The Jewish Connection

After reading on here about players being signed to Oldham by the ‘Kosher connection’ I was wondering how true this is and if as a club we are discriminating positively and looking at faith and beliefs to pick a player rather than ability.

http://www.thejc.com/sport/sport-news/blac...-league-his-own Blackman.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading on here about players being signed to Oldham by the ‘Kosher connection’ I was wondering how true this is and if as a club we are discriminating positively and looking at faith and beliefs to pick a player rather than ability.

http://www.thejc.com/sport/sport-news/blac...-league-his-own Blackman.

Well I'm pretty sure Furman and Colbeck were Penney's signings. I think the real revelation is either:

- There is a secret conspiracy to sign players from Yorkshire clubs, :ranting::ranting: or;

- Penney is a secret Jew :ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

I think we should be told.

Well I'm pretty sure Furman and Colbeck were Penney's signings. I think the real revelation is either:

- There is a secret conspiracy to sign players from Yorkshire clubs, :ranting::ranting: or;

- Penney is a secret Jew :ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

I think we should be told.

A Yorkshire Jew? Double negative which makes it a positive surely?

Bet he lives in Alyidley Leeds.

There is only one way to find out:

Penney get your hands out of your pockets and drop them trousers.

Yep, like I said Jewish connections are fine....

This was a genuine question to see how many we had. Personally I've no interest in faith, colour or shoe size. I can see how it can go off the rails. I was just interested to see how many recent signings have a Jewish background.

My issue would be that players aren't being signed on ability and of the above none have particularly shone although Jacobson looked steady when he wasn't injured.

This was a genuine question to see how many we had. Personally I've no interest in faith, colour or shoe size. I can see how it can go off the rails. I was just interested to see how many recent signings have a Jewish background.

My issue would be that players aren't being signed on ability and of the above none have particularly shone although Jacobson looked steady when he wasn't injured.

Fair play, my comment was a request to all members.... Not a dig at the thread poster.

Penney is the fall guy for the massive problems we have at the club.

It's beyond dispute that Corney has brought players in over Penney's head, seemingly purely on the basis of their religion. That is a disgrace, the disgrace being the owners are having input in team affairs. Corney's gone public in the past saying he could do a better job than the manager, well on the basis of his 'recommendations' so far I think we can safely put that argument to bed. If we didn't already have Jacobsen for example perhaps we could have held on to Sheehan for the season, or even signed him in August instead of Jacobsen, who's mediocre to put it kindly. Same with Furman, who as a creative midfielder is in the 'Vinnie Jones' mould. Blackman didn't pull up any trees either, far from it.

Personally i'm deeply unhappy with the board apparently using this club as a vehicle for furthering their personal or business ambitions/contacts. The agreement with the Jewish owned Hungarian club where a number of their youth players benefitted from the expertise of professional coaching at our expense for months, none of whom were remotely near good enough for our first team, what was all that about? we seemingly did the same with a young Jewish Australian lad, again his Australian club happens to be Jewish owned.

Surely the point of a club's youth policy should be recruiting players who have the potential to break into the first team, not 'doing favours' for friends or business acquaintances by coaching their players? I may be totally wide of the mark here but I would be amazed if the time and expense the club invested on the Hungarians and the Australian lad couldn't have been more beneficial spent on kids with equal or better ability based in Greater Manchester.

If Corney is to continue playing 'Football Manager' with our club then at least he could attempt to bring in Jewish players who are of sufficient quality to improve the team? How about trying for Benayoun? or seeing we're short on centre halves, Walter Samuel?

It's beyond dispute that Corney has brought players in over Penney's head, seemingly purely on the basis of their religion. That is a disgrace, the disgrace being the owners are having input in team affairs. Corney's gone public in the past saying he could do a better job than the manager, well on the basis of his 'recommendations' so far I think we can safely put that argument to bed. If we didn't already have Jacobsen for example perhaps we could have held on to Sheehan for the season, or even signed him in August instead of Jacobsen, who's mediocre to put it kindly. Same with Furman, who as a creative midfielder is in the 'Vinnie Jones' mould. Blackman didn't pull up any trees either, far from it.

Personally i'm deeply unhappy with the board apparently using this club as a vehicle for furthering their personal or business ambitions/contacts. The agreement with the Jewish owned Hungarian club where a number of their youth players benefitted from the expertise of professional coaching at our expense for months, none of whom were remotely near good enough for our first team, what was all that about? we seemingly did the same with a young Jewish Australian lad, again his Australian club happens to be Jewish owned.

Surely the point of a club's youth policy should be recruiting players who have the potential to break into the first team, not 'doing favours' for friends or business acquaintances by coaching their players? I may be totally wide of the mark here but I would be amazed if the time and expense the club invested on the Hungarians and the Australian lad couldn't have been more beneficial spent on kids with equal or better ability based in Greater Manchester.

If Corney is to continue playing 'Football Manager' with our club then at least he could attempt to bring in Jewish players who are of sufficient quality to improve the team? How about trying for Benayoun? or seeing we're short on centre halves, Walter Samuel?

Can you substantiate that comment? (in bold above) :huh:

I will admit when you first started posting I was a bit unsure of what you was getting at etc. I now think you are raising some important and serious questions.

Edited by oafc0000