England's 30 Man Squad

I think it's hilarious that Carragher's come out of international retirement just to p*ss Evertonians off by keeping Jagielka out of the squad.

I'd bet it has more to do with the chance to play in a World Cup...?

I'd bet it has more to do with the chance to play in a World Cup...?

No it's all part of the FA's conspiracy against Everton. So i'm getting told anyway. See also "it was the Scottish FA's fault that Duncan Ferguson went to prison".

Can't help thinking the squad looks weaker for no Beckham or Owen (fully fit and on form).

No :censored:. In my opinion the team, and squad, is noticeably weaker than in recent World Cups, '98 in particular.

Nobody should be arsed who goes and who doesn't - it wont make any difference to the final outcome.

No :censored:. In my opinion the team, and squad, is noticeably weaker than in recent World Cups, '98 in particular.

Nobody should be arsed who goes and who doesn't - it wont make any difference to the final outcome.

Actually, to correct myself squad depth may be improved, but the first team is clearly weaker.

Unfortunately for England squad depth isn't all that important over 4/5 games, 2 of which against likely also-rans.

Can the new English manager (:lol:) make the difference? Perhaps, I suppose....

If Zamora bags 5 in th ropey final do u think heskey might get the curly finger? Gonna have to start my old facebook page back up from the last world cup. I'd rather play with 10 than play with heskey. If he goes it will be a bloody travesty.

Heskey? Heskey? Emile Bloody Heskey? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

If you want a big physical striker to play with Rooney; then why not have one who is also a goal threat too? Zamora and Charlton Cole must be properly peed off!

Other than a presence to occupy the defenders; I don’t see what Heskey brings to the party. He doesn’t score nearly enough and his assists don’t compensate for his (severe) lack of goals. Be incredibly miffed if he goes – and if he does indeed go; then you have to think that Fabio will start with him too. Poor!

Joe Cole needs to be included for me; if it has to be at the expense of someone like Carrick then so be it – he’s a touch of class in the centre of the park; who can more than fulfil the left sided role if needed too.

Overall; I think we’re a poorer squad than previous tournaments – other than the likely 4 starts at the back (and includes JT who is out of sorts and Rio & Cole coming back from injuries); I think we look poor in defence; cover wise.

We have to pin all our hopes on 1 player pulling us single-handedly though the group stages & beyond – a truly world class Rooney will almost have to win it for us on his won!!

Edited by slystallone

That squad has got 4-5-1 written all over it, typical eyetie tactics.

The tactics will be exactly the same as they were in qualifying. Heskey and Rooney up front, Lampard and Barry (if fit) in the middle. Worked in qualifying, where we scored more goals than anyone else, so I can't see it changing.