Southampton game in doubt?

With it being a Tuesday night, and our terrible record on long haul Tuesday night games, Hardy decided to give flying a go to see if it would improve the performance, with it being the end of the season and all that, as i know quite a few of the squad get coach sick, being on a coach for so long, so the club paid and booked flights for this game with an overnight stay after the game.

With it being a Tuesday night, and our terrible record on long haul Tuesday night games, Hardy decided to give flying a go to see if it would improve the performance, with it being the end of the season and all that, as i know quite a few of the squad get coach sick, being on a coach for so long, so the club paid and booked flights for this game with an overnight stay after the game.

A sensible thread from you - Wow!! :o

From the lead stories on the news last night; they expect the dust to clear by Monday; so I think the flights will be OK.

Edited by slystallone

The lads may end up in the Frog & Frigate until 4:00am but, with the Dog-gate reputation, they'll need to get in before the restriction applies at 1:30pm. B)

Well, I'll say now. If the game gets called off for that reason we'll be well in with the relegation race due to those points we'll get deducted.

More chance of the pope getting arrested for covering up child molesting crimes in his own church.

I best start changing my comparative analogies though as they are getting a little out of date.

How do you know they are flying and people get sick ?

I've just had it confirmed that the team are now to travel by boat. Gregan can't stand trains as he was once caught short on one, a senior member of staff believes that Hazel, Lomax and Steer should not be allowed on any sort of public coach / bus and Dave Penny is too lazy to walk.

The ferry sets sail on Sunday and goes via Amsterdam and Edinburgh.

The players are meeting outside the chron office at 7.15am on Sunday.

I've just had it confirmed that the team are now to travel by boat. Gregan can't stand trains as he was once caught short on one, a senior member of staff believes that Hazel, Lomax and Steer should not be allowed on any sort of public coach / bus and Dave Penny is too lazy to walk.

The ferry sets sail on Sunday and goes via Amsterdam and Edinburgh.

The players are meeting outside the chron office at 7.15am on Sunday.

about time this partide ended IMO

1.) If the flights are looking dodgy on Monday then we will have to coach it- I'm with OS we will get points deducted otherwise

2.) Its my meterological understanding that the problem is at 30,000 feet and I'd be highly surprised if the Manchester to Southampton plane gets that high

3.) Considering Glasgow is clearing up a bit (they've had some transatlantic flights depart/arrive) I'd be highly surprised if the dust cloud is a problem on Tuesday.

1.) If the flights are looking dodgy on Monday then we will have to coach it- I'm with OS we will get points deducted otherwise

2.) Its my meterological understanding that the problem is at 30,000 feet and I'd be highly surprised if the Manchester to Southampton plane gets that high

3.) Considering Glasgow is clearing up a bit (they've had some transatlantic flights depart/arrive) I'd be highly surprised if the dust cloud is a problem on Tuesday.

Im more surprised youve all believed Latics are flying down , considering who started this topic..............

Your meterological (whatever that is) understanding is wrong.

The problem was at 20k feet and is now falling as the ash settles - where depends on the wind. As for MAN/SOU flights I guess whether they get up to 20k depends on the aircraft and ATC.

Barring further eruptions (entirely possible) I'd be amazed if there's still a problem on Tuesday.

With all this volanic ash the team won't be able to get there schdueled flight on Monday unless conditions improve. Lets hope the mist clears as i have already booked the travelodge down there. And before anyone asks, no i'm not going checking Manchester airport.

So let me get this straight, with all this ash around the team won't be able to get to Soton you say.

And later you say Hardy decided to give the flights a go, and an overnighter to try and improve performance.

So why go to all that expense and all you have booked is a a Travelodge for them?

Blue_PIzza Out!

So let me get this straight, with all this ash around the team won't be able to get to Soton you say.

And later you say Hardy decided to give the flights a go, and an overnighter to try and improve performance.

So why go to all that expense and all you have booked is a a Travelodge for them?

Blue_PIzza Out!

You've lost me? The travelodge is for me.