Oldham Fans !

This season has been an example of how bad things have turned. Less than 600 gone to huddersfield is a shambles and i dont want to hear " oh the cost is too dear " bollocks ! if we was pushing for promotion and we had them on a tuesday night away we would of taken over 1,000. Yeah the football hasnt been great and the manager has been a dick but still attendances have still been hitting the 5,000 mark when we have been in this mess before (Talbot Era).

This season has been by far the worst season at latics fan wise. The atmosphere hasnt been there, the attendances have definatly not been there and its hitting the club hard. I know people decided to vote with there feet to get penny out but did the people who did vote with there feet think for one second what it would do to the club ?

People moan about oh the players are not good enough etc etc but how the hell can we afford players who are capable of pushing for promotion when the fans ( who basically pay for these players ) dont turn up to home games which as we have seen this season will cut our playing budget for next season.

Now penny has gone lets try and get our average gate back other wise the club will eventually die and we will only have ourselfs to blame.

KEEP THE FAITH !

KEEP THE FAITH ! makes me cringe such a mong of a slogan delete it please, its awkward its like telling ur girlfriend you love her.

Back on topic..........

It is a vicious circle. No fans, no money. No money, no team, no fans....

This season has been an example of how bad things have turned. Less than 600 gone to huddersfield is a shambles and i dont want to hear " oh the cost is too dear " bollocks ! if we was pushing for promotion and we had them on a tuesday night away we would of taken over 1,000. Yeah the football hasnt been great and the manager has been a dick but still attendances have still been hitting the 5,000 mark when we have been in this mess before (Talbot Era).

This season has been by far the worst season at latics fan wise. The atmosphere hasnt been there, the attendances have definatly not been there and its hitting the club hard. I know people decided to vote with there feet to get penny out but did the people who did vote with there feet think for one second what it would do to the club ?

People moan about oh the players are not good enough etc etc but how the hell can we afford players who are capable of pushing for promotion when the fans ( who basically pay for these players ) dont turn up to home games which as we have seen this season will cut our playing budget for next season.

Now penny has gone lets try and get our average gate back other wise the club will eventually die and we will only have ourselfs to blame.

KEEP THE FAITH !

Do you have mortgage/rent to pay mate, Children, Bills??

Not a dig but a genuine question.

When I had none of these responsibilities the thought of actively deciding not to go to Latics was a foreign one, Circumstances change that

Edited by longtimeblue

KEEP THE FAITH ! makes me cringe such a mong of a slogan delete it please, its awkward its like telling ur girlfriend you love her.

why is it ? it has a strong meaning to fans like myself. mong is a disgusting word and shouldnt be used !

exactly, why didnt people vote with there feet under talbot ? why didnt people vote with there feet before ? which the money situation now which is not just effecting football, latics needs us fans more than ever. i know season ticket sales have shot up over weekend but we NEED to get 5,000 + next season.

Do you have mortgage/rent to pay mate, Children, Bills??

Not a dig but a genuine question.

When I had none of these responsibilities the thought of actively deciding not to go to Latics was a foreign one, Circumstances change that

To true LTB,thing is i have tried to renew my season ticket on-line because i haven't got a spare £300 lying about,

and apparently i haven't got one :unsure:

why is it ? it has a strong meaning to fans like myself. mong is a disgusting word and shouldnt be used !

exactly, why didnt people vote with there feet under talbot ? why didnt people vote with there feet before ? which the money situation now which is not just effecting football, latics needs us fans more than ever. i know season ticket sales have shot up over weekend but we NEED to get 5,000 + next season.

Can't see this happening Lee but I think the timing of the appointment of the new manager will have a major affect on how many ST's are sold. If it's a Latics 'legend'...could sell more, but I'd prefer someone that will do a good job which will hopefully boost attendances anyway.

i am not talking about season tickets alone but im talking about more people coming to home games. at the moment we are a league 1 club with a league two attendance. it needs to improve if we want to move forward as a club.

The only way it can improve is by us attracting people from different ethnic backgrounds like has been suggested before. If they put £££ into the club, I couldn't give a flying fook who comes to the games. From the Pope to Gary Glitter....if they paid, I don't care.

The only way it can improve is by us attracting people from different ethnic backgrounds like has been suggested before. If they put £££ into the club, I couldn't give a flying fook who comes to the games. From the Pope to Gary Glitter....if they paid, I don't care.

Has nothing to do with someones ethnic back ground its about value for money and Latics isn't value for money. Maybe we could do more to attract those from ethinc moinorities I have no problem with anyones background I judge people solely on how they act. But to get our asian community involved then we would have to offer value for money which means good football first in a good stadium at affordable prices much the same as any other part of the community really.

i am not talking about season tickets alone but im talking about more people coming to home games. at the moment we are a league 1 club with a league two attendance. it needs to improve if we want to move forward as a club.

There's one solution: Get a winning team on the pitch.

Has nothing to do with someones ethnic back ground its about value for money and Latics isn't value for money. Maybe we could do more to attract those from ethinc moinorities I have no problem with anyones background I judge people solely on how they act. But to get our asian community involved then we would have to offer value for money which means good football first in a good stadium at affordable prices much the same as any other part of the community really.

Not being racist or anything but if asians came to latics we would be hitting the 6,000 + mark each game, because face there is more asians in oldham who support man u, chelsea, arsenal or may just dislike football.

Not being racist or anything but if asians came to latics we would be hitting the 6,000 + mark each game, because face there is more PEOPLE in oldham who support man u, chelsea, arsenal or may just dislike football.

mark why take that out ?

i was making a clear point that most people in oldham are asians who have no interest in latics or football.

think he's saying that it's generally PEOPLE in oldham that support manure etc, not just asians.