Odds for Next Manager

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ritchie, I've been thinking.

If VC aren't giving odds on Platt, I will give you Odds on my "up and coming" betting agency, "Sinnott, Whitehall and Sons."

Odds on Platt are 12/1. Minimum bet a fiver.

I wouldn't touch Whitehall with Omar's, and you know that Sinnott.

Favourites at the mo (in order) Crossley, Bunn, Gannon, Butt, Gray

Paul Simpson and Andy Ritchie were early favs but their odds have dropped dramatically

Amazing how that mirros the discussion on this thread too.

Edited by singe

I have a question....do we have to offer the new manager a fixed contract?

Is it written somewhere in a "managers union" that they have to a have a minimum amount of months or could the club not offer a basic with a "performance related" pay.

Or even better a three or six month probationary period like most of us have to go through in a new job - then if its not working its goodbye - without any severance/compensation.

Why the hell do we have to have lengthy contracts for managers?

In fact, what is the shortest time frame/contract ever given to a manager? any ideas?

Is it written somewhere in a "managers union" that they have to a have a minimum amount of months or could the club not offer a basic with a "performance related" pay.

Or even better a three or six month probationary period like most of us have to go through in a new job - then if its not working its goodbye - without any severance/compensation.

In fact, what is the shortest time frame/contract ever given to a manager? any ideas?

As far as I know you can offer them what you want. It's up to them to take it.

Gannon is renowned for not signing contracts and just working without one.

...and if he does well he'll be off elsewhere for nothing.

Rather that than get another penney on a 2 year contract and have to pay him off.

Dont know if you can include this in a managers contract, but say a year contract, then if he finishes say 12th or above, he automatically gets an additional year, having already agreed it this summer?

I know you can get clauses into players contract, on appearances based, say play 30 games and automatically get an extra year

And what calibre of manager would that get us?

Rather that than get another penney on a 2 year contract and have to pay him off.

Dont know if you can include this in a managers contract, but say a year contract, then if he finishes say 12th or above, he automatically gets an additional year, having already agreed it this summer?

I know you can get clauses into players contract, on appearances based, say play 30 games and automatically get an extra year

I reckon you can get any clause you want into a contract, it's just getting them to sign it.

If I were a sane manager I'd go nowhere near that contract with Oldham, unless I was seriously :censored:.

I reckon you can get any clause you want into a contract, it's just getting them to sign it.

If I were a sane manager I'd go nowhere near that contract with Oldham, unless I was seriously :censored:.

Am sure there are some rules around it, however could be mistaken.

If you was a sane manager with a point to prove, you may be tempted towards it, or a player wanting to get into management.

Otherwise yes, you would have to be crazy.

And what calibre of manager would that get us?

One that if he isn't cutting the mustard we can cut lose without a massive payout to the club. God knows what the cost ws to cut Penney loose - not pennies I bet.

One that makes promises and can deliver them - performance related or adios.

But like someone else has mentioned, Jim Gannon works without them and he keeps being mentioned as strong candidate.

So it is a possibility

However, I do take you point, we don't want a looney