New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese whispers? Has anyone had any proof yet? Wish the club would come out and say something ffs

I met Ian Marshall at a Glory Hole last night and he told me to keep my mouth shut and relax.

He also said that the new manager would be Dickov with Ian Butterfield as assistant. Thats pretty firm.

To be fair to Slurms, I wasn't going to go if a select few had got the job (Crossley, Ritchie, Gray, Rtchie, Richardson, Ritchie, Simpson, Ritchie.)

Can't blame people for getting a bit miffed at the club.

Luckily, Dickov is one that interests me and I'll be going next season.

Gray; I thought he was your #1 choice??? :wink:

I stand by what I said – seems a strange concept to me; especially in today’s modern game. A manager is a short term employee; the club is a long term entity. Staying away just because you don’t like X Y or Z I just don’t get. It’s someone’s opinion & I’m not criticising their right to having one and acting on it accordingly – just that I don’t get it.

I didn’t ‘support’ (you know what I mean; I did back them obviously) any of our ex-managers; I supported the club. That still stands. It OAFC that I’ve paid to support, not Paul Dickov City.

I think it’s time for an appointment like this – a young, hungry, motivated & passionate manager who whilst raw & unproven – is a breath of fresh air to a club who are a ship tacking in water from all sides. I just don’t understand the toys out pram ‘I’m not supporting that dirty little Scottish git’ brigade that’s all.

Edited by slystallone

Gray; I thought he was your #1 choice??? :wink:

I stand by what I said – seems a strange concept to me; especially in today’s modern game. A manager is a short term employee; the club is a long term entity. Staying away just because you don’t like X Y or Z I just don’t get. It’s someone’s opinion & I’m not criticising their right to having one and acting on it accordingly – just that I don’t get it.

I didn’t ‘support’ (you know what I mean; I did back them obviously) any of our ex-managers; I supported the club. That still stands. It OAFC that I’ve paid to support, not Paul Dickov City.

I think it’s time for an appointment like this – a young, hungry, motivated & passionate manager who whilst raw & unproven – is a breath of fresh air to a club who are a ship tacking in water from all sides. I just don’t understand the toys out pram ‘I’m not supporting that dirty little Scottish git’ brigade that’s all.

Yeah he was, I have no idea why I put him in, I was just typing whilst thinking of who had been linked.

Mate, to be fair, last season I spent an absolute fortune travelling all over the place watching that crop of :censored:e and, in the end, I'd had enough and just stopped caring.

There was a time when, if Latics had lost, I would dread going in work on Monday knowing that people would ask about the game. And if they won, I would be bouncing and wouldnt be able to wait to get into work and tell people about it. Last season it became "We won", "We lost", or "We drew." And that was the conversation over. I used to always be checking my phone in work to see about Latics news, now I checked it to see which birds I could worm in on.

I genuinely started to fall out of love with them towards the end of the season, and had no intention of going again. I blame 13 men for that. 1 - Simon Corney. 2 - 12 - Whoever played on the Saturday. 13 - David Penis.

Hopeully, I will get my love and enthusiasm back. But it's going to take a long time before I get like I used to be about them.

Yeah he was, I have no idea why I put him in, I was just typing whilst thinking of who had been linked.

Mate, to be fair, last season I spent an absolute fortune travelling all over the place watching that crop of :censored:e and, in the end, I'd had enough and just stopped caring.

There was a time when, if Latics had lost, I would dread going in work on Monday knowing that people would ask about the game. And if they won, I would be bouncing and wouldnt be able to wait to get into work and tell people about it. Last season it became "We won", "We lost", or "We drew." And that was the conversation over. I used to always be checking my phone in work to see about Latics news, now I checked it to see which birds I could worm in on.

I genuinely started to fall out of love with them towards the end of the season, and had no intention of going again. I blame 13 men for that. 1 - Simon Corney. 2 - 12 - Whoever played on the Saturday. 13 - David Penis.

Hopeully, I will get my love and enthusiasm back. But it's going to take a long time before I get like I used to be about them.

I heard John Eyre is going to become first team coach :unsure:

Fair post – I like you sort of got a bit ambivalent towards the end of the season; it was a shocking season I think we can all agree on that.

But what you mention in your post are separate points in relation to a poster stating ‘ Im not going if that dirty little scottish git’ is manager’. You are stating that many factors combined have caused you to feel slightly less than you did for the club; he/ she was stating they wouldn’t be coming purely down the new manager & who he is.

That’s my point.

Hoping to regain some passion myself this coming season; but that will be with whoever is in charge; regardless of who is in charge.

Anyone got his email/facebook/mobile ? Need to contact him asap to get in touch with Blackburn about :censored:.

You mean thre is no one at Oldham Athletic that will tell him. :shock:

"

Dear Paul,

There's no money left, and :censored: has gone back to Blackburn.

Regards

Dave

his eyes are quite John Eyre-esque

PaulDickov_546015.jpg

Harry got another bet for you, not as good as the other though.

Somone to walk out of big brother 1/2.

Someone has walked out for the last 5 years, since the shows had too many people and over a longer distance.

Crooks go 10/3 on no-one walking out, and only 4/6 on 2 or more walking out, which shows 1/2 to be good value.

Could even arb the 10/3 and 1/2 if you wished.

Is anyone thinking that the reason this is not announced is that he has actually not signed ont he dotted line and it could all go Pete Tong?

Or that he's on holiday, so can't physically sign...