• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I think TTA must have some really good press contacts who are good at talking up players.

Does the lad show promise? Yes.

Did he look talented on Soccer AM Skills School a couple of years back? Yes.

Has he scored yet? No.

Has he missed a couple of sitters? Yes.

Has his presence changed the result of any game? Don't think so.

If they can bag £250k for him now, with some sort of "when he plays for England" clause added in it would be good business. While I have high hopes for him, I don't think he's established that sort of value on his head just yet.

Edited by opinions4u

I can understand why the barcodes are sniffing around him, since he scored a cracker against them in the youth cup last year (at least I think it was him). However, they have amongst their younger strikers- Ranger, Ameobi jnr, LuaLua jnr, as well as Andy Carroll (who isn't 21 yet- but only if they can keep him out of prison). Quite simply it makes no sense for the Barcodes to be spending money on a player who is still learning the game and whilst played a bit for us could do with a full season at this level to gain some more experience.

I'm sure this is the same for Wigwam and the bubble blowers, this is simply paper talk and in a few weeks the same clubs will be linked with another youth prospect from a League 1 club for roughly the same amount of money who only those from that club have heard from.

I can understand why the barcodes are sniffing around him, since he scored a cracker against them in the youth cup last year (at least I think it was him). However, they have amongst their younger strikers- Ranger, Ameobi jnr, LuaLua jnr, as well as Andy Carroll (who isn't 21 yet- but only if they can keep him out of prison). Quite simply it makes no sense for the Barcodes to be spending money on a player who is still learning the game and whilst played a bit for us could do with a full season at this level to gain some more experience.

I'm sure this is the same for Wigwam and the bubble blowers, this is simply paper talk and in a few weeks the same clubs will be linked with another youth prospect from a League 1 club for roughly the same amount of money who only those from that club have heard from.

Think we've had this conversation before, Good Doctor - it was Brookey that scored our goal that night :wink:

You know, I think TTA must have some really good press contacts who are good at talking up players.

Does the lad show promise? Yes.

Did he look talented on Soccer AM Skills School a couple of years back? Yes.

Has he scored yet? No.

Has he missed a couple of sitters? Yes.

Has his presence changed the result of any game? Don't think so.

If they can bag £250k for him now, with some sort of "when he plays for England" clause added in it would be good business. While I have high hopes for him, I don't think he's established that sort of value on his head just yet.

I have to disagreee on selling him now, this is one to keep for a season or two as I know even bigger clubs than these mentioned here are interested.

Edited by BP1960

He was terrible, Penney was right when he's said he one for the future. People always seem to jump the gun on here. <_<

Shhhh... you cant say things like that. He's the savior, not a rather inexperienced kid.

If someone offers anything over £250k for him - snap their hands off. Move onto the next kid who might make it.

Shhhh... you cant say things like that. He's the savior, not a rather inexperienced kid.

If someone offers anything over £250k for him - snap their hands off. Move onto the next kid who might make it.

Saves me typing it.

He does have potential.

Who made the half time draw today?

300k?

We couldn't get 300k for a talented Welsh international right back.....or 20 goal League Two striker.

Well put a high price tag on a unproved kid who has potential will scare a team off and allow us to development him and maybe being vital in the next few seasons

Here we go again. Tom, pack your bags. Neal will show you the best way.

We're such a poisonous bunch it's unreal.

where have you got such a negative/cynical view from ? Oh, maybe the 2 behind me one of whom called him a 'Lanky C**t' and the other one ' Eaves you're fu**ng :censored:'

I love our supporters too.

where have you got such a negative/cynical view from ? Oh, maybe the 2 behind me one of whom called him a 'Lanky C**t' and the other one ' Eaves you're fu**ng :censored:'

I love our supporters too.

Those sorts of fans follow every team....

Here we go again. Tom, pack your bags. Neal will show you the best way.

We're such a poisonous bunch it's unreal.

Indeed.

That would be ':censored:' Neal Eardley who could well be playing Premier League football next year!

:blink:

wasn,t impressed today bad first touch no where near ready if someone wants to pay 300k i,d take it

You could say that about pretty much every member of our squad this season. Eaves probably isn't really ready to be thrown into the first team at the moment, but the way Abbott's playing it can't do any harm. He looks like Bambi on the ice most of the time but at least he's keen.

Yeah, can't believe a 17/18 year old isn't the finished article already. Slacker, bin him, waste of space.

niether me or anyone else would expect him at 17/18 to be the finished article but at that age i would expect him to be able to control a ball.

i didn,t mean my earlier comment to sound nasty but we have no money and if someone were to offer that much for eaves i,d take it