y'know what forget it, give him and alessandra 5 year deals as they both shown that they might get their act together once they've been given a season to learn their trade and get us relegated.

ah, so now you are bringing alessandra into your argument because you are clearly wrong in the case of lee.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys i forgot you were all visionaries on the topic of right backs. :imnotworthy:

Hmmmmmmmm.

I’m not a visionary on Right backs, but I can spot one of the better performers of the last 2/3 months; be they a RB / CB / CM or ST.

I can sort of see (ish) what you may be getting at (again; ish!) – there was a bit of a clamour on here to get him in the side as a CM under both Shez & DP. I think his appearances at RB mean that if he wants a long term career in the game; that is the position he should be looking at playing; as I don’t see him being a CM.

At RB though he IMO has shown plenty of the characteristics that earmark him as a decent long-term bet in that position. He has composure on the ball & doesn’t panic when in possession of the ball – he rarely hoofs upfield in other words. He’s not slow and isn’t afraid to put his foot in. All these set him on a good standing at RB. He does however suffer from positional issues and has got caught out on more than 1 occasion – so that is an area ot be worked on.

I think he warrants a new deal; as long as wages aren’t inflated. Black has done enough too for a new deal IMO. Brooke; I’m not sure on; it may just be better spent elsewhere???

y'know what forget it, give him and alessandra 5 year deals as they both shown that they might get their act together once they've been given a season to learn their trade and get us relegated.

you want your dummy back ?

Why? He's done :censored: all in the two years he's been here, the finally decides to show 'promise' in the last few months before his contract is up.

Get rid.

thats a bit unfair not had much chance to show what he can do whilst fully fit,he is one that the return of the ressies has helped

I don't even think it's up for debate. He must be given a new deal.

His first touch and ball retention is fantastic for this level.

The only thing I would say is up for debate is how much. Not if we want him.

I can't think he'll want much of a raise, but I doubt he was on a small amount to start with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we offer him less than his current deal then he can walk for nowt, can't he?

The only thing I would say is up for debate is how much. Not if we want him.

I can't think he'll want much of a raise, but I doubt he was on a small amount to start with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we offer him less than his current deal then he can walk for nowt, can't he?

he won,t be getting a raise

No. If we offer a contract and he accepts elsewhere we will get a fee because he is under 24.

Are you certain, as surely this is a restriction of trade and against EU regulations.

We could for instance offer a player 1p a year* and keep hold of his contract rather than releasing him. Therefore restricting his ability to work for a living.

If it isn't against the rules, it soon will be.

*Alright, minimum wage.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Are you certain, as surely this is a restriction of trade and against EU regulations.

We could for instance offer a player 1p a year* and keep hold of his contract rather than releasing him. Therefore restricting his ability to work for a living.

If it isn't against the rules, it soon will be.

*Alright, minimum wage.

No, we would not be restricting his choice to work, he still has the option to decline the offer and move wherever he likes. Due to his age though, the buying club would just still have to compensate us for our part in his development. So we get a fee, that is all; no slavery going on at BP! :grin:

Oh, and as an afterthought, I would have thought that the amount of compensation would reflect any contract we offered. If we only offered him 1p a year, then we would not expect to receive much recompense for loing him.

Edited by bpmarko

Thats not right otherwise every young player we release we can offer minmum wage, they say no and when they sign elsewhere we'd get compo eg the wolf.

If we offer less than current deal then we lose the right to compo.

No. If we offer a contract and he accepts elsewhere we will get a fee because he is under 24.

not sure how this works but the clause in his contract says we can keep him another year if we wanted,however if the new contract is for less money i would have thought he could say no

Ah, forgot we had a good contact for all things Kieran Lee on the boards – I may well have got this wrong but is it that KL is the boyfriend of your daughter???

Can you confirm that we have indeed offered him a new contract? And that he wants to resign if the terms are agreeable?

Cheers

Sly

Ah, forgot we had a good contact for all things Kieran Lee on the boards – I may well have got this wrong but is it that KL is the boyfriend of your daughter???

Can you confirm that we have indeed offered him a new contract? And that he wants to resign if the terms are agreeable?

Cheers

Sly

yes