Biggest change next season

making jokes about munich? very funny

That just proves the entire joke went over your head.

Are you one of those people who still gets upset about Diana jokes?

(Here's one:

Why did Diana cross the road?

Momentum.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad even put it in quote marks. He didn't say, "I think Nicky Butt is a s m b" did he?

Chillax.

my point is why not call him a red **** or a utd ****?

why munich? "quote marks or not

if i make a joke about hillsborough but quote it or mean it in jest is that ok?

attempted humour or not imo it shouldnt be made into a joke because you dont like the team

i have mentioned it before aswell, im nor trying to have a go at one poster

For me a key factor in the demise of our club has been the cynisism that surrounds it.

I also feel (as I have stated previously) that this board doesn't help, the level of conspiricy theory and cynisism is incredible at times and seems to divide us rather than bring us together. For this reason I have been spending far less time on here in recent months after various spats over TTA and the Stadium debate with other members..... and to be honest I have felt far better for it.

One of the best things for me about supporting Latics used to be the togetherness of the support. It was a bloody big deal if you saw somebody in a Latics shirt on holiday, you formed an instant bond and probably enjoyed a few beers and a laugh talking about the club. Now we seem to have a culture of back-bitting and petty squabbling amongst ourselves that spills over onto Saturday afternoons.

If we stop the doom and gloom, and change the atmosphere around the place to a more positive one, maybe, just maybe it will help to turn things around on the pitch as well.

Absolutely agree.

Whoever is in charge need to be given a complete clean slate, and that includes Martin Gray.

And given that the budget is tight, they are going to need all the support they can get. I don't think some of our fans this season quite realised the massive gap in class/resources between the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Charlton, Saints, and us (I think some of them had wage budgets 6 times as big as ours).

Its time we started thinking long term, both club and fans, and give whoever is appointed the time to turn things around.

I find this idea that managers are not given clean slates silly... Every manager here has been...

Just for whatever reason, said managers have fecked it up...

I can only think of two managers who could have a claim to have deserved getting more time...

Warnock and Moores...

The rest had enough time to do something meaningful or where so bad they deserved to go...

I think too negative picture is painted of our supporters sometimes...

Edited by oafc0000

I find this idea that managers are not given clean slates silly... Every manager here has been...

Just for whatever reason, said managers have fecked it up...

I can only think of two managers who could have a claim to have deserved getting more time...

Warnock and Moores...

The rest had enough time to do something meaningful or where so bad they deserved to go...

I think too negative picture is painted of our supporters sometimes...

No I think its quite spot on depending on the fans mood.

I have lost my rag twice this season with two sets of fans.....one who lot who was calling a player of ours unjustly (Gregan's weight was the issue) and another set by singing too early in a game for the managers head.

I hate the song "where :censored:e and we're beating you..." - WTF!!!

If we are :censored:e, I am certainly not going to acknowledge it......we raise the players game by getting behind them not on their backs. Yes sometimes I think you don't deserve to pull on that shirt and get the hell off the park but having a go won't help. You have heard this from the players, the managerial staff, the fans and a fan who is a head shrinker too.

So yes, dump the negative vibes before you get into the ground will ya.

Get up and sing for your Club (not team as I know some of you have issues with certain players)

No I think its quite spot on depending on the fans mood.

I have lost my rag twice this season with two sets of fans.....one who lot who was calling a player of ours unjustly (Gregan's weight was the issue) and another set by singing too early in a game for the managers head.

Who says so ? You ?

No offence but you are not the authority on what people can or can not say.. If there is a problem in the support base its people like you who think every fan has to adopt the way you hold yourself and if you don't you will verbally attack them...

There is scene in the film ID... It shows loads of fans taking the piss out of there own player... Then the player scores and all as one they sing his name aloud...

Its called football... Its dead now I suppose...

Give me that over this bloody blind faith, love you to I die crap / won't hear a negative word uttered... Its boring..

Football is about passion... Not reason...

Edited by oafc0000

Get up and sing for your Club (not team as I know some of you have issues with certain players)

I think 90% of us had issues with 10 of our players in almost every game this season. Gutless t**ts. Never been so glad that a season has finished. And I'm not missing it one bit.

I think 90% of us had issues with 10 of our players in almost every game this season. Gutless t**ts. Never been so glad that a season has finished. And I'm not missing it one bit.

And some will say your not a decent fan for holding that view point :lol: Its beggars belief... :petesake:

ok I agree that we cant always be positive about the team, theres times when it is dire and there is no real way you can be happy,

but there seems to be a feeling in the club that people are almost looking for a way to be pissed off with the club, one such example was the norwich game where there was a beautiful passing movement where we countered quick and just narrowly missed scoring, immediately after this a fair few fans started boiing, where as most supporters would see that as a good effort and clap the team for it,

im not asking you to be happy all the time, just please think a bit more positive, if it is absolutely disgraceful fair enough, nothing we can say good about it, but in situations where we seem to be doing good just getting unlucky then please get behind the team.

I have no right to tell you what to do at matches but i can askyou to try and be positive to help the players get results, wether you like them or not, thats who we have

If we are sh*t i am going to acknowledge it, especially when it has taken me 5 hours to get to Yeovil (+ most other away games) and some of them cant be bothered to put a shift in. I acknowledge it probably doesnt help but when you are 3-0 down and have not had a shot on target no amount of support is going to turn the result and some time those pussys we have on the pitch ought to know what most fans are think of there efforts.

However if the effort is there from them all and we lose I can totally accept this

Edited by NIKI1234

fair enough, like I said I dont want negativity for negativity's sake, if we have played bad all game then theres no reason to be positive, but lets say we start off next season booing after 5 minutes or booing because last season the player was rubbish and your holding a grudge, thats when it becomes annoying,

getting behind the team will spur them on, they get good reactions they will enjoy it more and want to suceed

Who says so ? You ?

No offence but you are not the authority on what people can or can not say.. If there is a problem in the support base its people like you who think every fan has to adopt the way you hold yourself and if you don't you will verbally attack them...

There is scene in the film ID... It shows loads of fans taking the piss out of there own player... Then the player scores and all as one they sing his name aloud...

Its called football... Its dead now I suppose...

Give me that over this bloody blind faith, love you to I die crap / won't hear a negative word uttered... Its boring..

Football is about passion... Not reason...

From a fan who went to BP, remind me?....how many time last season?....offer of the free pie is still on if you wanna come in a feel the atmosphere of BP an what it truely is these days.

Movies are not reality - the terraces are.... and to have a go at a player because of his weight when he was so obviously the MOM is :censored:e. Authority no - but open your gob then yes if I don't agree I will say so and that is my right as I believe its called "freedom of speech".

My passion is to get behind the club so I sing, my moaning and a groaning I can do on here like you.

This thread is about a change in us fans, but some of us are maybe not so open-minded to the concept.

Hope you can get a game in next season and flavour what atmosphere there is

From a fan who went to BP, remind me?....how many time last season?....offer of the free pie is still on if you wanna come in a feel the atmosphere of BP an what it truely is these days.

Movies are not reality - the terraces are.... and to have a go at a player because of his weight when he was so obviously the MOM is :censored:e. Authority no - but open your gob then yes if I don't agree I will say so and that is my right as I believe its called "freedom of speech".

My passion is to get behind the club so I sing, my moaning and a groaning I can do on here like you.

This thread is about a change in us fans, but some of us are maybe not so open-minded to the concept.

Hope you can get a game in next season and flavour what atmosphere there is

Trace, I remember the game. It was Hartlepool, the 3-0 defeat. Gregan was terrible that game. Nowhere near Man of the Match.

I don't care who they are, if they are playing :censored:e and not putting the effort in, I will give them grief.

Gregan is fat, that's why people call it him.

If it's Gregan I'll call him a fat so and so. Taylor a ginger so and so. Parker a Jock so and so. Colbeck a waste of money. Whitaker a bald so and so.

and I agree too, the squad failed us fans and acknowledge it.

Now time to move on , lets get a new manager, some fresh faces in and kick off on a clean slate.

(well until one em drops a clanger at least... :wink: )

Trace, I remember the game. It was Hartlepool, the 3-0 defeat. Gregan was terrible that game. Nowhere near Man of the Match.

I don't care who they are, if they are playing :censored:e and not putting the effort in, I will give them grief.

Gregan is fat, that's why people call it him.

If it's Gregan I'll call him a fat so and so. Taylor a ginger so and so. Parker a Jock so and so. Colbeck a waste of money. Whitaker a bald so and so.

Lee who are you gonna pick on next season......can't wait for us to get some new players in so you can give them some nicknames and give the old squad a rest... :lol:

Was Hartlepool the Friday night match early Sept?...hmmm...

Maybe I am old school

Edited by underdog

and I agree too, the squad failed us fans and acknowledge it.

Now time to move on , lets get a new manager, some fresh faces in and kick off on a clean slate.

(well until one em drops a clanger at least... :wink: )

I will never forgive them for this season.

They will never understand the embarrassment of having to go into work on a Monday and have people asking you how Latics went on and then having to tell your collegues about their depressing Saturday afternoon!

I will never forgive them for this season.

They will never understand the embarrassment of having to go into work on a Monday and have people asking you how Latics went on and then having to tell your collegues about their depressing Saturday afternoon!

No they won't , however generations of latics fans can sympathise with you as we have all been there

I have to face a manure fan who, yesterday I gladly add, had the smile wiped off her face when I told her how much a ST is a BP compared to what she will be paying at OT. So we have odd moments as tics.

So although I understand your frustration as I was you age too, I think we will have to agree to disagree over how we support on the terraces.

A healthy respect I have but I will open my gob too if I feel its un-necessary though... :wink: