Your team needs you Sat 3rd April

Okay we all know its not be the season we hoped and this Sat's game is cruical for a win for us.

I am going to throw this out there tonight and In light of Chris Taylor's comments in tonights Chronicle quote:

"Speaking for myself, I am a bit worried sometimes going out on to the pitch," said the frank 23-year-old.....

"You hear the fans after you make a mistake and sometimes it does get to you when you are on the ball.

"You have to try to ignore it, get on with it and do your job to get out of this situation.

"There are a lot of nervous players, you can tell that. They aren't playing with the level of confidence that allows them to show that they are good players. Unquote

This has been echoed many times by Gregan too, our Captain asking for your support

So, how about we give them a shot, I know some don't deserve it and they have many chances to prove themselves and I know some of you think why the hell should we?

Its a novel idea but then if we do back them and they cock it up, then they can't say its the pressure from the fans can they.

Its easter guys - "season of....oh hell, not good will as that's xmas...season of the chockie crackpot egg"

Is it worth a go?

Additional- wardle has come up with a fantastic idea on another thread - your words to the players and he will try and put them up in the changing room on sat. Show your support, get your message over

Edited by underdog

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay we all know its not be the season we hoped and this Sat's game is cruical for a win for us.

I am going to throw this out there tonight and In light of Chris Taylor's comments in tonights Chronicle quote:

"Speaking for myself, I am a bit worried sometimes going out on to the pitch," said the frank 23-year-old.....

"You hear the fans after you make a mistake and sometimes it does get to you when you are on the ball.

“You have to try to ignore it, get on with it and do your job to get out of this situation.

"There are a lot of nervous players, you can tell that. They aren't playing with the level of confidence that allows them to show that they are good players. Unquote

This has been echoed many times by Gregan too, our Captain asking for your support

So, how about we give them a shot, I know some don't deserve it and they have many chances to prove themselves and I know some of you think why the hell should we?

Its a novel idea but then if we do back them and they cock it up, then they can't say its the pressure from the fans can they.

Its easter guys - "season of....oh hell, not good will as that's xmas...season of the chockie crackpot egg"

Is it worth a go?

Of course it's worth a go. Encouragement has never been bad for a team.

The players are clearly fragile particularly at home.

To be fair, for the most part the fans haven't been on the platyers backs but we need points and that must come first so I'll second Underdog lets give it a go.

COME ON YOU BLUES.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wonder who provided Glynn with those photos :wink: Took me ages!

“You have to try to ignore it, get on with it and do your job to get out of this situation.

Is it worth a go?

I'll join you, UD.

In fact, all you "let's get behind the team for once" lot, why don't you join me in the block behind the goal in the RRE, just for this game and see how we get on?? I've a big gob, so I'll start 'em all off if you want?

Come on, put your money where your mouths are and let's see if you can sing as good a game as you can talk. I know I can.

How about it? You all know who you are.........

I await your replies.

I picked this up off a Millwall message board:

That handful of supporters in the North Stand done themselves proud on Saturday. and gained my unbridled admiration. About one hundred and fifty of them , they watch their side get stuffed 5-0 which includied two own goals , pissing with rain for the journey home and they STILL stood and clapped their players off the pitch. Next season they may not even have a club. They are your true football supporters and deserve to be acknowledged as such, not you Premiership hero worshippers , cum Glory Hunters. Well done "Hatters"

Those supporters may not inspire Stockport's escape from relegation, but they appear to have responded to adversity somewhat more positively than many Latics' fans.

Of course it's worth a go. Encouragement has never been bad for a team.

The players are clearly fragile particularly at home.

To be fair, for the most part the fans haven't been on the platyers backs but we need points and that must come first so I'll second Underdog lets give it a go.

COME ON YOU BLUES.

Well i'm going to golly well cheer my blinking team on no matter what the outcome ...If there where six thousand of me on the terraces we would be already promoted...

PROUD TO BE ASSOCIATED AS OLDHAM'S NUMBER ONE

FAN

no blinking moaning from me :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I picked this up off a Millwall message board:

Those supporters may not inspire Stockport's escape from relegation, but they appear to have responded to adversity somewhat more positively than many Latics' fans.

I remember doing something similar at Walsall years ago when they went up and we were struggling. Think we got brushed aside 3-0. And we sung our hearts out all the way through. So much so that the Walsall fans who ran on the pitch at the end (think it was the last game of season) gave us all a standing ovation.

Ahhhhh crazy days....... :blush:

I remember doing something similar at Walsall years ago when they went up and we were struggling. Think we got brushed aside 3-0. And we sung our hearts out all the way through. So much so that the Walsall fans who ran on the pitch at the end (think it was the last game of season) gave us all a standing ovation.

Ahhhhh crazy days....... :blush:

3-1 (Dux bagged ours) it was hard that day with nick henry and Pointon playing for the Saddlers - even though the situation was so desperate with Stitch's team of kids, I always held out hope with this lot this season there's no hope. To stay up you need to score goals I just can't see it unfortunately. I'm past booing it's counter-productive I just go for wibblewibblwibble approach with my bottom lip or the head in hands. The hope has died, I'll be there Saturday, of course I will but I expect to see Gillingham bag their first win of the season against a team that just does not know how to win games.

"There are a lot of nervous players, you can tell that. They aren't playing with the level of confidence that allows them to show that they are good players.

Sounds like some of the players need to grow a set of bollocks and get on with it.

Sounds like some of the players need to grow a set of bollocks and get on with it.

I'll thow in a pie and and pint if your willing to make the journey 0000 to see if they have grown a pair between them - or share Gregans :wink:

I'll join you, UD.

In fact, all you "let's get behind the team for once" lot, why don't you join me in the block behind the goal in the RRE, just for this game and see how we get on?? I've a big gob, so I'll start 'em all off if you want?

Come on, put your money where your mouths are and let's see if you can sing as good a game as you can talk. I know I can.

How about it? You all know who you are.........

I await your replies.

Your on....I usually just to the side of the goal near the away fans in the RRE but I cross over to the dark side on Sat games as I have my two young nephews with me. Look out for me about 10 rows up from the bottom.

Its one game guys lets muster some atmosphere we all can enjoy - so that's two of us in the RRE.

Harry - are you on the case for the Chaddy and where is Diego these days.

So what about the main stand? - you guys up for it too? Any takers?

I'll thow in a pie and and pint if your willing to make the journey 0000 to see if they have grown a pair between them - or share Gregans :wink:

:lol:

Nice offer :) My baby is now 7 days overdue and I am praying like crazy that the wife will flood the carpet asap... Not much chance of me getting to a game in the next couple of weeks.

I think I might make an appearance before end of the season if the baby gets a move on and I can obtain a pass out from the wife.

Edited by oafc0000

Can I have a pie and a pint, please? I'm travelling up. i'll pass on the offer of Greegs' naughty bits, if that's OK with you. :shock:

Your on....I usually just to the side of the goal near the away fans in the RRE but I cross over to the dark side on Sat games as I have my two young nephews with me. Look out for me about 10 rows up from the bottom.

Its one game guys lets muster some atmosphere we all can enjoy - so that's two of us in the RRE.

Harry - are you on the case for the Chaddy and where is Diego these days.

So what about the main stand? - you guys up for it too? Any takers?

I haven't been in the RRE since the 70s, so I think I might give it a go.