Your team needs you Sat 3rd April

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a bit of DP's Blue White Army going?

Should drown out the chavs, at least?

If you mean the 'chavs' who sing Penney out in the RRE they are entitled to their opinion as they pay their dosh. While I think that Underdog has put plenty of time and effort in to this and I am prepared to give it 150% tomorrow........ but please..... please..... please..... do not try to turn this into a Dave Penney is our king theme because you will undo all of her good work and I for one aint in if that is the way it's going. I will back the player's all the way but the knob has all but relegated us so dont be getting excited wanting people to back your obvious hero.

If you mean the 'chavs' who sing Penney out in the RRE they are entitled to their opinion as they pay their dosh. While I think that Underdog has put plenty of time and effort in to this and I am prepared to give it 150% tomorrow........ but please..... please..... please..... do not try to turn this into a Dave Penney is our king theme because you will undo all of her good work and I for one aint in if that is the way it's going. I will back the player's all the way but the knob has all but relegated us so dont be getting excited wanting people to back your obvious hero.

Unless I'm wrong, it's not about Penney. I don't care if he stands on the touchline scratching his arse, does somersaults in the centre circle or doesn't even bother turning up. This is about getting right behind those wearing the shirt and yelling, singing, shouting them on with encouragement and make them believe that we believe we can stay up.

WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN, SAY WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN

Unless I'm wrong, it's not about Penney. I don't care if he stands on the touchline scratching his arse, does somersaults in the centre circle or doesn't even bother turning up. This is about getting right behind those wearing the shirt and yelling, singing, shouting them on with encouragement and make them believe that we believe we can stay up.

WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN, SAY WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN

I totally agree. All as I am saying is there are plenty of songs to back the team....... but...... Dave Penney's blue and white army??????? Aint happening. Anybody who starts chanting his name will send it all the wrong way....... I'm telling you now. You will turn a thousand heads! Keep it real and be sensible.

I totally agree. All as I am saying is there are plenty of songs to back the team....... but...... Dave Penney's blue and white army??????? Aint happening. Anybody who starts chanting his name will send it all the wrong way....... I'm telling you now. You will turn a thousand heads! Keep it real and be sensible.

I get what you're saying Lancy, but it is his team at the moment. We could always "Do a Plymouth" a la Aviva ad, and just make it "Blue Army, Blue Army"

:comeon::OWTB1::bluearmy: :bluearmy:

:ktf:

I know the DP song is not appropriate tomoz. What I wanted and hope the rest of us did was just to forget who our angst is against - manager, players, owners as they come and go.

But to remember its the club that is the constant and its the club that needs the points to stay in this division.

My other thread has nominated " we love you oldham" as the rally cry and if you hear it near you, or in an opposite stand then its a fellow fan who asking for your voice and to be counted upon.

If we can get through 90 mins then great or even up to the point we we conceed first and its then enough for some. Then no-one has the right to point to us fans and say we didn't preform because of us. Lets eliminate us out of the excuses of a poor game/non win for just one game and try and be one voice for one moment no matter how fleeting it is.

I know the DP song is not appropriate tomoz. What I wanted and hope the rest of us did was just to forget who our angst is against - manager, players, owners as they come and go.

But to remember its the club that is the constant and its the club that needs the points to stay in this division.

My other thread has nominated " we love you oldham" as the rally cry and if you hear it near you, or in an opposite stand then its a fellow fan who asking for your voice and to be counted upon.

If we can get through 90 mins then great or even up to the point we we conceed first and its then enough for some. Then no-one has the right to point to us fans and say we didn't preform because of us. Lets eliminate us out of the excuses of a poor game/non win for just one game and try and be one voice for one moment no matter how fleeting it is.

Fair play and again I agree. I would suggest that people dont sing anti DP or pro DP songs during the game. Lets all back the team! I will do my best to not have a dig at the clueless pillock tomorrow and will encourage others around me to do the same during the game (some of you with a higher tolerance do not know how hard that will be).

100% together from 15:00 through to 16:45 tomorrow hopefully! KTF.

We sing even bloody louder

Yes and I will too, but I understand if some of us throw the towel in at that point.

but 5mins from kick off to that point of "we love you oldham" might inspire a few good touches and a possible shot on target don't you think?

Yes and I will too, but I understand if some of us throw the towel in at that point.

but 5mins from kick off to that point of "we love you oldham" might inspire a few good touches and a possible shot on target don't you think?

underdog i think you should be allowed into the dressing rooms today to give the pre match team talk,if anyone is going to put some fire in their bellies it's you.Maybe you could also give DP a belt to free his hands up :grin:

underdog i think you should be allowed into the dressing rooms today to give the pre match team talk,if anyone is going to put some fire in their bellies it's you.Maybe you could also give DP a belt to free his hands up :grin:

Oh trust me Yarddogs depending on how they have performed they could get the "right lets get back out there, its ours for the taking".......or......" Get a chuffing grip will ya, that netting between those two white sticks is called a goal, get shooting at it all you all down to specsavers for eye test and getting guide dogs too, Jesus H Christ"...speech.

Then again, I would have needed to get past Pav Abbotts legs at that stage to get into the dressing room...oooooooo :wink:

And breath.....I deal with apprentices at the college and the poor buggers get me first before they walk through the door in Sept, as a non-teacher, I can tell them how it is to a certain degree. Especially those that have to work in construction/engineering - they need the "when I am talking you listen or there is the door " speech, they need to respect a supevisor/teacher or they could caused accidents in the workplace.

Rather than a accident on the pitch eh....... :grin:

Fair play and again I agree. I would suggest that people dont sing anti DP or pro DP songs during the game. Lets all back the team! I will do my best to not have a dig at the clueless pillock tomorrow and will encourage others around me to do the same during the game (some of you with a higher tolerance do not know how hard that will be).

100% together from 15:00 through to 16:45 tomorrow hopefully! KTF.

Lancy I appreciate any support your prepared to offer and its touching that you have been prepared to listen and give this a shot too

I can't and won't ask for more and those players had better play their tripe out today and better not use us as excuses of why they can't after todays game if this comes off.

I am getting ready, I am making the effort today - I have just washed my hair - no excuse like not going to the game today - need to wash my hair for me. :wink: