Cricket

Lancs have lost the toss in their season opener against Warwickshire and will bat first.

Could be the one this year...? Ahh, we say that every bloody year!

The new OT looks very nice though, sun shining and what not.

Might pop down tomorrow afternoon if the sun holds... there has to be some advantage to this unemployment hell afterall.

Shambles of a team, crap signings over the summer (Sangakkara apart). Will this be the year? Will it heck.

EDIT: Just checked the score and we're 10/3. Start as you mean to go on boys.

Edited by jsslatic

Why Smith plays is beyond me. My source tells me his nose is browner than Mel B's nips.

Put a batsmen opening and drop Smith for Hogg. Get Sutton out and give Cross the gloves.

Moore should prove to be a good bit of business as should Powell. Powell might mean we can recover from losing Jimmy and Saj if they are playing for England. With Saj now being :censored:e that should mean he doesn't get any call ups.

Why Smith plays is beyond me. My source tells me his nose is browner than Mel B's nips.

Put a batsmen opening and drop Smith for Hogg. Get Sutton out and give Cross the gloves.

Moore should prove to be a good bit of business as should Powell. Powell might mean we can recover from losing Jimmy and Saj if they are playing for England. With Saj now being :censored:e that should mean he doesn't get any call ups.

I tend to agree with you on Smith, he used to be regarded as a bowler who batted a bit and now seems to be regarded as a batsmen who bowls a bit.

Truth is he does neither very well, last season he averaged about 20 with the bat and about 40 runs per wicket with the ball, he needs to reverse those 2 stats.

I don't think Saj will be bothering the England selectors too much either.

Done well to recover. Problems of last year still remain though, we can't bat. The top order fails again and they can't rely on Croft and Chapple to pull them out of trouble all season. The number of batting points we picked up last year was depressing!