Manager Choice....

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue
He hardly set the world alight at Huddersfield a couple of seasons back. Did he have to deal ''with players who were once his team mates'' there?

Lets pretend he never played for, or managed us (Change his stats from when he managed us, to a.n other club) Would everyone still be screaming for his appointment?

People only want him because he's a Latics legend from back in the day!

We all saw how it worked out for Big Joe last season. It will put a few extra bums on seats for a while, but what happens if/when it starts going wrong?

Who are u talking about ?.....if it's Andy Ritchie look at his Barnsley record....for true reflection of his ability.

OK Carl you as usual express your views quite strongly, yet in this case and as in many others give absolutely no clear explanation or reasons for making your opinion the right one for the club, what did Andy have to say about you when he was at the club...?...and you had the role you had....OK the the past is exactly that.

Now give us a logical reasons to why you prefer Frank Bunn as a Manager when he has absolutely no experience of being one !....and why on earth would he take preference over Andy Ritchie who has experience and as far as I'm aware never did anything wrong in all his time at the club and as I've said never had a chance to be his own man at Boundary Park.

With that final comment I have to say I remain seriously concerned that he and any other appointee, would have great difficulty in 'being their own man'... whilst we have the office of C.E.O. plus extras !...at the club, being paid substantial sums of money - that and to use your method - we can't afford under any circumstances.

The new broom needs to come into B.P. before I and any of my family ever come back to B.P.....whilst Oliver remains at the club, never, ever.......you would feel exactly the same under the circumstances as we know them, many other people who have been lifetime fans feel the same and stay away.

Regards as always.... :grin:

In a nutshell, I make no secret of the fact that I would like us to make a progressive appointment. We have gone for what seemed to be the safe option with Moore, Penney and Talbot, all with experience in the lower leagues and promotions on their CV's. For varying reasons neither of them worked. IF the right candidate comes along who shows he has the right qualities and the desire and hunger to make a name for himself in management, but lacks the experience in management, I don't think we should turn our noses up.

Andy Ritchie is a latics legend and always will be. But he has been out of the game for about two years, since he was sacked as huddersfield manager I believe. And if media reports were anything to go by, he has been overlooked for several jobs since then, including the Grimsby Town job and Northampton. The bottom line is when most of our fans assess Ritchie's qualities, they do so with the blue tinted specs on. Others with no association with the club, don't. And since leaving Latics he has been sacked, twice. And has not managed to get another job in management since being sacked by Huddersfield. What does that say about AR as a manager?

Frankie Bunn on the other hand was up until recently, coach of Coventry City. He has a very good reputation in football as a coach. Yes he has little management experience but as explained above, but if he genuinely wants a crack at management, I think he is in a better position than AR at the moment.

Hope that answers your question.

As for the 'what did Andy have to say about you when he was at the club...?' well considering I was still at school, probably something along the lines of 'I've already give you my autograph about five times, now sod off'

Just heard on radio scotlands sports programme that gannon is known throughout scottish football as the "drawing pin" cos hes a we prick with a big heed after his spell up there .

A mate of mine is a Motherwell fan and they hated him with a passion. He apparently used to do interviews stating that Stockport were better that the majhority of SPL teams, It may be true but probably not the best way to endear yourself to the locals.

He did say that standard of football went right down hill though after he left until Brown came in.

Was speaking to Andy Goram last night and he said that Gordon Durie had applied for the job. I didnt think he had any coaching experience elsewhere, but I may be wrong.

Ifound ont interweb he was Youth Coach at Rangers Centre of Excellence Murray Park in 2008. Not sure since then.

So plenty of contacts there.

No. Not the new BP design, or the revised Failsworth project. But Rangers £14m :shock: Centre of Excellence.

Murray Park

His son plays for Rangers youth, can play in all the defensive positions. Capped at Scottish U19's

But been crocked most of the season (he will fit in well.)

Chapel Rod might be a bit of a comedown.....

Roger Palmer and Earl Barret as new management team :wink:

A black manager and assistant?!?!?!?!

You obviously have not read the signs of the apocolypse

You can have either a black manager or black assistant, not both, otherwise Hells gates will open an billions of Ronnie Moores will rise and destroy the beautiful game, taking over FIFA and making football into a quidditch style game where the ball cannot touch the floor!!!