Gannon To Become Manager

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did nowt at motherwell and the last time i looked peterborough were still bottom of the champonship,yeah would make a great appointment....

Motherwell fans loved him until it became clear that he wasn't going to sign a contract.

Definition of success for Motherwell is a top 6 finish. They were 4th/5th for his time there.

As for Posh, ask their fans what they think of him. The 3 I know are gutted that he's not staying on. 4 of their 7 wins this season have come under Gannon who has only been there 5 minutes.

The comments suggesting Gannon wouldn't be able to work with this board are interesting.

We need a strong manager. If board level interference makes that impossible then the board need to change.

Agree with that.

Gannon is an abrasive character. But I would suggest that if you agree a budget with him and leave him to get on and do the job we will see:

- better football

- younger (and lower paid) players

- occasionally baffling team selection

- occasionally baffling tactics

- another player loved by the crowd leaving after a fall out every few months

- the occasional hammering

- more wins than defeats

- improving league position

- a genuine challenge for promotion in the second season

- bigger crowds

Looks a good mix to me.

Peterborough relegated. Gary Johnson set to be named manager tomorrow:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ap...om-championship

Go on then, let's fire Penney and get Gannon in....why not?

Why not, well the disruption could see us relegated.

But I can see the appeal.

Could Gannon get this team 2 wins and a draw from the last games.

I am not so sure.

Would Gannon be even interested, I remain to be convinced.

I am not so sure.

The time to rock the boat is after the season has ended.

I think we're plan B. A return to Edgeley Park is plan A.

The other problem with Gannon is that he apparently shops in Morrisons.

Gannon has given his word that he will manage Stockport County next season after two of his friends have put a bid together after the Melrose consortium have been rejected time and time again.

Gannon is not the answer, I think if Penney is to go there is more Managers out there than ever.

David Pleat maybe ???? (Tongue in cheek btw) :wink:

Fully agree with the second line, as senor coconut said, gannon + our fans + current regime = match made in hell.

I am not so sure.

But consider the following.....

- You have just turned down a lucrative job at Peterboro as your family wants to stay in the north west.

- You have child number two on the way

- Oldham Athletic come in with a firm job offer offering you a comfortable wage.

- Takeover at stockport is by no means guaranteed and your 'friends' have yet to put in a bid.

Do you turn down the opportunity to manage in league one with a respectable (as in not the highest by a mile but also by no means the lowest) wage budget, in order to hold out for a possible job in league 2, which I imagine would still be on a very tight budget.

There's some sense in that, but Gannon's probably also looking at Oldham and thinking that managers haven't lasted long there of late. He'd be looking for a 3 year contract I think. And let's be honest - our noisiest and dimmest fans will be calling for his head by February.

The time to rock the boat is after the season has ended.

I think we're plan B. A return to Edgeley Park is plan A.

The other problem with Gannon is that he apparently shops in Morrisons.

Not a problem at all. I work at Morrisons :disappointed:

There's some sense in that, but Gannon's probably also looking at Oldham and thinking that managers haven't lasted long there of late. He'd be looking for a 3 year contract I think. And let's be honest - our noisiest and dimmest fans will be calling for his head by February.

I don't think he's been keen on contracts.

He'd rejected one at County and hasn't had one at Motherwell or Posh.

I don't think he's been keen on contracts.

He'd rejected one at County and hasn't had one at Motherwell or Posh.

That works both ways, if he is really good and a bigger club comes in, then theres not much to stop him from leaving.

If he is crap, then wont cost us much, if anything, to get rid

Did we approach Gannon in the summer?

I'm wondering why we went for Penney instead of Gannon in the summer did we interview him?

Because Penney was free to walk out on his contract at Darlington so no compo needed. Gannon was still at Stockport when Penney was announced Robins would also of cost compensation. Adams was free but who knows if we was interested?

Because Penney was free to walk out on his contract at Darlington so no compo needed. Gannon was still at Stockport when Penney was announced Robins would also of cost compensation. Adams was free but who knows if we was interested?

I thought he had already quit.

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Fully agree with the second line, as senor coconut said, gannon + our fans + current regime = match made in hell.

But consider the following.....

- You have just turned down a lucrative job at Peterboro as your family wants to stay in the north west.

- You have child number two on the way

- Oldham Athletic come in with a firm job offer offering you a comfortable wage.

- Takeover at stockport is by no means guaranteed and your 'friends' have yet to put in a bid.

Do you turn down the opportunity to manage in league one with a respectable (as in not the highest by a mile but also by no means the lowest) wage budget, in order to hold out for a possible job in league 2, which I imagine would still be on a very tight budget.

Problem with that is a team can't enter two consecutive seasons in administration, which if this buyout doesn't happen before the fixtures are released then Stockport will drop lower then ever, if I recall correctly...the conference wont have them an neither will the blue square north for the same reasons so the italic outcome is most likely.

There's some sense in that, but Gannon's probably also looking at Oldham and thinking that managers haven't lasted long there of late. He'd be looking for a 3 year contract I think. And let's be honest - our noisiest and dimmest fans will be calling for his head by February August 2010.

Just spotted this error, os thought it only right to correct it for you.