struggle this season.

You need your fair share of luck in Football; and but for bad luck; we'd have had sodd all this season!!

That withstanding; I do think DP has deficiencies as a Manager tactically; there are things I'd have liked him to have sorted out by now & addressed and there are times when I wish he'd think how things he says are going to come across before he says them - but he is far from the anti-Christ and he is undeserving IMO of the level of personal abuse he is being subjected to.

But as I say; with players of the standard of Brill, Whittaker, Lomax, Parker, Worthy (on ability not effort) and others; then, hand on heart; I knew we were on for a struggle.

I agree, a lot of the reasons people are giving for why he should go (lack of effort, commitment, passion and other intangibles) are harsh or totally inaccurate.

He should go because of the lack of goals and poor results. He has been unlucky and there isn't a lot more that he could've done IMO. But he still should be sacked.

Penney didn't sign Jacobsen, Corney did, ditto Colbeck.

Oh yea, he signed Furman an all.

Who's the boss?

I've heard the same; along with Windass and Ormerod on loan last season too.

Edit: and Kevin Maher too; forgot I was in the club shop as he was talking about bringing him in on his mobile (sorry; cell) phone.

Colbeck I think is Penney's signing; as he had him on loan at Darlo; but I've heard the same stories about Furman & JJ.

Never i fan of Chairman signing players above the manager - the Spanish way just baffles me; how can a manager work with players who he hasn't signed & didn't want.

Sometimes I wish SC would stick to Football Manager on his Laptop......

Now that is very interesting. I wonder how many of these signings have been Penney's, and how many Corney's.

Corney is delighted by the kosher connection. “Each one of those boys is there on merit, Agent Matt Kleinman begged me to take Dean,

Corney quoted in the Jewish Chronicle in October last year.

Nah; not having it.

Again; for the record; I'm not a massive DP 'inner'; nor am I an angry DP Outer.....

BUT; if not for 2 bits of ludicrous defending; we were the better team last night; and IMO showed that; given time and personnel; DP just might turn it around.

We were a threat going forward, scored 2 and went close on numerous other occasions plus a solid save from their 'keeper from Lewis Guy and a top class saved from Eaves header to boot.

DP has no control whatsoever in terms of Reuben & Greegs decision making in the split seconds it took for them to f-up -anyone who thinks he's directly responsible for that is a fool. Yes, defending should be worked on all week in training & I'll wager it is; but individual errors cannot be attributed to DP; I mean it's not like he has a pair of boots on and is out on the pitch is it?

I happen to agree with DP comments post match:

Lomax was poor (& I bet good money he wont be near the starting X1 come sat) - I agree

We were much improved; were a threat and played pretty well for large parts - the defensive mistakes aside we were good value for the win IMO. - I agree

Millar was a bright point on full debut; Eaves did well when he came on. - I agree.

Nobody sung any anti Penney songs until the last, maybe, 10 games or so. It was all positive stuff before then. So can you tell me why we were still sliding down the league??

How many songs did you and all the other happy clapping whingers start last night?? How many exactly??? The only person I heard starting off any positive chanting was me. Three "come on oldham" and "oh when the blues" a couple of times. Nobody else did in the RRE or from the George Hill from what I could hear. Can't comment on the Chaddy.

It seems the most vocal the happy clappers get is on here where their voices are very loud. But like all the other apathetic hand-sitters at BP, never pipe up at the game.

Penney is getting stick BECAUSE HE IS LEADING THE CLUB TO RELEGATION. Does this compute??? Do you really, actually care??