Our catalyst for survival...

92/93 it was the goals of Neil Adams and the form of a rejuvenated Stevie Redmond that kept us up.

95/96 it was the goals of Lee Richardson

98/99 Young Innis coming into the team alongside Shez

03/04 Murray was truly the catalyst once his contract begun to run down, but he was massive in us surviving

04/05 The goals of Beckett and Killen

09/10 ?????? I'm struggling, I really am....Pav aside who is going to step up to the plate and score the goals or put in the performances that make all the difference?

92/93 it was the goals of Neil Adams and the form of a rejuvenated Stevie Redmond that kept us up.

03/04 Murray was truly the catalyst once his contract begun to run down, but he was massive in us surviving

09/10 ?????? I'm struggling, I really am....Pav aside who is going to step up to the plate and score the goals or put in the performances that make all the difference?

Gregan has as well already - but you're right, it's time now for others to 'step up to the plate' and produce the goods that they are being paid to produce to keep us up.

Although he's not been great I've seen flickers from Taylor that have made me think he is trying to get back to the player he was. I would love it if he could get whatever monkeys he has off his back and tear a team up sometime soon.

Pains me to say it but Kirk Millar.

Hate putting the young lad starting his professional career under so much pressure but with him on the right scaring the bejesus out of defenders creating space for Taylor on Tuesday night left Chris with space. Sadly more often than not he chose to come inside every time rather than exploit the space properly - having said that he did create our second. Shame Jacobson is injured, could do with an overlapping fullback, hope Black plays today.

THe catalyse this season (as I have queried in another thread) could be Sean gregan. Obviosuly everyones player of the season, and most consistent , but the meeting the meeting he states he had with DP and also the players could be vital.

Pains me to say it but Kirk Millar.

Hate putting the young lad starting his professional career under so much pressure but with him on the right scaring the bejesus out of defenders creating space for Taylor on Tuesday night left Chris with space. Sadly more often than not he chose to come inside every time rather than exploit the space properly - having said that he did create our second. Shame Jacobson is injured, could do with an overlapping fullback, hope Black plays today.

I was going to suggest this myself Kirk Millar could do for us now what Mark Innes did for us in 98-99 came in to the team and wasn't the best or most important player but came in and gave us a little bit of spark. I'm not saying its all down to him nothing but we can't expect to shove him in and say keep us up, but he can make a significant contribution. He was the one major positive from midweek if he shows the same kind of positivity that he did to just get in their and have a go, because at the end of the day thats all we can ask him to do. Plus it might free up some space on the other side for taylor.

When you put it like that, it is very worrying!

But there are teams worse than us - we will stay up.

Don't forget the legendary Paul Beavers...

Erm....Lewis Guy?

Don't see what the lad's done wrong. But for a cracking save by the keepers arse vs Brentford at 1-1 (I thought it was a bad miss till I saw the replay) that could've and should've been 2-1 and we probably go on to win. Turning to Saturday, but for Gregan getting nailed a few times and rising back up again, Guy would've been MOTM. His running was excellent, his goal well taken and I think the lad is good folly for Abbott now they've had a few games together.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Erm....Lewis Guy?

Don't see what the lad's done wrong. But for a cracking save by the keepers arse vs Brentford at 1-1 (I thought it was a bad miss till I saw the replay) that could've and should've been 2-1 and we probably go on to win. Turning to Saturday, but for Gregan getting nailed a few times and rising back up again, Guy would've been MOTM. His running was excellent, his goal well taken and I think the lad is good folly for Abbott now they've had a few games together.

Like every other striker we get on loan, he is wank!

Lewis Guy - He works hard, reminds me of a quicker paul warne, but lacks the nouse he had (due to age). I think he's alright and feel much better with him in the side than parker.

Dale Stephens is by far and away our best midfeilder. His play for the goal on saturday was excellent and I think we have really missed him before that. I'd say he will be the one to show the extra class and keep us up.

The Lewis Guy thing is interesting.

1) His pedigree elsewhere is mediocre.

2) I'd have subbed him at half time v Gillingham and brought Eaves on.

3) He's won the penalty and scored the goal that have produced the last 2 wins.

I'd hate to see him signed permanantly. There must be better out there. He looks lightweight to me and I think we need a little bit more muscle up top, especially as Pav seems to think he should have a free kick for the slightest of nudges.

But Guy is better than Parker. He has been important in terms of points gained for the side. And he's the one that Penney is going to rely on for the next few games.

(I notice Hefferlump has gone back to Donacaster btw - I wonder why they didn't prefer to recall Lewis Guy?)

I don't think we do have a catalyst or anyone capable of spurring us on to improved form and results, but hopefully we can grind out a couple of results against Bristol Rovers and Southend at home and that should be enough to see us safe. :unsure:

Seems you are right, not sure the meeting with Gregan and the players had much effect!

C'mon Sean, c'mon team. Two wins it's in your hands.

1) His pedigree elsewhere is mediocre. Average I'd say

2) I'd have subbed him at half time v Gillingham and brought Eaves on. Hah!

3) He's won the penalty and scored the goal that have produced the last 2 wins. So why would you have subbed him at ht????

I'd hate to see him signed permanantly. There must be better out there. He looks lightweight to me and I think we need a little bit more muscle up top, especially as Pav seems to think he should have a free kick for the slightest of nudges.

But Guy is better than Parker. He has been important in terms of points gained for the side. And he's the one that Penney is going to rely on for the next few games.

(I notice Hefferlump has gone back to Donacaster btw - I wonder why they didn't prefer to recall Lewis Guy?)

Guy is the man for me - only seen him once but he showed enough to convince me that he has something - get him running at the defence and he will create chances and score one or two.

Closely followed by Taylor, Stephens & Pawel - Gregan at the back and ....Brill :huh:

1) His pedigree elsewhere is mediocre.

2) I'd have subbed him at half time v Gillingham and brought Eaves on.3) He's won the penalty and scored the goal that have produced the last 2 wins.

Gotta hold my hands up...I was saying exactly the same thing. I didn't think he'd been in the game first half. Shows what i know.

STEVE OUT!! :grin:

Gotta hold my hands up...I was saying exactly the same thing. I didn't think he'd been in the game first half. Shows what i know.

STEVE OUT!! :grin:

To be fair, Harry Redknapp's wife would have scored the goal on Sat. In fact, even Frank Lampard SNR's wife could have scored it. It was all down to Steo's slide rule ball.

I feel the catalyst will be the asbo squads march over the weekend. All 12 of them hanging round the civic car park on Saturday has caused such a reaction that I can feel a 'backs to the wall' mentality coming round. Lets prove those lads and their parents (who I presume dropped them off and may have even followed their march in the car just in case it rained, anyway I digress) that we aren't 'rubbish' or 'plop' and give these die hard fans something to tell their grandkids about.

I truly believe that this group of down on their luck tykes could really have unlocked the key to Dave Penny's attacking heart. I believe Dave will want to produce the goods in fear of reprisals from the angry, grumpy and hormonal mob.