Our catalyst for survival...

Cant win really. Guy should be a player loved by tics as he is in the Warne mold. Runs his heart out, not prolific but keeps defenders busy. Creates space for others.

As for catalyst. Gregans consistency obviously but Millar a big bonus looks to have what it takes.

Puts Allessandra under pressure and Smalley will have to improve.

WHEN we get safe Millar, Eaves, Stephens etc will have learned a lot to build upon for next season. Still think Brooke will be a star. We have missed Hughes goals far more than people have shouted about. Its only the lack of goals that has us under pressure but that comes from lack of creativity, final ball.

I 100% agree Hallam, I wrote something similar the other week.

DP has blooded the kids in quite well, more so now when he has not had to out of neccsdity as much.

I think it will have done them a lot of good.

Next season could be when some of them kick on and start stakng a claim for a regualar spot.

And hopefully they will. We must not forget though, in any normal situation they woudl still be being blooded in.

Youth is the way to go for us. JR has said it and I think it is right for us.

I think dP is the right person to instill that discipline in them

Few youths, few good honest Sean Gregan types, and the odd bit of quality in the middle.

I think it is why this season is disappoiinting, on paper it should have been much better.

Hopefully we get safe quickly and soem lessons learned, nad quickly sorted.

Edited by singe

I 100% agree Hallam, I wrote something similar the other week.

DP has blooded the kids in quite well, more so now when he has not had to out of neccsdity as much.

I think it will have done them a lot of good.

Next season could be when some of them kick on and start stakng a claim for a regualar spot.

And hopefully they will. We must not forget though, in any normal situation they woudl still be being blooded in.

Youth is the way to go for us. JR has said it and I think it is right for us.

I think dP is the right person to instill that discipline in them

Few youths, few good honest Sean Gregan types, and the odd bit of quality in the middle.

I think it is why this season is disappoiinting, on paper it should have been much better.

Hopefully we get safe quickly and soem lessons learned, nad quickly sorted.

we have not had our number 1 player available,purdie...he was supposed to be dp's best signing and hes been out injured all season,maybe he is what we have been missing...

people still dont think guy is good enough to play alongside pav.....maybe its pav whos not quick enough to play alongside guy???

he has got bags of pace,knows where the goal is,always wants the ball isnt affraid to have a shot and will put his foot in....what more does he have to do to prove himself...

we have not had our number 1 player available,purdie...he was supposed to be dp's best signing and hes been out injured all season,maybe he is what we have been missing...

people still dont think guy is good enough to play alongside pav.....maybe its pav whos not quick enough to play alongside guy???

he has got bags of pace,knows where the goal is,always wants the ball isnt affraid to have a shot and will put his foot in....what more does he have to do to prove himself...

Interesting comment that about Pav...he's frustrated me a little bit in the last 2 home games. I guess his greedy streak has kept our heads about the water this season as he's had it all to do himself, but a few times in the last 2 home games he's had chance to play someone in and instead, gone it alone. He's made some poor decisions on the ball. Also, Guy was furious with him in the 2nd half on Sat when he cut the ball back and just as Pav couldn't reach it, the defender made a hash of it and presented it for Pav....Pav was too busy throwing a paddy at Guy for the ball not reaching him tho then they started arguing. I do think the more they'll play together, the better the two will get.

As for Guy being the long term answer? Don't know. He's not done much wrong since arriving though. He's probably about right for the level the clubs aspiring for at present....10th to 19th in League One. Make of that what you will!

Interesting comment that about Pav...he's frustrated me a little bit in the last 2 home games. I guess his greedy streak has kept our heads about the water this season as he's had it all to do himself, but a few times in the last 2 home games he's had chance to play someone in and instead, gone it alone. He's made some poor decisions on the ball. Also, Guy was furious with him in the 2nd half on Sat when he cut the ball back and just as Pav couldn't reach it, the defender made a hash of it and presented it for Pav....Pav was too busy throwing a paddy at Guy for the ball not reaching him tho then they started arguing. I do think the more they'll play together, the better the two will get.

As for Guy being the long term answer? Don't know. He's not done much wrong since arriving though. He's probably about right for the level the clubs aspiring for at present....10th to 19th in League One. Make of that what you will!

i must admit im feeling the same way,you cant knock pavs goals,if it wasnt for them we would indeed be up :censored: creek....

but like you say the last couple of home games...he wants the ball to his feet,yet waits for it to arrive,instead of moving towards it..there defenders cut it out 4 or 5 times on saturday,when a decent ball was played through,had he moved towards it to accept then lay it off we could have been in some very good shooting positions.

guy seems to be reading games better as well and anticipating a bit better also...pav is looking leggy and could probably do with a break,but until were deffo safe it wont happen...he also seems to want too much time to think about his shot....

i think the more they play together the better it will be,and i wouldnt be upset if we signed him permanantly next season...were hardly brimming with pace upfront are we

Pawel Abbott looks to me like an outstanding player who has been outstanding for us all season, and I cannot accept criticism of his performances - not when he's been playing the game half fit for significant portions of the year! He may look like he isn't moving too far, but to my mind he is a guy who plays the game in his head and when he is waiting for the ball into feet he is also thinking about where to release it and what he has to do to get there.

To be honest I don't think we are going to find catalysts in this team, simply because we don't need them. If we did go down this year, then there would be nobody to blame but the guys on the pitch and in the dugout because there are some desperately poor teams in this league - if we finish in the bottom 6 we should be embarrassed. It isn't about having one man step up, the team has more than enough about it to not go down.

That said, Stephens has been a massively positive influence on this second half of the season, Gregan has looked like a leader and Abbott has had a tremendous season all thhings considered. They're the bedrock of our team, and hopefully the base from which we'll build next year.

Stephens, Millar, Brooke, Eaves, Black, Jacobsen, Colbeck, Lee, Smalley and Taylor are all in positions to play big roles for us next year and all are young enough to have room to get better.