New Manager Thread

People have short memories if it wasn't for Corney and co a few years ago we wouldn't have a team to support.

By the same token, that doesn't mean they're beyond reproach.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well who confirmed it? The club? I very much doubt that seen as they've delayed an official announcement. And dickov is very probably in the same boat...

Annndd are you actually suggesting that a tabloid newspaper would never make something up.....?

To be honest, papers don't tend to confirm appointments do they, they tend to say "is in line for". I would imagine someone knows in the footballing world and that the papers have used their contacts to confirm it. Though as the contract hasn't been signed, it won't be official until next week - technically anything could happen.

Well who confirmed it? The club? I very much doubt that seen as they've delayed an official announcement. And dickov is very probably in the same boat...

Annndd are you actually suggesting that a tabloid newspaper would never make something up.....?

Keep sceptical... I doubt our little club is worth making up storys over though... I reckon they got the nod from people around Dickov etc...

Keep sceptical... I doubt our little club is worth making up storys over though... I reckon they got the nod from people around Dickov etc...

If only Liverpool had made their planned move for Andy Holt, they wouldn't be in the mess they are in now.

All still jumping to conclusions, I see.

A rumour doesn't need any basis in truth to gain weight.

The news outlets just copy each other's stories without any attempt to seek confirmation. They certainly can't be bothered doing any real fact finding for a minnow lower league club like us. No one will care, nor even bat an eyelid if they turn out to be wrong.

Yes it might be Dickov, but I'll wait for the official announcement thanks.

The news outlets just copy each other's stories without any attempt to seek confirmation. They certainly can't be bothered doing any real fact finding for a minnow lower league club like us. No one will care, nor even bat an eyelid if they turn out to be wrong.

Imagine rumours on a fans forum :) If we stuck to facts this place would be dead :)

There's a difference between commenting on it as rumour and speculation and posting as if the decision has been made, announced and he's sat in his office.

Girl friend.

Oh dear, grumpy police are back again. Can nobody talk about thinks that may happen in the future. No talk of Failsworth as all plans have not been confirmed.

We all know he is not in the office, he is on holiday.

I'm afraid it's true mate. RoyleArmy confirmed it.

that's us told eh :unsure:

:lol:

It's not the rumour and speculation that gets me - the forum would indeed be dead without it. I don't even mind those who repeatedly post the rumours in the first place, usually making up some "inside" contact who's usually "reliable"... after all, the tabloids pay people well for doing exactly that.

It's when people seemingly take the latest rumour, mentally convert it to fact and then post as if it has happened. Especially when they seemingly do that and then take great offence to the 'happening'. Even though it has only actually happened in their fevered minds.

:lol:

It's not the rumour and speculation that gets me - the forum would indeed be dead without it. I don't even mind those who repeatedly post the rumours in the first place, usually making up some "inside" contact who's usually "reliable"... after all, the tabloids pay people well for doing exactly that.

It's when people seemingly take the latest rumour, mentally convert it to fact and then post as if it has happened. Especially when they seemingly do that and then take great offence to the 'happening'. Even though it has only actually happened in their fevered minds.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In that case, maybe you should stick to trying to interpret RoyleArmy's posts,

They're clearly more your level.

Darling. :grin:

Nearly 73 pages of rumour and gossip, yet your still commenting on how your not interested until its confirmed. Sadder than 12 sad snails.

Guest FyldeBlue

now on Wikipedia....latest updated on there.

In my opinion for what it's worth with some fans ???? on OWTB .... at last someone has shown some sense at B.P. with a combination team that will produce the goods and football that most fans have been craving for for the last umpteen seasons.

Paul Dickov has a reputation and at this present time, it will be needed to sort out the workers from the shirkers at B.P. in Frank Bunn I honestly don't think we could have a better coach or personality making this a great all round team.

And once again we've got the old boys back at B.P. in Bunn, Duxbury, Philliskirk, only need to appoint Andy Ritchie as the club P.R.O. and I could really see us going somewhere...... upwards for once !

However that final comment will no doubt attract some further negatives from Mr Carl....wonder was it perhaps that you and Andy didn't see eye to eye ?.... :wink: