New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably went away because he thought someone else had got the job.

He might be getting some boozing practise in so he doesn't look a lightweight on the 'teambonding' sessions he will be bringing back ala Shez.

If its Crossley it really is a step down. We've basically hired the goalkeeping coach of a division 4 side who's manager we sacked. Can't have gone so low can we? Very sad. I'm not sure playing for Brian Clough should be enough to get you a managers job without some decent track record.

I hear David Platt is due back from Benidorm at some point today.

He might be getting some boozing practise in so he doesn't look a lightweight on the 'teambonding' sessions he will be bringing back ala Shez.

If its Crossley it really is a step down. We've basically hired the goalkeeping coach of a division 4 side who's manager we sacked. Can't have gone so low can we? Very sad. I'm not sure playing for Brian Clough should be enough to get you a managers job without some decent track record.

I hear David Platt is due back from Benidorm at some point today.

Yep, another yes man, like the proverbial Christian thrown to the lions - a relegation battle to ensue. If we thought last season was bad God help us! At least TTA weren't lying when they said they wanted us out of this league. I really can't believe what a :censored:ing mess they have made of my club! Expect a rush of refunds boys...5 weeks to announce lardarse! :ranting:

Yep, another yes man, like the proverbial Christian thrown to the lions - a relegation battle to ensue. If we thought last season was bad God help us! At least TTA weren't lying when they said they wanted us out of this league. I really can't believe what a :censored:ing mess they have made of my club! Expect a rush of refunds boys...5 weeks to announce lardarse! :ranting:

You fat temple bastard, get out of our club..

A lad I play football with has gone on holiday until Sunday. It could be him.

My Granddad went 'on holiday' 12 years ago, could this be his return? I'd kinda guessed he'd died of the aids he picked up in 'nam but my heart is filled with hope.

Edited by ritchie82

Crossley's friends with lee hughes on facebook! hmmm

if it is crossley then im affraid its a very backward step....and really highlights exactly how far we have sunk...cant see him shifting many more season tickets to be honest...

just hope i am wrong and it is somebody we havent mentioned....getting very tedious this now

My Granddad went 'on holiday' 12 years ago, could this be his return? I'd kinda guessed he'd died of the aids he picked up in 'nam but my heart is filled with hope.

Hope so mate, nobody deserves to lose a member of their family like that. My thoughts are with you.

I can't see beyond Gray now. They way they made a big deal about him applying for the job, no announcement on him leaving his role as assistant. The fact that's it's the easiest appointment to make and perhaps the cheapest. I think it was always in the pipeline that he would stay on as manager this season. Crossley could return in some capacity, but I think Gray will be numero uno next season.

I'm not bothered about Gray getting the job, but I'm píssed off at Gannon not getting it.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I can't see beyond Gray now. They way they made a big deal about him applying for the job, no announcement on him leaving his role as assistant. The fact that's it's the easiest appointment to make and perhaps the cheapest. Crossley could return in some capacity, but I think Gray will be numero uno next season. I'm not bothered about Gray getting the job, I'm píssed off at Gannon not getting it.

Maybe, but one of the reasons Newton left was because the club were looking backwards and it was becoming a museum and he wanted Gray to get the job and, seemingly, TTA didn't.

Hope so mate, nobody deserves to lose a member of their family like that. My thoughts are with you.

When he told my gran he'd been guts deep into the viet cong mob she thought he meant with his weapon, and in his own way so did he.

Welcome back Granddad, I'm still not getting a season ticket though as I wanted David Platt or Jason Wilcox.

You fat temple bastard, get out of our club..

Nothing against Crossley, but he's not the man we need for the impending relegation battle next season. If we had a hope in hell of progressing I'd say give him a chance - he always came across well in interviews but it's another cheap appointment that will blow up in TTA faces I mean FFS how low do the crowds have to drop? Rush for your season tickets my arse!

And delaying the announcement until after the deadline? Cynical? Moi??? :ranting: How stupid do the owners think people are. I wasn't that bothered about Gannon either, it is clear the man's in love with Stockport and we should be no-one's second choice. Crossley will not sell season tickets, Crossley is not a statement of intent more of a tighter hold in the grip of our austere owners...

Edited by oafcprozac