Scholes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll never play for us.

If you had choice, would you choose at least £40k a week for the odd game in luxury or £5k a week being battered by every player wanting to make a name for themselves and constantly under a spotlight? The guy is extremely private and would never, ever risk himself to such media attention.

Even if we pulled out all the stops and offered £20k a week it wouldn't be worth it for him or us.

The lad may have mentioned - or have been misquoted - that he's a diehard Oldham fan. Attending the odd game and having a father who supports the club doesn't necessarily mean he's loyal to the cause and have a dream to end his career here. He's more likely to be as passionate for United (or even more so) having played there for so long, life-time friends there and the likelihood of a coaching career to boot.

Bin those blue-tinted glasses and accept that sentiment in the game died back in 1994 when the Prem got rich....and we missed out.

Of no importance to Latics anymore. One year on and Scholes will be ineffective as a pro player.

Yeah that Sheridan was rubbish when he hit 35 and don't talk to me about Eyres. Sometimes you don't think before you type do you?

Time to say sorry to Mr Scholes and the owtb members I feel.

Sheridan's game wasn't about running around putting himself about and getting into attacking midfield positions to score goals, so his skills survived longer. I wouldn't assume Scholes would be ineffective but I'm not sure he has the silky passing skills or vision to compensate for loss of pace and stamina.

I wouldn't assume Scholes would be ineffective but I'm not sure he has the silky passing skills or vision to compensate for loss of pace and stamina.

Have you never seen Paul Scholes play football? i dont think he'll come but he'd be the best player we have ever had even at 36. See what these guys think and decide if Zidane or Lags knows more:

Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes."

Edgar Davids, Holland midfielder

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation."

Zinedine Zidane

"Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Scholes. He knows how to do everything, and he is one who directs the way his team plays. On top of that, he has indestructible mental strength and he is a genuine competitor."

Thierry Henry, French forward

Have you never seen Paul Scholes play football? i dont think he'll come but he'd be the best player we have ever had even at 36. See what these guys think and decide if Zidane or Lags knows more:

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation."

Zinedine Zidane

"Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Scholes. He knows how to do everything, and he is one who directs the way his team plays. On top of that, he has indestructible mental strength and he is a genuine competitor."

Well said!

Paul Scholes would be untouchable at this level, this year or for another 3 or 4 afterwards. Agree that he'd be a target for hackers which will no doubt put him off, but the idea that he lacks the silky passing to be the greatest player this level of footy has ever seen is absurd!

Zinedine Zidane

bloody clueless foreigners... :tongue1:

Did you even read my post? I didn't say he was bad or overrated, but that the skills he's famed for are the ones that will decline faster than the passing skills and vision of someone like Sheridan. Those quotes are irrelevant to my point.

Did you even read my post? I didn't say he was bad or overrated, but that the skills he's famed for are the ones that will decline faster than the passing skills and vision of someone like Sheridan. Those quotes are irrelevant to my point.

If Zidane says he is "the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation" then I reckon he will be able to pick the odd pass in the 3rd division.

Dear me, Scholes' game has been about his passing for years. He hasn't been a goal machine for ages. The office munich is pissing himself that some people on here cant see how good he'd be.

Scholes has vastly superior passing skills and vision compared to Sheridan!

Yeah that Sheridan was rubbish when he hit 35 and don't talk to me about Eyres. Sometimes you don't think before you type do you?

Time to say sorry to Mr Scholes and the owtb members I feel.

You've have as much chance of my doing that as you have of doing an orbit around Mars. After the day I've had I've been very polite.

If Zidane says he is "the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation" then I reckon he will be able to pick the odd pass in the 3rd division.

Dear me, Scholes' game has been about his passing for years. He hasn't been a goal machine for ages. The office munich is pissing himself that some people on here cant see how good he'd be.

And when would he be passed it?

That's probably the funniest thing I've ever read on any forum!